10+ Year Old Account

Tier 3 garrison: war mill vs stables

Hello,

Basically, I got my garrison to Tier 3, and I'm on the fence about what to put on the second large plot: war mill or stables? Both seems like they provide nice benefits.
    What is your opinion on that?

Thanks in advance!
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

War Mill if your a raider; stables if you like going out into the world and doing things or need to get around Ashran faster for PvP

So the war mill is the Horde's version of the Dwarven Bunker? Honestly, it's a bit of a hard choice then I'd say. The largest thing you'll probably get out of the War Mill is the free roll each week, the transmog stuff takes forever to farm up. On the other hand, the stables gives you nothing for raiding, just more mounts and outdoor ease of travel, like being able to loot quest objects while mounted and what not.

Basically, technically the War Mill would just save you time each week from having to get 3 coins a week, while the Stables will give you mounts that you could just get on an alt anyway, and ease of travel which isn't that huge anyway.

Deleted
    I built my war mill first, its just so good while lvelling. You need one anyway for the reroll token at level 3.

Here is a handy image for building your garrison
    http://blog.askmrrobot.com/wp-conten...Garrisons4.png

War Mill is also good for level 2 and gearing followers for missions... Although my War Mill has yielded nothing more than a few apexis crystals/scraps of iron and one/two follower enhancements -_-"

RNG...

Deleted
    I went with warmill. I actually built it only to proc my proving grounds weapon. And it worked. If it was down to the warmill, I will never know. It's what keeps it from being torn down for now.

Stables are meh. Actually all big ones are kinda meh, if you're not a time-constrained raider that loves the follower mini-game.

I'd definitely go with warmill, they are very important if you care about spamming missions, which is what most of us will end up doing in a month or so anyway. Without it gearing up followers will take forever.

Deleted
    War Mill was very useful for follower gear upgrades. Already started getting 645 gear from the missions, largely thanks to running the War Mill from very early on. At this point we're much closer to raids already though, so you won't gain as much of a benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can have both...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    You can have both...
    Anyone not using the barracks is gonna suffer when it comes to missions, 25% more followers available is huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

war mill by far, 1 bonus roll from war mill, 1 bonus roll from follower mission, 1 cheap bonus roll from w/e currency u want.

stables just increase ur mounted speed by 20% and give u mounts, the speed increase barely matter and mounts u can get on alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    You can have both...
    not worth giving up on body guard+5 followers
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    stables was really awesome, not having to dismount to get quest items and herb is invaluable
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    On the other hand, the stables gives you nothing for raiding, just more mounts and outdoor ease of travel, like being able to loot quest objects while mounted and what not.
    Problem is, at 100, there aren't any quests that could be completed by just moving around and interacting with something. You gotta kill stuff to do dailies, and that requires dismounting. So stables provide next to zero benefit here.