Should I just buy a new rig?

Good afternoon (EST), Dear MMO-Champion Community:

I'm looking for advice on whether or not I should upgrade the parts in my current PC, or buy a new rig altogether. I do not need a mouse, keyboard, monitor, or speakers. I'm mainly looking to run WoW on at least medium graphics. Currently, I play on the lowest settings, and am receiving roughly 40-50 FPS at most.

Here are the details of my current setup:
    Case AZZA Armour Mid Tower Gaming Chassis
    CPU Intel Core i3-3220 Processor
    (2x 3.30GHz/3MB L3 Cache)
    Memory 8GB DDR3-1333 Memory Module
    VGA NVIDIA GeForce GT610 1GB
    Hard Drive 500GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    Optical Drive 24x DL DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
    Power Supply 300Watt Stand Power Supply
    Media Reader 12-in-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer
    Operatin System Windows 8 Home Premium

Based on this information, do you feel it would be worth it to upgrade the necessary parts, or should I just go ahead and buy a new PC?
    Thank you for your help and assistance. Much appreciation for this thread.

I almost want to say upgrade your PSU and GPU first and if that dosent solve your problem buy the rest of the parts and put the psu & gpu into the new one.
    A 610GT is a VERY weak gpu.
    Wiki says its performance is about 150gflops/s, which is less than a xbox 360 i believe.

Example: A 650ti Boost gets about 1500gflops/s, ten times more powerful than the 610GT.

Deleted
    Country?

Budget for these upgrades?

Deleted
    $200 gets you a 750Ti and a new PSU, which should be more than enough for WoW. If you want to play more recent games, then it's likely that, given the current shenanigans with FarCry4, DA:I et al, you'll likely need a new rig.

Go buy a GTX 750ti and you should be good for medium graphics. They run like $130-140 iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Country?

Budget for these upgrades?
    USA. If I was to buy a new rig, the price range would be $700-900; however, if I can just upgrade the PSU and GPU, then around $200-300.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Deleted
    You could just pick up a PSU and 750ti as suggested which is perfect for medium, if that's all you want but I feel like it might better long term (considering your budget) to pick up a stronger GPU and then just upgrade motherboard/CPU down the road.

I can't really find any info on the case and the length of GPU it supports.

The following card is 12.13" (308mm)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Rosewill 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $254.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-23 15:43 EST-0500

Just go ahead and buy the best GPU/PSU that you can comfortably afford. And save up to buy a really nice mobo/CPU/RAM combo at a later date. If I were you, I would aim for the $350 mark on your GPU, possibly a GTX 970 or higher. And get at least a 750w PSU or better. That will take care of all of your current problems, and future proof your system should you decide to add more into it later.

On the plus side, if you buy yourself a GTX 970 right now, you can pick up a free game from Nvidia as well. Which is a $60 value. Pretty good deal in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vykun View Post
    And get at least a 750w PSU or better
    2 970s will run on a good quality 550W PSU just fine as long as it has the PCI-E connectors for it, at most a 600-650W will be more than enough, though for a Radeon setup(using 280x's as a example) a ~650-750 would be recommended for crossfire while a 550w will run a single-card just fine.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Rosewill 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $254.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-23 15:43 EST-0500
    then take $60 and get a 120gb ssd. don't even worry about putting your os on it, just the 6-7 games you play the most.

Quote Originally Posted by axhed View Post
    then take $60 and get a 120gb ssd. don't even worry about putting your os on it, just the 6-7 games you play the most.
    You did not just tell someone to get a SSD and not put their OS on it, them is fightin words.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    You did not just tell someone to get a SSD and not put their OS on it, them is fightin words.
    them's fightin words indeed.

OP, if in your budget I think I can speak for this general community when I say that an SSD is an amazing buy. Throw the OS on it, WoW, your browser, and any other programs you use regularly. I just passed my old SSD (840 Evo) into a friends PC this past weekend, and installed those 3 three things on it. He was so amazed at how much faster his PC booted up, browser ran, and WoW loaded up compared to his old HDD that he's had for around 7 years. He literally sat there constantly restarting his computer over and over while also just loading up things like WoW constantly just because he couldn't believe the difference.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    SSD is definitely a nice edition. You can get 256GB for ~$110 now, great performance and reliability:

Crucial MX100 256GB

Thank you everyone for your replies and assistance. I certainly appreciate it. Happy Holidays.

Hope I'm not necroing a thread. If a moderator wants to lock this, they may.