[BrM] Primal Combatant's Staff - 2.0 speed 2h

I saw this question on the WoW Monk forums and it got me thinking. With the way EB is generated faster with 1h weapons, vs. slower, more consistent stacks with a 2h. Would this get the best of both? I'm not a theorycrafter by any stretch. Just hoping for some insight since they're traditionally much slower, thanks!

Edit: Staff link: http://www.wowhead.com/item=115033

Whether you use a fast or slow weapon, your generation over the course of a fight should be about the same regardless of the speed of your weapon. Using that staff over a staff with better stats wouldn't really accomplish much.

That makes sense and I'm familiar with the overall concept. I just didn't know if there was some sort of coefficient added to 2h EB generation that might be affected by the fact that it was faster than most -- In essence providing the increased rate for a 2h weapon, but also generating faster because it's faster, and therefore auto-attacks faster than most 2h.

Quote Originally Posted by Densalo View Post
    That makes sense and I'm familiar with the overall concept. I just didn't know if there was some sort of coefficient added to 2h EB generation that might be affected by the fact that it was faster than most -- In essence providing the increased rate for a 2h weapon, but also generating faster because it's faster, and therefore auto-attacks faster than most 2h.
    EB generation is normalized around weapon speed. You'll generate a similar amount of EB regardless of weapon speed. The only difference is if it comes in smaller, more steady stack generation or larger and slower generation. The amount generated is about the same either way. The only way to increase overall generation is to increase your crit.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-11-22 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    EB generation is normalized around weapon speed. You'll generate a similar amount of EB regardless of weapon speed. The only difference is if it comes in smaller, more steady stack generation or larger and slower generation. The amount generated is about the same either way. The only way to increase overall generation is to increase your crit.
    Cool thanks, I realized that the more I thought about it. I'm not sure why I was thinking it was normalized around something as simple as 1h vs 2h.