Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I used to raid with my old FX-4100 with max settings minus max shadows, but in 25 man raids I was doing just fine. Not 60 fps but 30.
    40-50fps for me, while running OBS on i5-2500K. That's only... about 50% better performance.

Though going from a 4100 to 8350 for WoW raiding has done nothing for me.
    Because FX-4100 and FX-8350 has exactly same shitty IPC if running at the same clock speed.
    Since 8350 has about 10% higher clock it should be running raids about 10% higher minimum FPS at stock speeds.
    Last edited by fixx; 2014-12-17 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Then our job here is done. You get it, but you've decided that doesn't matter.
    Not that simple. For WoW yes, but we're talking about new released games. If you played WoW or other Blizzard games and had no intention to play any other game, then Intel. What's that, Blizzard games? Get a G3258 or an i3. Done, go home.

But if you played other games, then we'll have to talk. But generally if you play a lot of games then it's not as simple as go Intel. If your budget can support it, anything beyond $180 for CPU is clearly Intel. Anything bellow that is clearly not. See me recommend a 4100 or 4300 to anyone? No, cause they generally suck, especially for that price. For $100 it's clear that AMD is exploiting people who already have AM3+ motherboards and just want an upgrade. On the other hand there's the AMD 760K which is actually not bad for the price of less than $80. That puts it up against the G3258. Nearest set of benchmarks I could find to compare them.

When it comes to i3's then the price range gets strange. At $100 you get the 4150K, but at $110 you get the FX-6300. At $160 you get the 4370k, but for $10 less you get the 8320. Do the extra cores matter in the long run? Just asking Dying Light. There's no mention of an i3 as the minimum requirement, but the 8320 is listed. At one point they just listed quad core as minimum. Intel dual core is better for the here and now but will it for the near future?

Deleted
    When it comes to i3's then the price range gets strange. At $100 you get the 4150K, but at $110 you get the FX-6300. At $160 you get the 4370k, but for $10 less you get the 8320.
    Are these unlocked i3's?

you guys had fun with this thread....

I found a cheap intel option...lol(although the mother boards still are expensive...)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33Ghz Dual-Core OEM/Tray Processor ($15.40 @ Amazon)
    Total: $15.40
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-17 20:03 EST-0500

woot..lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that simple. For WoW yes, but we're talking about new released games. If you played WoW or other Blizzard games and had no intention to play any other game, then Intel. What's that, Blizzard games? Get a G3258 or an i3. Done, go home.

But if you played other games, then we'll have to talk. But generally if you play a lot of games then it's not as simple as go Intel. If your budget can support it, anything beyond $180 for CPU is clearly Intel. Anything bellow that is clearly not. See me recommend a 4100 or 4300 to anyone? No, cause they generally suck, especially for that price. For $100 it's clear that AMD is exploiting people who already have AM3+ motherboards and just want an upgrade. On the other hand there's the AMD 760K which is actually not bad for the price of less than $80. That puts it up against the G3258. Nearest set of benchmarks I could find to compare them.

When it comes to i3's then the price range gets strange. At $100 you get the 4150K, but at $110 you get the FX-6300. At $160 you get the 4370k, but for $10 less you get the 8320. Do the extra cores matter in the long run? Just asking Dying Light. There's no mention of an i3 as the minimum requirement, but the 8320 is listed. At one point they just listed quad core as minimum. Intel dual core is better for the here and now but will it for the near future?
    an odd question, but if you can't afford a new i5, how can you afford these new games that have a fake requirement of a quad core, i mean, 3 games, at $60 a pop? thats an i5 right there, DLC? thats a budget board

I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread since the OP got his answer and then some, but I'd like to leave a closely message...

While having a different opinion than other forum members is fine, if you're constantly offering advice even after being shown that the advice is subpar, you may be considered trolling, which is infractable. We all have our own unique opinions on hardware, but there are indisputable facts that can be backed up by benchmarks, and if you're constantly battling those facts, even after the benchmarks are provided, you're borderline trolling.