Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Really? Well CMs in MoP just gave you transmog gear right? I wasn't there for early MoP so I didn't bother with CMs, none of the rewards really concerned me.
    CMs didn't get released at launch in MoP, like it did in WoD.
    MoP gave you transmog gear, which now isn't obtainable, and 3 mounts that you can't get anymore either I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    and get rewarded very well for it.
    u need to add that it rewards u well only if u are lucky - for last 3 days i have been geting gear with absolute shitty stats worse then their 630 equivalent i have so if u are unlucky they are just waste of time gearingwise - garrison can give u better gear with much less effort

I've tried 2 of these so far.. and it's embarrassing how poorly we did.

I either suck at this game, had bad groups, or both. I suspect the former.

Deleted
    The daily CM gave you an item box like th current one for 640 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    You Noob, they are not new, they were there in MoP.
    HAHhaa you mean the 60 VP dailies everyone ignored?

What we have now is actually meaningful and rewarding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    u need to add that it rewards u well only if u are lucky - for last 3 days i have been geting gear with absolute shitty stats worse then their 630 equivalent i have so if u are unlucky they are just waste of time gearingwise - garrison can give u better gear with much less effort
    Except that these things are not mutually exclusive. You dont need to stand ontop of your garrison to get items so "waste of time" is irrelevant. the item drops are very rewarding and you're hyperboling a bad case of rng on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    I dont understand that, really. None of the rewards for MoP CMs concerned you? They were one of a kind transmog sets that are now unobtainable. The current rewards that you're getting for completing the daily do concern you though? Which are just entry level epics that get replaced very quickly over the life of the expansion.

I feel like this in indicative of the mentality of the average WoW player now, and it's sad. "I want the shallow, short term, soon to be useless reward because EPIX!!!, but fuck the long term, challenging to get, eventually unobtainable status symbol rewards, those are dumb!!!!1111"

/sigh
    IF You DONT LIKE WHAT I LIKE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM WITH WOW!!!!1111ONE Sumed that up for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    yeeiiih lfr loots wow.
    Seriously I suppose better than nothing but that's about it.
    Better loot for harder 5 man content is what a fair number of people have been asking for. These people may have no interest in large unorganized cat herding but want a challenge with their friends. Not every one plays to raid bub.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I feel like this in indicative of the mentality of the average WoW player now, and it's sad. "I want the shallow, short term, soon to be useless reward because EPIX!!!, but fuck the long term, challenging to get, eventually unobtainable status symbol rewards, those are dumb!!!!1111"
    Some folks really don't care much about status symbols at all. Frankly, the only armor I thought looked good last time around was the druid set. And this time around, only one of the shields is something I really find interesting looking. But that doesn't matter really.

CM's right now are in a good place because there's something to be attained no matter how you approach them. But once raiding opens, and LFR hits, the only folks who will bother with CM's are medal-pursuers (unless they up the challenge box loot) Pugs will only be brought if it's a buy (if those are even going to be as readily possible as they were in MoP). Already folks are looking for dumb requirements to get in pugs for these things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that in a few weeks lfr will come out with higher ilvl items and nobody will care about cms anymore unless gold.
    will be jumping into heroic/mythic as soon as its avaiable. every piece of ilvl counts immensely when undergeared at begin of expac

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard overdid the difficulty this time. Eventually very skilled players will be able to 4man them and start selling boost. And if you think it was much "Selling CM" spam in MoP, it will be ten times as much now.

PvE is by far the most dissapointing thing about WoD so far. MoP had some flaws, but PvE in MoP was AMAZING.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Blizzard overdid the difficulty this time. Eventually very skilled players will be able to 4man them and start selling boost. And if you think it was much "Selling CM" spam in MoP, it will be ten times as much now.

PvE is by far the most dissapointing thing about WoD so far. MoP had some flaws, but PvE in MoP was AMAZING.
    The ability to underman CMs in MoP was almost entirely dependent on two things - gear inflation through extra sockets, and increasingly ballsier pulls that maximized Vengeance. The current world best times for CMs are cutting it very, very close to Gold and can only realistically be improved very marginally.

Put very frankly, with the new healing and tanking models, I don't think undermanning CMs to boost people is ever going to be viable, and certainly never more than 1 person by the very best CM groups in the world. You're losing too much just in terms of DPS on bosses that you can't feasibly make up on trash pulls by cheeesing Vengeance like you could in the past.

How to make CMs easy: Don't bring melee. Just another expansion where melee are punished just for being melee.

Take Warlord Zaela. A fixate whirlwind with a large hitbox that only screws over melee. Three adds who all have dragon roar, an 8 yard aoe/knockback that punish melee just for being melee. The dragons that land can cut the room in half with their breath, if a melee is running away from the fixate they can be seperated from the boss and lose all dps time while ranged can just pewpew from wherever.

That's just one boss, another that comes to mind is the worm in Burial Grounds. Why bring any melee when ranged can continue to do full dps during inhales while melee have to stand around holding their dicks

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    You Noob, they are not new, they were there in MoP.
    Try to learn how to read, he didn't say they were new, If you read a post next time you might not look foolish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    The ability to underman CMs in MoP was almost entirely dependent on two things - gear inflation through extra sockets, and increasingly ballsier pulls that maximized Vengeance. The current world best times for CMs are cutting it very, very close to Gold and can only realistically be improved very marginally.

Put very frankly, with the new healing and tanking models, I don't think undermanning CMs to boost people is ever going to be viable, and certainly never more than 1 person by the very best CM groups in the world. You're losing too much just in terms of DPS on bosses that you can't feasibly make up on trash pulls by cheeesing Vengeance like you could in the past.
    Dont worry
    you cant boost a player to gladiator rank by playing with him neither

You just pilot his char. It will be the same for CMs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Dont worry
    you cant boost a player to gladiator rank by playing with him neither

You just pilot his char. It will be the same for CMs.
    ... which, as opposed to simply boosting someone for Gold and having them play their own character, is wildly discordant with the ToS and will get you banned the second it gets discovered.

That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't possible, of course - just that doing it is against the ToS and that most of the CM boosting teams from MoP will stop or have to do it on throwaway accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand that, really. None of the rewards for MoP CMs concerned you? They were one of a kind transmog sets that are now unobtainable. The current rewards that you're getting for completing the daily do concern you though? Which are just entry level epics that get replaced very quickly over the life of the expansion.

/sigh
    All rewards fill their own concept, common to them all though (regardless if it's a mere weak upgrade, mount, title or xmog) is that people see it as a token of being awesome and potentially show off something others don't have, in the end all of it is pointless.
    Not disregarding that cm's are pretty fantastic as I do them myself every day, just trying to understand where you are coming from with such a narrow comment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    ... which, as opposed to simply boosting someone for Gold and having them play their own character, is wildly discordant with the ToS and will get you banned the second it gets discovered.

That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't possible, of course - just that doing it is against the ToS and that most of the CM boosting teams from MoP will stop or have to do it on throwaway accounts.
    Im not saying its allowed
    Still will happen, and happened a lot on MoP. This time there will be even more of them since it will be quite impossible to boost someone playing his char except for the very best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    How to make CMs easy: Don't bring melee. Just another expansion where melee are punished just for being melee.

Take Warlord Zaela. A fixate whirlwind with a large hitbox that only screws over melee. Three adds who all have dragon roar, an 8 yard aoe/knockback that punish melee just for being melee. The dragons that land can cut the room in half with their breath, if a melee is running away from the fixate they can be seperated from the boss and lose all dps time while ranged can just pewpew from wherever.

That's just one boss, another that comes to mind is the worm in Burial Grounds. Why bring any melee when ranged can continue to do full dps during inhales while melee have to stand around holding their dicks
    It is possible to drop a bone pit or two within melee range (and some classes have the option to near enough instantly jump / dash) to the two adds.., I could do the same for Zaela, sure you aren't really just standing around holding your dick anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    It is possible to drop a bone pit or two within melee range (and some classes have the option to near enough instantly jump / dash) to the two adds.., I could do the same for Zaela, sure you aren't really just standing around holding your dick anyway?
    the thing is he is kinda right - blizz could have made it a bit smarter - if any melee in group just automatickly drop 1 puddle in melee - or automatickly put 1 on tank regardeles of melee or not melee in group - but what we have atm and what i experienced 2 melee + 1 tank and all puddles in range miles away from boss - this is just fucked up design nothing else

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the thing is he is kinda right - blizz could have made it a bit smarter - if any melee in group just automatickly drop 1 puddle in melee - or automatickly put 1 on tank regardeles of melee or not melee in group - but what we have atm and what i experienced 2 melee + 1 tank and all puddles in range miles away from boss - this is just fucked up design nothing else
    Well, at least in recompense most melee are miles ahead of of ranged in terms of output during uptime. If mechanics were less punishing in terms of boss uptime for melee, melee would be too good.

The real issue isn't fights like Bonemaw where you can keep up perfectly fine with the ranged as a melee so much as it's some trash packs in a few CMs where the entire floor is literally fire and you can't DPS at all.

/sigh

tbh i dont care for mogging i got the only set i want for my main but im a mount collector so i done the mop cms for that couldnt giuve a shit if i got gold or not, im happy they are rewarding entry lvl raid gear just for clearing them.

why spend 3hrs trying to clear a cm to get nothing form it, seems pointless skyreach is a bitch as a cm