Draenic pet battler achievement, how to?

I want to upgrade my pet menagerie to level 3 but of course the plans are gated behind an achievement: win 500 pet battles in Draenor. Ugh! I wish they would get this behind something more sensible like, defeat all the trainers in the level 2 menagerie or defeat all the Draenor trainers. That would be fun and make sense. But no... grind pet battles for no reason. Considering we can level pets 1-25 in fewer than 10 battles, why even do this many battles? I like the daily trainers in level 2, but I'm sure I'll run out of those before I get 500 battles under my belt.

So the next question is: where is a good place to grind this? Better yet, is it possible to move the counter by pet battle dueling someone in Draenor?

When the level 1-2 Menagerie daily is a single pet, like Beakinator, you can farm wins off that with a carry pet and howl bomb strat. It counts toward the 500 Draenor wins. Lio the Lioness even heals them up for free.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-11-26 at 10:29 PM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Along with that if you want to battle pets out in the wild for a chance at stones frostfire ridge is littered with beasts and critters, though you'll probably have to swap your pets around during the fights since other types (aquatic,flying) show up as secondaries pretty frequently. Haven't been looking very hard for other easy spots though the area by the trainer in gorgrond might be good. Lot of flying types scattered around.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    When the level 1-2 Menagerie daily is a single pet, like Beakinator, you can farm wins off that with a carry pet and howl bomb strat. It counts toward the 500 Draenor wins. Lio the Lioness even heals them up for free.
    Did they change this? I did the daily in the Menagerie for a week straight but still only have 1 kill from something outside.

Just got my level 3 menagerie. Using todays challenge team,

Jahan
    Samm
    Archimedes.

Farmed 260 kills on this team (my sanity has depleted) which got me to the 500.
    levelled up 60 pets to 25 whilst doing so (pets were all around the 19-22 mark starting out)

This is a great and fast team to farm kills on.
    Nexus Whelpling if a P/P can mostly 3 round the whole team if you don't want to bother levelling pets.

I used a P/S nexus whelp, and a Chrominius plus lowbie pet.

Started with Nexus whelp
    Used -mana surge
    then - Arcane Storm
    Archimedes should be coming into play
    bring lowbie in to soak Archimedes first attack (it's a debuff so no damage coming in)
    Bring in Chrominius and use Surge of Power to finish it off.

Rinse repeat boom 500 wins.

I timed it and it takes just little over 1 min per battle, I got 28 wins per 30 mins, and i was chatting in guild chat etc.

Goodluck

Deleted
    Note that you can do this with a low level char in a friend's garrison, to take a little bit exp with you. It's not that much, but if you want to do it anyway, it's a nice bonus.