Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    If you use Premeditation while you are stacking Anticipation, it won't trigger any Anticipation stacks but it WILL go on cooldown.

Not seeing this bug around anywhere, so...is it a feature?
    I've wondered about this too. I only picked back up my rogue at 5.4 and I haven't seen anyone else posting about this issue.

I feel like how DfA currently works for Combat atm should be how it works across all specs. (Granting CPs for each target hit)

I'm not sure if any other rogue has also noticed this, but when I personally try to use the Survivor's Bag of Coins, an error message pops saying "you can't use that here". Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Quote Originally Posted by cenarin View Post
    I'm not sure if any other rogue has also noticed this, but when I personally try to use the Survivor's Bag of Coins, an error message pops saying "you can't use that here". Not sure if this is a bug or not.
    You need to be able to fly in the zone you are trying to use it in, otherwise it doesn't work.

DfA ruthlessness providing 2 + Number of targets
    Non-damaging abilities appear to proc ruthlessness
    Out of combat HaT
    Vanish glyph + Subterfuge bug is back
    Lethal poisons being removed on talent, glyph and spec change
    Stealth is broken by the smallest things including the ancient combat pulse bug
    Ruthlessness CD reduction doesn't work all the time. Particularly noticeable with MfD.
    DfA can port you under the world resulting in a long period of endless DCs.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

...why is the DFA thing a bug? Just gonna copy/paste some thoughts I had about the whole thing from my guild forums:

There's two hits to Death From Above; the up-swing, which propels you into the air for a second, then the down-swing, which sends you crashing back down onto the target (or close to the target, depending on how far you are from them). The up-swing is an AoE finisher that consumes your CP, and the down-swing is an Eviscerate on your primary target.
    There's also Ruthlessness, which reads as "For each combo point spent, your damaging finishing moves reduce the cooldown on your Adrenaline Rush, Killing Spree, and Sprint by 2 sec, and all your finishing moves have a 20% chance to grant a combo point and restore 25 Energy." To rephrase from that, your finishers have a 20% chance per CP spent to refund a CP.

On a single target fight, DFA is giving you a combo point for using it (standard Ruthlessness proc), and it's giving you another combo point for the Eviscerate that has been attached onto the coming-down animation (another standard Ruthlessness proc). This means DFA is refunding 2 CPs every time you use it on a single-target fight.

On a multi-target fight, the single-target mechanics still apply. You get a CP for activating it on your primary target and the CP for Eviscerate at the end, but the game is recognizing the AoE finisher as a finisher on each target. This means you get 2 CPs refunded, then an extra CP for each target hit by the initial 8-yard-range DFA activation.

To me, if Ruthlessness is tracking DFA as a finisher on each target, then it seems like it's working as intended.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know if it's intended, crimson tempest is the same thing and doesn't give you multiple cps.

Deleted
    DFA bug (?) is one of those things that I wish to stay. Even if it's a bug, it makes things more fun.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Revealing Strike tooltip on the target says "101% chance to generate an extra combo point" (don't know if this is just me?)

Two things for me with Bandit's Guile, 1) Tooltip while in Deep Insight still say's 30%. 2) Even worse though, is my eviscrates are hitting for exactly the same no matter my insight. No insight, 15K, Deep Insight, 15K.
    Last edited by MannDuo; 2014-11-25 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to stop getting killed during killing spree or DfA when I can't position my rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post
    I'd like to stop getting killed during killing spree or DfA when I can't position my rogue.
    Hello! I think you should create macros to cancel those attacks then .
    I just did a test for both macros, as I wasn't sure if cancelaura for DFA would work, but it does (I think you need to cancel before the character starts "diving" back to the ground)

These are the macros just in case you dont know:

/cancelaura Killing Spree
    /cancelaura Death From Above

Hopefully, you can bind them on the same key u have those attacks (but add a modifier like shift).
    Good luck!

Oh btw, and this is minor as F. When you enter stealth mode with Goren Garb (toy), you stop rolling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    ...why is the DFA thing a bug? Just gonna copy/paste some thoughts I had about the whole thing from my guild forums:

There's two hits to Death From Above; the up-swing, which propels you into the air for a second, then the down-swing, which sends you crashing back down onto the target (or close to the target, depending on how far you are from them). The up-swing is an AoE finisher that consumes your CP, and the down-swing is an Eviscerate on your primary target.
    There's also Ruthlessness, which reads as "For each combo point spent, your damaging finishing moves reduce the cooldown on your Adrenaline Rush, Killing Spree, and Sprint by 2 sec, and all your finishing moves have a 20% chance to grant a combo point and restore 25 Energy." To rephrase from that, your finishers have a 20% chance per CP spent to refund a CP.

On a single target fight, DFA is giving you a combo point for using it (standard Ruthlessness proc), and it's giving you another combo point for the Eviscerate that has been attached onto the coming-down animation (another standard Ruthlessness proc). This means DFA is refunding 2 CPs every time you use it on a single-target fight.

On a multi-target fight, the single-target mechanics still apply. You get a CP for activating it on your primary target and the CP for Eviscerate at the end, but the game is recognizing the AoE finisher as a finisher on each target. This means you get 2 CPs refunded, then an extra CP for each target hit by the initial 8-yard-range DFA activation.

To me, if Ruthlessness is tracking DFA as a finisher on each target, then it seems like it's working as intended.
    Where does the 3rd CP come from then on single target by that logic?

I don't think this is intended as there is no word about that in the DfA tooltip and it can't be just ruthlessness because of the number of targets hit variable.

What I also dislike about DfA is that it sets all your other stuff on a 2s CD. I have Weak Auras to remind me when I get major CDs back, including Vanish Prep and Smoke bomb and they all keep getting triggered after Using DfA if they were rdy before that. Kinda annoying, not sure how to fix my WAs to not do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Vanish glyph + Subterfuge bug is back.
    What kind of bug is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorefel View Post
    What kind of bug is that?
    Double Subterfuge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Double Subterfuge
    Dunno, but if there's something that's screwing us over, that's an obvious bug that needs fixing.
    However, if it's giving us an advantage, I'd say it's working as intended plus clever use of the game mechanics at the same time

Deleted
    I hate the Cloak and Dagger bug where you Cheap Shot someone on a mount and then seems to miss.
    The target is then not stunned, cheapshot is on CD and the rogue is standing there unstealthed like a moron out in the open.

Deleted
    I was flung outside the world in that boss fight that has the big guy charging around and a small goblin that repositions?
    I used killing spree and then the goblin did his thing where he goes up on a high position, and that put me outside the dungeon, dead falling forever.

Deleted
    with empowered bandit's guile - deep insight tooltip says only 30% more dmg.

also i don't know if its a bug but recuperate doesn't proc multistrikes isn't that consider a heal ? Multistrike tooltip : "Grants two % chances to deliver extra attacks or heals for 30% of normal value."

Deleted
    During challenge modes yesterday I noticed how much ruthlessness is actually bugged. For me I got 100% fail rate to shave off 20s of my cds when I used Dfa -> Evi as fast as possible and both at 5CP. I submitted a bug report... maybe they can be arsed to fix this before raids go live when enough of us post bug reports about it.

Anyways, for the lazy here is my submission ticket. Disclaimer: English is not my first language so there might be some spelling errors/other errors.

'When I use 2 Damaging finishers in a quick succession Ruthlessness will not "register" and I will not get 20s off of my Damage Cds and get instead only 10.
    Most notably is the Order: Death from Above -> Eviscerate. I get 100% fail rate with that skill order.'

Edit: Just tested this on the 3 Raidtest dummies in Orgrimmar and still 100% fail rate when used "too fast"
    Last edited by mmoc7df6ba81a8; 2014-11-28 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    I can't pinpoint it exactly, but I sometimes have similar problems when using evisc -> mfd evisc "too fast". I think it was the same in MoP when doing 2x evisc with 5cp + 5 anticipation stacks, just it was easier to avoid and less annoying than with DfA/MfD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylie View Post
    I can't pinpoint it exactly, but I sometimes have similar problems when using evisc -> mfd evisc "too fast". I think it was the same in MoP when doing 2x evisc with 5cp + 5 anticipation stacks, just it was easier to avoid and less annoying than with DfA/MfD.
    The bug exists since MoP, but it was somewhat rare. With DfA it's 100% fail chance.