Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That or one of these 2GB versions for ~20-30 cheaper as there is no way you are going to need 4GB of vram for WoW.

Powercolor for $169 + $20 rebate
    Sapphire for $159 + $20 rebate
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    No I do not have any of those cards as i'm currently stuck with a meh half-broken GTX 460 that I really need to replace

And the 750ti would be a good card, but the 270X would be a even better card though since WoD has put more strain on the GPU, you could use the extra grunt that it would give you over the 750ti.
    It would run everything on ultra though right? And all I would need is the 550w psu? I mean either of them. And should they play other games well too. Like the newest CoD and Watchdogs, crysis 3, Gta 5. Games that have high gpu requirements. Tbh with the money I'm saving I'm willing to go up to 175.

This is CoD advance warfare
    Recommended:

OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 @ 4GB

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 55 GB available space

Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c Compatible 16-bit

Additional Notes: Field of View ranges from 65°-90°.

Steam account required for game activation and installa

There is a game called dying light http://dyinglightgame.com/ I want to be able to play at max settings when it comes out. That's why I'm curious about the 4 gigs.
    Last edited by mikeakanice; 2014-11-27 at 04:58 AM.

Don't go off recommended settings as most recent games have been bullshitting them to make it look better. CoD AW for example, says it cannot run on a dual core CPU and even tells you so when you try to start it(and promptly exits itself), but the company released a dual-core fix and the game runs perfectly fine on those CPUs, showing that they just forced it that way to make the game sound like it was better because it "needed a better cpu to run". I ran it just fine on my G3258 & GTX 460 when I gave it a whirl.

And yes it would run newer games better(and at higher settings) than the 750 ti, yes you would just need a ~550W PSU for that card(well you could get by with a ~400 but a 550 is the "go-to" to keep room for future upgrading to better GPUs later on), I would go with this Antec as it is on a nice discount at the moment as it semi-modular(you can unplug some of the cables you do not need, keeps your case neater inside and helps with airflow).
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't go off recommended settings as most recent games have been bullshitting them to make it look better. CoD AW for example, says it cannot run on a dual core CPU and even tells you so when you try to start it(and promptly exits itself), but the company released a dual-core fix and the game runs perfectly fine on those CPUs, showing that they just forced it that way to make the game sound like it was better because it "needed a better cpu to run". I ran it just fine on my G3258 & GTX 460 when I gave it a whirl.

And yes it would run newer games better(and at higher settings) than the 750 ti, yes you would just need a ~550W PSU for that card(well you could get by with a ~400 but a 550 is the "go-to" to keep room for future upgrading to better GPUs later on), I would go with this Antec as it is on a nice discount at the moment as it semi-modular(you can unplug some of the cables you do not need, keeps your case neater inside and helps with airflow).
    Okay thanks. Once less question I know it might be a bit redundant I just want to make sure. What if I decided to get something like an Asus R9290x 4gb, or r985x Would I need a higher power supply. Because I'm seeing on products sites it is recommending at least 600-650. Thanks. Appreciate the patience in dealing with me and my questions.
    Last edited by mikeakanice; 2014-11-27 at 06:47 PM.

Both of those would run off a good 550W(like the XFX linked earlier, though I would grab the antec I had linked in my last post as it is on a real nice discount at the moment), and those recommendations are a bit fudged as they have to take poor-quality power supplies into consideration(like a "600W" that only outputs 2/3 of that), so they bump-up the requirements to make help compensate.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both of those would run off a good 550W(like the XFX linked earlier, though I would grab the antec I had linked in my last post as it is on a real nice discount at the moment), and those recommendations are a bit fudged as they have to take poor-quality power supplies into consideration(like a "600W" that only outputs 2/3 of that), so they bump-up the requirements to make help compensate.
    Okay. Thanks soo very much for the help. If I could upvote you I would xinfinity. Have a great thanksgiving.

- - - Updated - - -

One more question about the motherboard. I was wondering if the motherboard was capable of handlingA card this large and powerful http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-080-_-Product I was reading it takes up to PCI E slots and while this motherboard has one PCI E 3.0, One PCI E 2 .0 and one PCI E 1.0, One of the people who were answering one of the questions and answers mentioned that while the PCI E's are backwards compatible it might bottleneck the graphics card. I think I was reading that right, thanks for taking the time out to answer what is probably a obvious question