Page 1 of 2
LastLast

With the new 20% nerf on Gladiators, what is the spec perform the best on pve?

So, after that 20% nerf Blizzard just land on us, what is the best DPS spec to go? Is gladiator still on top even after the nerf or it will go down to fury and arms level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf just happened, probably going to need some more time testing to see.

I'm still Fury, so doesn't even effect me.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

How you like fury? Is it some what viable?

It's not a 20% nerf, it's actually only a 5-8 % nerf to overall DPS, Revenge and Shield Slam aren't Gladiator's only damage abilities.

Gladiator is still in the top 5 DPS specs

Arms and Fury (both 1H and 2H) are so far behind gladiator that this wont change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by HotJoint View Post
    How you like fury? Is it some what viable?
    It plays awful because we don't have enough crit yet.

Deleted
    As everybody loves sims, SS+revenge amount to 35% of the dps using US with 695ilvl and a bit less on 630ilvl where most of us currenly are.
    35% of total damage nerfed by 20% means they deal 80% of what they used to. 0.35*0.8 = 0.28 The total DPS decrease due to this nerf is 7% and as gladiator was more than 7% ahead of any other warrior spec, gladiator will still be the go-to spec for PvE dps.
    If anything this is a pvp burst nerf for gladiator warriors because the burst now is effectively 20% nerfed and SS+revenge amount to more % in PvP.
    This nerf was directed at PvP and PvE while hitting PvP waaay harder and actually being quite reasonable in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Total nerfs were about 5-8% for Glad (closer to 5), not huge but enough to bring it in line with the other Warrior specs.

As is, Glad is still top Single Target, but by a much smaller margin, Fury is not far behind. The Revenge nerf barely impacted its AoE (given that most of it is done via Deep Wounds and Heroic Strike anyways).

My glad guide is about 85% complete but I'm taking a break to eat, so yall just have to shut up and wait!
    The sky isnt falling, let them crunch the numbers.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Deleted
    But what about Protection for tanking?

Will anyone actually use a Protection Warrior for CMs now, a 20% dps nerf on Revenge and Shield Slam should hurt tanks the most.

I tested Arms vs Gladiator and it's still clearly Gladiator that does the most dps on pure single target, but Arms was already ahead on cleave/aoe. As for tanking CM's it just pushes people further towards DK's for their already far superior cleave/aoe dps. Single target dps wise Prot Warriors are still very competitive.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    But what about Protection for tanking?

Will anyone actually use a Protection Warrior for CMs now, a 20% dps nerf on Revenge and Shield Slam should hurt tanks the most.
    That is going to be the biggest question. I mean the glad damage increases make up for it, but we will have to see what happens to actual prot. The damage increase from other classes may help make up for it.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    It's not a 20% nerf, it's actually only a 5-8 % nerf to overall DPS, Revenge and Shield Slam aren't Gladiator's only damage abilities.

Gladiator is still in the top 5 DPS specs
    May not be or only damaging abilities but it's our two hardest hitting ones.

Tooltip for Glad might as well now say "Increases physical damage dealt by 0%".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaptValkyrie View Post
    Tooltip for Glad might as well now say "Increases physical damage dealt by 0%".
    Except we have more abilities than SS/Revenge

Going to be interesting to see how Execute sims now. Two of the biggest reasons it was hardly ever worth using were because the GCD's were better spent on Shield Slam and Revenge. With that now gone, I imagine our Execute phase looks a little more standard now.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 20% nerf to Revenge/Shield Slam isn't anywhere NEAR a 20% nerf to glad. Its closer in the range of 8% nerf, which brings Glad back into line with the other specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
    May not be or only damaging abilities but it's our two hardest hitting ones.
    More of your damage output comes from Dev, white hits and HS than Revenge.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    A 20% nerf to Revenge/Shield Slam isn't anywhere NEAR a 20% nerf to glad. Its closer in the range of 8% nerf, which brings Glad back into line with the other specs.
    No and No.

its 5% at best. And still shits all over Arms/Fury.

I want my shield slam damage back blizzard, i earned playing a nerfed class for years!!!!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really worried about the nerf, sky isn't falling and all that. However, lets talk about how I did not get a single Shield Slam crit in 28 hits thanks to all this mastery/haste/versatility gear.

Doing 10k dps on Skylord Tovra hits me right in the feels but at least I got pants out of it that have crit on them.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2014-11-26 at 04:10 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.