Garrison mission levels

I have been trying to find out what determines what level the missions you receive are, but I can't find the answer anywhere.

I currently have 18 level 100 followers and 2 level 98 followers as my actives. However, I continually keep getting lower level missions (like the level 90 "Night's Watch". I know that once I got a follower up to 100, I started getting level 100 missions, so I know your follower level has some impact on the missions you get. However, I thought that with all followers 98+ I would no longer get any missions for level 90 followers.

Am I still getting these low level missions because I have "disabled" followers who are still low level? I sort of guessed it would only give you missions based on your active followers, but I could be wrong.

Also, do I have to do the low level ones to have them replaced with high level missions, or will the low level missions just keep getting replaced with more low level quests so I can just ignore them?

Trying to avoid wasting a ton of resources on these missions like I have been, so any insight would be appreciated.

When I had my first lvl 100 follower, I got lvl 100 missions coming out of my ears. Most of them 3-follower ones that took ten hours. Still most of the missions I have are lvl 100, even though only a third of my followers are, and it's slowing my follower leveling down tremendously.

Other active followers are spread out fairly evenly between lvls 94 and 99.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the opposite problem. I have one lvl 100 guy and now 90% of my missions are 100.

Deleted
    Maybe it looks at your inactive list too, since you can activate them and put them to work! As i am in the same boat as you... have like 2-3 not 100 and already starting getting and doing highmaul raid missions (yay 655 epix), and getting lvl 90 missions is just silly, 100xp when you either need 60k to upgrade to rare or 120k to upgrade to epic follower is just useless. Only ones i actually like are those that give like 30-40 resources... fast and easy :P except, at lvl 100 i had those that give 100 resources... but anyway, at least those with some resources are useful, xp, gold and item ones are waste of time and slot
    I hope they would make it look at active list only, since ive collected followers just for the sake of collecting them and dont think about leveling some, so they will stay 90 on inactive list and make me get silly missions i dont want or need... hope i wont have to activate them and level them one by one to get rid of it

Need to get damn barracks to level 3 already(so i can level some more guys with those 5 extra slots), but 1200 resources is damn hard to get... war mill 20 per work order, 20-25 per mission... and i have both lumber mill and trading post getting me resources 100% of time... and resources are barely increasing(and ive collected all treasures that give them in the world lol)
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2014-11-21 at 11:10 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the new "buff" where you are guaranteed more low level missions, I am now having the opposite problem: Over half my followers are lvl 100, but only 2/10 missions are lvl 100.. Before this change, I was sitting on 1-2 followers at lvl 100 while getting 8/10 lvl 100 missions.

I'd say they definitely overdid this change and should try to find a more balanced approach between these two extremes. :/

Quote Originally Posted by stians View Post
    After the new "buff" where you are guaranteed more low level missions, I am now having the opposite problem: Over half my followers are lvl 100, but only 2/10 missions are lvl 100.. Before this change, I was sitting on 1-2 followers at lvl 100 while getting 8/10 lvl 100 missions.

I'd say they definitely overdid this change and should try to find a more balanced approach between these two extremes. :/
    I could be entirely wrong.

But i think it gives you missions across the spectrum you have.

are you sure you don't have a low level follower on your herb garden or proff building or so? cos that would count.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I could be entirely wrong.

But i think it gives you missions across the spectrum you have.

are you sure you don't have a low level follower on your herb garden or proff building or so? cos that would count.
    My only followers below 95 are inactive. Still getting 91 missions now and then, and over 90% of missions I get are NOT level 100 despite 17/20 of my active followers being 100 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    could just be that when the missions are generated, they take your inactive followers into account, so if you have a lvl 90 follower that is inactive, you'll get lvl 90 missions.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    could just be that when the missions are generated, they take your inactive followers into account, so if you have a lvl 90 follower that is inactive, you'll get lvl 90 missions.
    This is what I'm afraid of. I can understand seeing low levelled missions if you have an ACTIVE low levelled follower working in your mine or something - fair enough, since it's still an active follower.

But if low levelled followers that are disabled/benched are still triggering the appearance of low levelled quest, I can see that being a problem as you basically have to rotate them back in and level them to 100 just to 'get rid' of low levelled quests appearing - kind of a pain imo, and no easy feat with how many there are in the game, inactive followers shouldn't count.