Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People really need to understand what Ninjaing is. It is not possible to ninja with the need-before-greed system. The loot that drops isn't yours until you win it, even if you believe it's best for you in comparison to everyone else.

Personal loot is awesome. The fact that I run 12 heroics and get 1 drop is not.

Quote Originally Posted by favor98 View Post
    Personal loot sucks and it sucked in mop also. It gives you the exact same item multiple times and guess what, you CAN'T trade items in personal loot system.
    Seen a caster dps trinket drop in Everbloom hc for 3 times now and healer got it each time....yet the system doesn't give a crap that I need it and that the healer already has 2 in his bags.
    How can THAT be better then need/greed? It MIGHT be better for "casual" players but it sucks for guild pre-made groups that are getting ready for mythic raiding....make gearing insanely hard.
    It will take you a lot more time to get your trinket with old system. There is so many different loots what can drop and when the trinket finally drops. There will be healer needing on it, maybe other spell caster needing on it and maybe even that little feral who wants to try boomkin/resto someday. Oh and you lose the roll. after that you need to farm more and wait multiple runs so trinket finally drops again. And what happens next? You still dont get the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipies View Post
    only problem i have with personal loot is that i get nothing of the bosses
    imo all they needed to do was up the gold drop or give it a chance to drop something else like maybe a green quality crafting mat.

It gives you the exact same item multiple times and guess what, you CAN'T trade items in personal loot system.
    Seen a caster dps trinket drop in Everbloom hc for 3 times now and healer got it each time....yet the system doesn't give a crap that I need it and that the healer already has 2 in his bags.
    How can THAT be better then need/greed? It MIGHT be better for "casual" players but it sucks for guild pre-made groups that are getting ready for mythic raiding....make gearing insanely hard.
    That all happened with the need or greed system to

10+ Year Old Account
    And back to people needing on everything they can need on.. Or leaving before passing, so you gotta wait around forever.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by favor98 View Post
    Personal loot sucks and it sucked in mop also. It gives you the exact same item multiple times and guess what, you CAN'T trade items in personal loot system.
    It should have been reversed from how they went. Pre-made groups should be able to set to need/greed, but random queued should be personal loot. I have no investment in 4 strangers getting an upgrade, nor do they have any in me.

Stupid decision.

Awfull idea to bring back need before greed.

People cry and say personal loot is bad, they seem to forget how much they complained back when it still was need before greed.
    I myself prefer personal loot over need before greed.

With the new gear changes you will have to compete with more people then you used to.
    When Plate gear drops i wont have strength or intel it will have both.

So every plate wearer competes with eachother, no matter if its tank, dps or healer.

edit:
    Personal loot means i might get loot or i might not get loot.

Need before greed means, loot i want might drop or it might not. But if it does i still need to win the roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Hahahaha! Obviously, seeing a loot drop you need that gets NINJAed is sooo much more rewarding! Personal loot is awesome! At least there's no more drama over loot!

I have done like 5-6 instance with no loot at all and personal loot is cool but need before greed is better as long as it has the same rules clothies can't roll on anything but cloth, leather for leather, mail for mail, plate for plate, same goes for trinkets and weapons if it has their primary stats for their class ie int for caster, agi for melee that use it, str for str class, spirit for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    A lot of people in LFG that i group with are always saying, "man this is the 10th dungeon and im getting gold only?!" "the boss better drop some loot after all those wipes"

so yeah... i can totally understand why blizz reverted the change.

i personally ran dungeons 2 days without any loot, non stop queueing on my tank, finally im getting loot now but sometimes, still not the loot i want.
    I dont get this argument even in MOP and before I ran several dungeons with no loot... its not any different now...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    Personal loot is awesome. The fact that I run 12 heroics and get 1 drop is not.
    This. Absolutely LOVE Personal Loot. Either I get loot or I don't. I never need to hate the guy in my party who's offspec could use the loot I just got and now I lost it because he rolled need even though it was offspec.

Love, love, love personal loot.

It's totally disappointing not getting lot very often but I sure wish they hadn't made this change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I dont get this argument even in MOP and before I ran several dungeons with no loot... its not any different now...
    I think the argument is that you ALWAYS *saw* loot drop from each boss, it just wasn't something you could use or else someone else rolled and won it over you, but it was at least there. With personal loot (which I prefer) you either see your loot or you see nothing so it starts to seem like no loot is dropping at all.
    Free to play games explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4VRbsjZrQ

Well, looks like I won't be running anymore Heroics without a full guild group while gearing...

I loved personal loot in pugged groups!

Nice with the new MC and stuff... too bad the shitty server only works half the time you are online

unable to log into the game cause u logged out in garrison and "world server down" #justwarlordsthings

I am sorry but the old need or greed system is beyond bad. Sorry to say it that I will be needing on ever single piece as i need the shards. I don't have enchanting but my garrsion does. I suspect this is going to be happening a lot.

Need or Greed Don't expect it to benefit you more. If you are a pure dps spec i feed sorry for you when everyone will be stealing your gear.

I dont mind personal loot, but i missed the loot window. Sure it shoes in chat what people got but its like woohoo. Some popup should come up and show people who won stuff.

Deleted
    That's terrible. Just look at the loot tables for the bosses. Every boss can dropp ~20-30 (MoP bosses had ~5-10) items and now 1 dropps for the whole group instead of everyone having a chance to get one? The bosses were cleary designed for personal loot.

But looting 3gold is also stupid. Why don't we get atleast some Apexis Crystals when we don't get loot?

Quote Originally Posted by blckmagic View Post
    I have done like 5-6 instance with no loot at all and personal loot is cool but need before greed is better as long as it has the same rules clothies can't roll on anything but cloth, leather for leather, mail for mail, plate for plate, same goes for trinkets and weapons if it has their primary stats for their class ie int for caster, agi for melee that use it, str for str class, spirit for healers.

Ya before they came with personal loot it never happened that someone did 6 dungeons with no loot.

This was sarcasm btw.

Reverting back to need/greed ? Okay! Looks like im going to stick to pvp only in WoD.

Deleted
    Right.

Everyone who like Personal Loot.

BITCH at BLIZ. Flood their forums, spam their twitter, bombard their CS with tickets.......and pester them to keep personal loot.
    We just learnt that bitching gets what you want from Bliz, so go all out. Stop this fucking stupid decision from going ahead. or get used to loot drama, and hassle and idiots ninja stealing your loot.

Fucking idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Right.

Everyone who like Personal Loot.

BITCH at BLIZ. Flood their forums, spam their twitter, bombard their CS with tickets.......and pester them to keep personal loot.
    We just learnt that bitching gets what you want from Bliz, so go all out. Stop this fucking stupid decision from going ahead. or get used to loot drama, and hassle and idiots ninja stealing your loot.

Fucking idiots.
    It went live an hour ago i think.
    Everybody got kicked from their instance (dungeon, proving ground, lfr etc), i then read it here, did a dungeon and its already in.