Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroic Highmaul Quick Guide

I put together a word document for my guild for the upcoming Heroic Highmaul release. I used the dungeon journal, FatBoss guides, and some other beta videos to compile of the information. Some of it is information I interpreted myself. So, it is a possibility that some of the information in this MAY be incorrect, but I believe most of it will be helpful. Sorry for the fairly messy set up, but I just copied and pasted straight from word. Tried to clean it up as best I could. Enjoy and good luck next week!

Kargath

• Mauling Brew, Iron Bomb, Fire Bomb, Fire Pillar = Don’t stand in
    • Blade Dance – Spread out to avoid damage
    • Berserker Rush – Targets person, chases them, cleaves in front
    o Kite and immune it
    • Chain Hurl – Minor knockback, closest 5 players get sent up
    o 4 DPS/1 Healer or 1 Tank/1 Heal/3 DPS
    • Drunken Bileslinger – Don’t stand in front
    • Iron Grunt – Nuke, does moderate damage to target
    • Iron Bomber – Least priority
    • Taunt on Impales
    Notes: For tank switches, can send the tank with impale in the stands for easy tank swap. Do not let people reach 40% health in stands, they will get thrown out. Don’t fall in the pits with tigers. Pretty simple fight.

Butcher

• Cleaves tanks
    • Cleave – targets melee for physical AoE damage split amongst everyone in it
    • Bounding Cleave – Knock back then cleaves
    • Gushing Wounds – 5 stacks = death
    o 2 Groups to switch for Cleave
    o Watch stacks
    Notes: Tanks must stack on each other. Taunt on Tenderizer debuff, taunt as soon as it falls off. Stack on other sides of legs. Cleave mechanic will target the melee group with more people in it, so have people switch between groups to make one bigger than the other, watch stacks when moving. Bounding Cleave can have melee spread out, and ranged group up so Gushing Wounds doesn’t hit melee, who already has stacks.

Tectus

• Accretion – 5% per stack. Loses stacks based on damage. DPS race.
    • Crystalline Barrage – like blood queen lana’thel flames, but come out of boss
    • Fracture – Simple ground effect. Just get out
    • Earthen Pillar – HUGE GROUND EFFECT GET THE FUCK OUT
    • Tectonic Upheaval – MASSIVE AoE damage like XT in Ulduar. MUST kill during this cast.
    • 2 Adds comes out only during first phase with big Tectus.
    o Earthwarper – Creates a tornado that goes towards boss. Must be intercepted by tank. Given debuff Petrification. DO NOT HIT BOSS WHILE DEBUFF IS ON YOU.
    o Berserker – Fixates and cleaves. Kite away
    Notes: Encounter starts with 1 Tectus. Once you kill, he splits into 2 Tecti. He will do all the same abilities but double. Zerg one down. Then that baby Tectus will make 4 smaller Tecti. Same thing. But even more shit. Huge clusterfuck.

Brackenspore

• Creeping Moss – Encloses area. If touches boss heals 2% every 2 seconds. CANNOT let it hit boss.
    o Flamethrowers to counter this
    • Necrotic Breath – Frontal cone AoE. Reduces healing by 99%.
    o Tank/Healer CDs
    • Adds
    o Spore Shooter – Shoots closest person within 8 yards like Majordomo
    o Mind Fungus – Reduces casting speed by 75%. KILL FAST.
    o Fungal Flesh-Eater – Stacking damage/speed/casting increase. KICK DECAY.
    • Good Adds
    o Living Mushroom – Heal all the up. HUGE AoE raid heals. Increased rate of death longer its up.
    o Rejuvenating Mushroom – Heal up for 30% haste and Mana Regen.
    Notes: Need to be very good with flamethrowers. MAY be able to drop, and re-pick up the guns to reset the heat. Green and Blue mushrooms must be healed, they constantly have their health decay, so keep on healing so the buffs are around longer. Bad mushrooms spawn on players so don’t be too stacked up. Have melee kill the Mind Fungus. Have someone eat the shooters, can dot them down, but not a priority. Flesh-Eaters MUST DIE. Interrupt Decay, need multiple interrupts for it due to how often he casts it. Flesh eater > Mind Spore > Shooter. They spawn on set timers, so do not want to get multiple.

Twin Ogron

• Pol
    o Shield Bash – Special attack on tank
    o Shield Charge – Randomly charges person. Damage based on how far he travels. Leaves debuff on anyone hit. Don’t get hit.
    o Interrupting Shout – Physical raid AoE damage. Interrupts spell casting.
    o Pulverize – 3 different stages.
     Unavoidable raid damage
     Ground effect of 8 yards. Move out
     Unavoidable raid damage based on how close to center of ground effect you are.
    • Phemos
    o Whirlwind – Bladestorms. Get out. Weakened Defenses if hit
     Increases damage by Shield Bash.
    o Enfeebling Roar – Shouts giving 300% damage taken for 300 seconds. Split amongst everyone grouped up for it.
    o Quake – Raid wide AoE Nature damage
    • Blaze – Fire on the ground
    Notes: A lot of stacking and spreading. Energy bar tells you when ability is happening. Bladestorm can be kited away from group. Stack for Enfeebling roar. Stack for Interrupting shout with raid CDs. Spread for first stage of Pulverize, avoid the 2nd stage, get as far away from 3rd stage.

Ko’ragh

• Nullification Barrier – Absorbs MAGIC damage randomly. 3-13 million
    o Longer barrier up. More damage he does. 8% per 10 seconds
    • Caustic Energy – While boss charges up Nullification Barrier. ONE person stands in and gets HUGE heals. They will receive the barrier also.
    • Suppression Field – Ground effect. Silences in it.
    • Expel Magic – 4 Stages
    o Fire – Deals damage per second for 10 seconds. Once expires, big AoE damage.
    o Arcane – Only applied tank? Simply run away from everyone and don’t stop moving till done.
    o Frost – Deals frost damage to everyone. Within 30 yards slows movement.
    o Shadow – Puts heal absorbing shield on everyone
    • Overflowing Energy – Balls dropping to ground. Similar Blood Council balls, and the dragon killed to get 680 legendary ring. Stand under it, bounces off face, goes back up. MUST HAVE NULLIFICATION BARRIER TO JUGGLE THESE. DON’T LET HIT GROUND. If hit ground, ~70k damage raid wide.
    • Volatile Anomalies – Adds. Spawn in 3s while Rune of Nullification is active, while he is charging his Barrier. When they die, explode for raid wide Arcane damage. Kill them in Suppression Field, wont explode.
    Notes: Magic based damage must be used to break the barrier. Spread for the end of Expel Fire debuff, MAY be dispellable, so abuse this with MD’s. Arcane, just have tank get away from everyone, do not be near the tank. Frost hits just about everyone, move away 30 yards to avoid the slow, windwalk totem and feral aoe speed might clear it. Have one person stand in the Nullification Barrier charge in order for them to get the barrier also. There is 1 ball to start, once someone gets the barrier, there will be 2, so there might be one unavoidable hit from hitting the ground. Have to spam heals the person getting barrier, takes more and more damage. Watch the amounts of your barrier.

Imperator Mar’Gok

Phase 1 (100% - 85%)
    • Arcane Wrath – Kind of like Wrack? Debuff goes on player. Once it expires, deals damage, and jumps to nearest person. Each time jumping distance and damage dealt lowers. 6 jumps?
    • Destructive Resonance – Places a land mine on the ground. DON’T STEP ON IT. Deals massive AoE damage, extra to idiot who hit it, and increases Arcane damage taken.
    • Arcane Aberration – Adds. Deals raid wide AoE damage. KILL ASAP.
    • Mark of Chaos – Tank debuff. Last 8 seconds. Explodes for damage 35 yards around him.
    • Force Nova – Works like Protectors from ToES Lightning Storm? Aoe damage dealing HUGE amounts if standing in it.
    • Accelerated Assault – 8% speed increase with hits made against same target. Tanks swaps.
    Phase 2 (85% - 55%)
    • Adds Displacement effect to all Phase 1 abilities
    • Arcane Wrath – Cant move out of 10 yard radius. Will be ported back if you do.
    • Destructive Resonance – Grows. Still just don’t hit it
    • Arcane Aberration – When it dies, it knocks people away
    • Mark of Chaos – Tank will be teleported to random place. Just move away from them.
    • Force Nova – Pushes players away is it grows.
    Intermission 1
    • 1 minute phase. Summons Gorian Warmage and Volatile Anomaly
    • Gorian Warmage
    o 2 spawn
    o Dominance Aura – Buffs allies damage and haste.
     Don’t stack on boss, or other adds.
    o Nether Blast – Blasts player for Arcane damage, also hitting people within 5 yards
    o Slow – Slows players movement and casting/melee speed by 50%. DISPELL THIS HEALERS.
    o Fixate – Fixates and Nether Blasts. Move away from raid. Lasts 15 seconds
    • Volatile Anomalies
    o Spawn every 12 seconds
    o EXACT SAME KO’RAGH
     Explodes on death
    Phase 3 (55% - 25%)
    • Fortification effect
    • Arcane Wrath – Double amount of jumps
    • Destructive Resonance – New mines last 2 minutes, not 1
    • Arcane Aberration – 75% more health. Cant bb CC’ed
    • Mark of Chaos – Roots player in place
    • Force of Nova – 3 Novas. 1 every 8 seconds
    Intermission 2
    • Same is first intermission. With new add Gorian Reaver
    • Gorian Reaver
    o Devastating Shockwave – HUGE AoE damage to all players in front for 20 yards.
    o Crush Armor – 15% damage taken increase to player. Stacks.
    o Kick to the Face – Kicks player in the face. Clears threat and knock back. BIG HIT
    Phase 4 (25% - 0%)
    • Arcane Wrath – Additional Arcane Wrath. Now 2 players will be Branded.
    • Destructive Resonance – When 1 expires, 2 more spawn.
    • Arcane Aberration – when 1 dies, splits in 7 Arcane Remnants
    • Mark of Chaos – Upon explosion, shoots out 8 orbs dealing damage to anyone hit by it.
    • Force Nova – Anyone who takes damage also deals damage to anyone within 4 yards of them
    Notes:

Posting in this thread to make sure I can find it again. Looks helpful. Do normal and heroic have identical mechanics as they did in SoO?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Posting in this thread to make sure I can find it again. Looks helpful. Do normal and heroic have identical mechanics as they did in SoO?
    As far as I know, there might be some minor changes here and there. But I dont think anything too major. Thats just what I think and from what I read up on, honestly did not look at anything from Normal Mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Thanks sharing with my raid leaders tonight
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I appreciate your effort but to understand this guide, you need to know the boss fight. I very rarely say this (for guides) but this guide is useless.

Deleted
    Doing the same as Xaru. Gonna need this later, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    good quick and dirty guide. i like it

I find this very helpful as reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I appreciate your effort but to understand this guide, you need to know the boss fight. I very rarely say this (for guides) but this guide is useless.
    Sorry you feel that way

Quote Originally Posted by Briq View Post
    Tag for later
    DOIN DIS poikejkpopore

edit: tyvm op
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am also going to tag thiz for later. Good bare bones guide.

Thanks OP, I'll likely watch the videos to refresh what I'm working with in terms of room, what the mechanics look like ect but this will definitely be a great reference for when I need to remember what they do in a cinch!

Deleted
    #hashtag for later

Deleted
    I've copy/pasted this onto our guild website with full credit to yourself, hope this isn't an issue - thank you for the guide! It's very useful to have a 'refresher' guide to read through pre-raid if you've already read more extensive guides and watched videos.

Plus some of our raiders probably won't even watch FatBoss so this'll be at least somewhat useful to them

Deleted
    saving this for later.

Thanks OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I've copy/pasted this onto our guild website with full credit to yourself, hope this isn't an issue - thank you for the guide! It's very useful to have a 'refresher' guide to read through pre-raid if you've already read more extensive guides and watched videos.

Plus some of our raiders probably won't even watch FatBoss so this'll be at least somewhat useful to them
    did the same also tagging for future reference.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saving for future reference

Looks very good. If you want to go the extra mile though you could link all the abilities to their wowhead counterpart