Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I wouldn't send to the 645 mission that rewards you an epic item at 30% because I am not sure when you get the chance again to do that.

But if the rewards is only gold I would send followers no matter the percentage. There is really no drawback to failing missions, you even get the base xp anyway.

However spamming missions also costs ressources. It is important to use scavenger followers for ressource missions. Still you might run dry at some points when you upgrade all buildings like me, but treasure and rare hunt takes care of that and is actually content to DO and more fun than running heroic for the 20th time. Finding all treasures and rares.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    You are doing it wrong then, a handful of high lvl followers is much more important than spreading it out.

Spreading it out keeps you locked out from epic reward missions, I already got 2x 645 epics (2h and boots) and 1xhighmaul raid drop 655 epic (unfortunately also boots from the Butcher) thanks to having a handful of 645+ followers.

Having 20 645 followers is also pointless later because it seems like the amount of ilvl-required missions you get is somehow capped anyway so you just get generic lvl100 missions no matter what.
    Those missons are quite rare to my understanding, thus having only a handful of 645+ followers without the correct counters would give a low chance of success and with those highlvl missions you actually do want the bonus since you don't really care about the xp from those.
    30% chance... i wouldn't waste the mission having a big chance of failure while odds are you don't get another good mission like that for a week.

Hence i keep them spread, also to have many missions available. Keeping a scavenger or two in the 'levelling' brackets for the GR reward missions.

there's a lot inhere complaining about having only 2-3 lvl 100 missions and nothing else because they're all gated in the same bracket.
    I'm also gated in terms of GR due to building upgrades thus having a proper amount of missions to select is quite useful.
    Only ones i don't have access to it seems is the 645 missions as i'm getting the 630 regularly oddly enough...
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    For GR problem:
    The dealbreaker for me was discovering how important scavengers are. If you keep a lvl90-94 and a lvl95-99 follower and keep doing every misson you get, then 5-6 GR reward mission pops up every day. With scavenger trait that's ~ 500-700 extra GR/day. That's a LOT, you can easily afford to run every mission, spend on bunker and collect for later lvl3 upgrades. Thanks to the Inn now i have 3 scavenger with different skills and they rarely fail the mission
    speaking of this

on a new char - to increase GR gain from the very beginning - do you think it's better to get the first medium building as LM/Trading Post or get the Inn and immediately start recruiting scavenger followers ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    Those missons are quite rare to my understanding, thus having only a handful of 645+ followers without the correct counters would give a low chance of success and with those highlvl missions you actually do want the bonus since you don't really care about the xp from those.
    30% chance... i wouldn't waste the mission having a big chance of failure while odds are you don't get another good mission like that for a week.
    You are aware that missions do disappear after a while right? And I don't get how you can prefer 100% chance on 630 gear over 30% chance on 655 gear. It just doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    speaking of this

on a new char - to increase GR gain from the very beginning - do you think it's better to get the first medium building as LM/Trading Post or get the Inn and immediately start recruiting scavenger followers ?
    Scavenger >>>>>>>>>>>> stables >>> trading post > lumber mill to start out on a new char.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    You are aware that missions do disappear after a while right? And I don't get how you can prefer 100% chance on 630 gear over 30% chance on 655 gear. It just doesn't.

Scavenger >>>>>>>>>>>> stables >>> trading post > lumber mill to start out on a new char.
    I'm aware that they disappear after a while. Doesn't mean i'll just carelessly dump whatever is available on it if i believe i'll have one of the traits there's missing in a day or two.
    I still don't see the appeal of stables when it offers less GR over a 2 week period (and forward) than LM.
    TP is definately important on an alt when you can funnel resources from your main, fully agree there - and scavenger is without saying the most critical element.
    Mmm... Bear!

Deleted
    You just have to boost the correct good followers, unlocking the high lvl missions is abolutely the top priority. I will have about 5 epics from missions before you even get your first epic mission..

I had 80% on all my epic missions.. Highmaul Raid had 6 different icons, I covered 4 of them and combat experience trait from one follower.

And my followers will be equipped just as fast.

There is no point in having 20 ilvl615 followers when you only get 1-2 615 missions anyway and the rest of your followers go on standard ilvl100 missions.

I have 7 followers over 645 and a bunch at 615 anyway since some boosts can't be used on high followers anymore.

That way I can cover 645 missions, 630 missions, 615 missions etc...
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2014-11-27 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    I'm aware that they disappear after a while. Doesn't mean i'll just carelessly dump whatever is available on it if i believe i'll have one of the traits there's missing in a day or two.
    Item level matters more than traits really. Those missions take 6 counters for 3 followers so chance of you all of a sudden turning 90%+ chance is small anyway. On top of that you'd need good salvage. Not to mention you don't even HAVE any 645+ from what you said, so you don't even know what you would have to counter because those missions don't even pop up. I can get that you only want to boost 2-3 to ilvl 645, and then keep a bunch of upgrades in bag to respond to whatever counters pop up first, but that's not even the case with you. You quite literally prefer not even having a mission pop up over 30% chance on an 645-655 item. That really doesn't add up.
    I still don't see the appeal of stables when it offers less GR over a 2 week period (and forward) than LM.
    Make that 19 days, which is closer to 3 weeks, before it starts being more benficial. The stables are also frontloaded (+300 from just putting it there really) which is better. After 3 weeks I doubt you need much resources anymore, it's the start that may be sketchy.
    TP is definately important on an alt when you can funnel resources from your main, fully agree there - and scavenger is without saying the most critical element.
    Agreed. Haven't bothered with alts yet but my guess is you don't even need to funnel resources if you got lvl 1 mine and herb garden. ^^

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Item level matters more than traits really. Those missions take 6 counters for 3 followers so chance of you all of a sudden turning 90%+ chance is small anyway. On top of that you'd need good salvage. Not to mention you don't even HAVE any 645+ from what you said, so you don't even know what you would have to counter because those missions don't even pop up. I can get that you only want to boost 2-3 to ilvl 645, and then keep a bunch of upgrades in bag to respond to whatever counters pop up first, but that's not even the case with you. You quite literally prefer not even having a mission pop up over 30% chance on an 645-655 item. That really doesn't add up.

Make that 19 days, which is closer to 3 weeks, before it starts being more benficial. The stables are also frontloaded (+300 from just putting it there really) which is better. After 3 weeks I doubt you need much resources anymore, it's the start that may be sketchy.

Agreed. Haven't bothered with alts yet but my guess is you don't even need to funnel resources if you got lvl 1 mine and herb garden. ^^
    I've focused on actually getting followers with OTHER traits than counters to danger zone and powerful spell because it seems i have pretty much only those available on my followers... Having to use the Inn's weekly just to get a single follower that can counter timed battle seems stupid when i have about 30 followers total but yea, RNG is RNG. Gearing up the epic ones which all have the same counters between them just doesn't seem like a smart move really.
    I have the stuff to bumb one follower to 645 which i will try out tonight and see where it takes me.

My alt have been using GR on buying dust from TP and toss it on AH due to the stupid prices on those things. Since they're fixing that i guess i'll start hoarding GR again on the alt.
    Mmm... Bear!

Deleted
    Also, about missions disappearing, i can confirm that highmaul raid mission can stick around for a very long time! Ive got 1 as soon as i got 2 to 645, and that was 2 weeks ago... its still sitting there, since i can only counter 4 out of 6 threats... only 1 follower has combo of 2, and two were blue followers, i waited to get them to epic for a chance of them getting another counter (i did get them to epic, but they both got silly counter that i already have on 6-7 of them)... game seems to troll me hard! i had 3-4 timed battle counters at the start, then i got epic glook, he gets cleave and timed... i get meatball, he gets cleave and time... i recruit scavenger guy from tavern, he gets timed... and two rare upgraded to epic both get timed battle... so last 5 new abilities ive got, all timed battle and timed battle is already on the guy that has a combo of 2 counters for my highmaul raid mission... seems like deadly minions is more needed... plenty of missions that have 2 of those to counter, yet so hard to get it... and damn massive strike... got only 2 green ones with that, others all avoiding it like a plague