Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rare Spawn Mounts, Glyphs and Enveloping Mist Hotfix, Blue Tweets, Blizzard Game Sale

Retroactive Changes to Sets, Rift Issues and PTR Feedback, Gem of Ease Explained

GvG Card Reveal: Felheart (Unconfirmed)

Heroes Developer Reddit AMA on December 4th, Town Hall Heroes #41

Warlords of Draenor - Rare Spawn Mounts
    Today we are taking a look at the mounts dropped by rare spawns in Warlords of Draenor.

Level Type Name Model Viewer
    40Mount Bloodhoof Bull
    Modelviewer
    40Mount Mottled Meadowstomper
    Modelviewer
    40Mount Great Greytusk
    Modelviewer
    40Mount Sapphire Riverbeast
    Modelviewer
    40Mount Swift Breezestrider
    Modelviewer
    40Mount Sunhide Gronnling
    Modelviewer
    40Mount Garn Nighthowl
    Modelviewer

Glyphs Hotfix
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Due to an error, there were a few glyphs that were unable to be crafted via Inscription, which made them unobtainable. These glyphs are:

To make sure players have access to them, we've added them to the Inscription vendors in Stormshield and Warspear. Alliance players can purchase them from Joao Calhandro, and Horde players can purchase them from Maru'sa.

Update: We're also working on adding Glyph of Cleanse (Paladin) and Glyph of Frostbrand Weapon (Shaman). Glyph of Cleanse will be added to the Inscription vendors like the other glyphs. Glyph of Frostbrand Weapon's item is missing from the game files, so we can't add it to the vendors via hotfix. Instead, it will be automatically taught to all Shaman level 75 or higher.

Except they aren't there? When will this be live?
    It's live already. They'll only be visible to the classes that are able to use them.

How will I make a ton of bank off people who haven't seen this then?
    I should also probably mention that they're Unique and Bind on Pickup, for exactly that reason

Regarding Glyph of Blackout Kick: It will return, but as the glyph is completely missing from game data, it can't be added via hotfix. It'll have to wait for a content patch. Sorry

Ink traders should be working now!

Enveloping Mist Hotfix
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We've just pushed live a hotfix that increases the healing done by Enveloping Mist by 50%. This most likely won't be added to the hotfix blog until after the weekend, but we wanted to be sure you were aware of it before then, as it's already active.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Items
    Trinkets with primary stats in the proc/use part are always better than any other trinket type for DPS.
    Theorycraft and supporting evidence would help. A recent hotfix should have solved this. (Celestalon)
    Ah I see the change now. 220 -> 147 static stat, no change to the procs? Been afk since that I guess.
    Yes, the hotfix fixed the stats (by changing passive amounts) on many Draenor trinkets. (Celestalon)

will the wargames gear ever be made available for transmog? or is the conquest gear (that isn't currently available) the same look?
    It will intentionally not be available for transmog. (holinka)

Garrisons
    can the retraining certificate cause a follower to LOSE bodyguard? I would love to retrain on of my bodyguards, but I'm afraid to.
    Bodyguard trait isn't re-rollable (Muffinus)

PvP
    How come you can't join a friends server in Ashran? This would help with the imbalanced servers, if you could just fix it yourself
    it could also (and most likely would) make it worse. We might enable it when we're happier with faction balance. (holinka)

Blizzard Game Sales
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Give the Gift of Warcraft - WoW 75% Off on Black Friday!
    It’s the perfect time to give the gift of World of Warcraft during our Black Friday sale. Players are now able to purchase the original World of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria together for only $4.99 (Reg. $19.99) digitally in the Battle.net Shop.

Don’t let your holiday shopping get the best of you. This sale ends Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PT. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Save up to 65% on Blizzard games in our Winter sale
    The epic Blizzard Winter sale is now on! For this week only, you can get big savings on your favorite Blizzard titles including up to 65% off World of Warcraft and 50% off Diablo III, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm.

Venture over to the Battle.net Shop and take a peek at these amazing offers, just in time for the holiday season.

Hurry though—our Winter sale offers end on December 2! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Battle.Net Client Update - Overwatch Support
    A new update for the Battle.Net client added Overwatch support!

Last edited by chaud; 2014-11-27 at 10:27 AM.

Mythfist is a pound.

No idea why Enveloping Mist is getting buffed, but I'll take it.

Really tired of their transmogrification restrictions to either meet their creative vision or to satisfy the special snowflakes. It's ridiculous when many other games on the market with an order of magnitude fewer active players make significant and stable profit off of cosmetics and give you *mountains* of more choice in it than does the game that requires $15 per fucking month.

Quote Originally Posted by jakj View Post
    Really tired of their transmogrification restrictions to either meet their creative vision or to satisfy the special snowflakes. It's ridiculous when many other games on the market with an order of magnitude fewer active players make significant and stable profit off of cosmetics and give you *mountains* of more choice in it than does the game that requires $15 per fucking month.
    There is a reason they have fewer players...

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    There is a reason they have fewer players...
    Yes, those other games are younger, or less accessible, or not marketed well, or have off-putting business models, or any number of factors not related to wealth of cosmetic-customization options. Did you have a point somewhere?

Mountains of choice, and no direction. Extraneous transmog choice leads to a diluted, hodge-podge menagerie of player silhouettes and is not conducive to Blizzard's repeated stance that, at some point, the developer needs to give direction -in this case art direction.

In actual fact, it's you with the special snowflake syndrome -wanting this, wanting that. Respect the fact that Blizzard's direction -art, style, lore and gameplay -still commands the biggest subscriber base in MMO and does so for more than ten years. Transmog fits into that cohesive design and does so by offering choice but at the same time respecting exclusions like Legendaries that deserve to remain just that, exclusive and Legendary feats from the past.

Yes, those other games are younger, or less accessible, or not marketed well, or have off-putting business models, or any number of factors not related to wealth of cosmetic-customization options. Did you have a point somewhere?
    You completely missed it, is all. But since I'm feeling generous, I'll let you know.

Those other companies have to make money off those cosmetics in order to stay afloat so they can and will sacrifice their souls to give players exactly what they want, which ironically only serves to make those same games worse off than they would if they maintained hold over their creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wivyx View Post
    No idea why Enveloping Mist is getting buffed, but I'll take it.
    Well, I am happy about the change, but, Uplift needs a buff big time. As it takes time and has Limited time for us to use it, it heals for so little, it is easier and quicker to heal each of your party members individually than with uplift, spending them chi! Bring back the old TFT!

And here was I wishing that they would add WC3 titles to the winter sales. I guess this will never happen.

Gonna be a lot of botting accounts bought during this sale, with the occasional troll forum account, happens every Black Friday lol

Got all those mounts. Poundfist is my fave <3

Deleted
    Is there some kind of addon that helps you with location of these rares?

Just to be sure, in WoD you can normally get loot from a rare once. But for those rare mounts does it means it's a guaranteed loot? or you can farm these? is it a one time chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, had no idea the meadowstomper I got was a rare mount. I stumbled across him quite accidentally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Someone should tell mother nature that Winter doesn't start until December 21st.

I fixed that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    Just to be sure, in WoD you can normally get loot from a rare once. But for those rare mounts does it means it's a guaranteed loot? or you can farm these? is it a one time chance?
    Level 100 rares are actual rares, not like the leveling vignettes. You can defeat them over and over again until you get their special drops.

Not sure I understand what you're asking.

The mounts are guaranteed drops from them so you have no need to farm them with them being bop. With the exception of Garn the wolf mount which can be sold or traded.

P.S. I seriously hate poundfist. Spent hours and hours camping him on my Alliance on ARTHAS of all places only to show up right as he died at another spawn point.

So frustrating, and even more frustrating not having a better idea as to when he spawns. At least you have a little bit more of an idea with some of the other rares.

All those rares drop their mounts 100% for everyone that participated in the kill in a group or not except for the black wolf, it's 1 drop that gets rolled for meaning he's the only one that you''l have to bother farming if your not lucky to get the mount on your first kill.
    Last edited by TmrAsakura; 2014-11-27 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Heh, had no idea the meadowstomper I got was a rare mount. I stumbled across him quite accidentally.

- - - Updated - - -

I fixed that for you.
    If it isn't broke don't fix it.

Someone should tell Blizzard that Winter doesn't start until December 21st.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    If it isn't broke don't fix it.

Someone should tell Blizzard that Winter doesn't start until December 21st.
    The seven feet of snow the Buffalo area would disagree with you =)

Yes, lets showcase the new mounts now that most people already have ALL 7 of them xD