Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    A useful thread for sure :P
    My holy priest is my next class to level (I really don't like Disc), and I feel I rely a lot on my 2P SoO bonus for tough situations..
    Any tips adopting away from that?
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

I am same i stay in yellow chakra, some tanks can be squishy i had one in greens calling me a bad healer cause he died, he was in some green items i have healed quite a few i use heal alot renew on tank all time refreshing with serenity.

I put renew on dps and myself use binding heal (glyphed) when 2 people are taking damage i took Isheria's advice and went for solace since using it i am always above 50% mana and no need to use shadowfiend, i also do shield the tank and keep pom on cd also glyphed so far no problems.

As others have said sometimes you get silly tanks or dps who just take damage, also use coh that is awesome now i use it alot.

Get better gear?
    I mean the SoO was good but i have been running holy from the start of heroics without it and usually have no problem with healing the group.
    Unless ofc you have people that cannot move away from fire and that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

A
    Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    So this is my first time healing, ever, and going by my very limited experience in healing dungeons I have a few questions.

I find myself focusing way too much on my grid, is this something that goes away with experience or is it a recurring problem?
    What amd I supposed to do when there's an aoe attack as a holy priest? Currently my normal rotation is keeping Renew and PoM up on the tank as much as possible, and using Holy Word: Serenity on the tank on cooldown pretty much, I usually wait until he's taken some damage with using it though.

If an AoE attack happens, usually I'll just put up Renew on people, and use Circle of Healing, Prayer of Healing and maybe a Binding Heal. While moving, the only thing I can do is CoH and Renew, depending on how much time I can get, but between that and juggling the tank healing it get's pretty messy.

Right now I'm kind of okay in Normal dungeons, but what would happen in heroics, or even raids? What am I supposed to do in situations with sustained AoE where I also need to move quite a bit while also keeping the tank up? I'm lost as to what to do.
    Welcome to the ranks of the Watchers of the Green Bar! You will learn to look at frames less & less but yeah, it's our job to make sure those things don't get empty so they will always be somewhat of a focus. As someone said, just be sure that they're in a good spot on the screen for you.

For AoE, renewing and maybe a PW:S on the tank *before* the damage hits will help. I also PoM (glyphed) myself or another squishy if I have the GCD to spare. Start with 2 stacks of serendipity, then CoH, PoH (fast), PoH (normal). I find Surge of Light & Divine Intervention extremely helpful in these situations. Don't be afraid to change Chakras to Sanctuary (blue) if there is a troubling phase, the extra CoH or 2 will help a lot.

In raids, you'll probably be in sanctuary chakra the whole time and you will have help. Focus on what you can do *before* the damage goes out just as much as what you do afterwards. Just because we're a high throughput class doesn't mean that we should be only playing whack-a-mole.

Good luck & have fun! No feeling quite like saving a wipe by orchestrating some perfectly timed heals & CDs.
    Last edited by sfeeney37; 2014-11-27 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Autocorrect is my nemesis!

You need to prioritize Renew over pretty much anything else

glyph binding heal to heal 3 people, glyph PWS to do instant healing so it refreshes renew as well

this way you have; 3 Binding heals + 1 PWS + 1 Serenity instant heal = 5 heals to keep up renew at all times