Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is there stat weights somewhere?

Hey guys couple of questions as I haven't dusted off Ele since early MoP

1) I currently run Unleashed Fury on ST, but am I right in assuming it's significantly weaker on 2-target cleave because chain lightning won't benefit from the buff, because I was thinking of going to PE or EB for 2-target cleave instead?

2) Do elemental totems benefit from haste buffs? Like BL and EM? Because when I first dinged 100 I was just sending out Storm then Fire Ele one after the other, but on a shortish fight sub-6minutes where I knew I wouldn't be able to send out more than 1 of each (Gruul) I instead went and used Storm and Searing on pull with all my cooldowns and BL and then waited until EM was back up before I used my Fire Elemental. I can't really tell if it made a huge difference because I've only been playing Ele for about a week in WoD so far.

3)Also if they do benefit which totem is better to use during Bloodlust then, Storm (and searing) or Fire, does PE talent change this order?

I understand that's quite a loaded question with a bunch of caveats but yeah I'd appreciate some direction
    Last edited by BadTastingPudding; 2015-05-02 at 02:41 AM.

Deleted
    Yes they do benefit from haste. The elemental totem order is

Primal Fire Elemental > Both Storm Elementals > Greater Fire Elemental

Ie if you take primal ele open with fire elemental no matter what, otherwise storm then fire

Oh awesome exactly what I was looking for, thanks

I can't provide links to Sims atm, because Im at work - but it should be better to open with SET and Searing 99% of the time as you stack both totems with cooldowns instead of just the FET(assuming racial, bloodlust, trinkets, EM if specced etc - because Searing benefits from Haste as well.). And this is regardless of speccing PE or not. If I remember to come back and link some Sims for proof I'll post em after work, otherwise I guess youll have to take my word for it. I believe the swing factor is that Searing Totem scales with haste. Could be wrong though, and am certainly willing to be proved wrong.

Brighteyes, Summonstone.com has recently launched its guides for a large amount of specs in WoW and includes a wonderful Elemental one written by prominent Ele theorycrafter Binkenstein. Its forums are relatively new and thus not quite as active as MMO-C ones are, but can be quite the source of information so be sure to check them out in your future sweeps for information.
    Last edited by Canibehealz; 2015-05-02 at 10:46 PM. Reason: removed prior edit, pew pew
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Ah right, because I was wondering how much of an impact searing would have, I just assumed PE might outweigh a haste-buffed searing totem. Also I'll check it out, I always forget to check there whenever I level an alt because they used to only have like a handful of classes up.

Anyone got a macro that pops everything at once? Like on pulls sorta thing.

Something like this?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /use Heroism
    /use [talent:4/1]Elemental Mastery;[talent:4/2]Ancestral Swiftness
    /use [talent:5/2]Ancestral Guidance
    /use Ascendance
    /use Feral Spirit
    /use 13
    /use 14

Hmm... Elemental doesn't have much to pop does it? No fire elemental?

Is it worth Fulminating close to 20 stacks or just use it right away when I get to 15? (excluding if I need to reapply flame shock because it is <5 seconds and/or that I have a lava surge proc already active).

Deleted
    "Use-everything" macros are bad, don't use them.

Is there a catch to this spec? Decent damage, great AoE, wanted in raid guilds and my favourite, easy to play (don't judge lol)

Sounds too good to be true... Is it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Is there a catch to this spec? Decent damage, great AoE, wanted in raid guilds and my favourite, easy to play (don't judge lol)

Sounds too good to be true... Is it?
    First, were are good at sustain AOE, and most of the AOE in BRF is burst AOE.

Second, Ele sham are wanted in top raid guilds mostly in case ele is OP on a specific fight and will most likely be on the bench most of the time. In non-top guilds, the class doesn't matter, you can play whatever you want.

Third, Ele is not easy to play. There are many things to manage and to the best dps while manage the boss abilities can be really hard sometimes.

And also the biggest problem imo, Ele has nearly 0 utility in raid. Totems are shitty, in brf you use Grounding totem only on BH MM to soak the litlle fire aoe, and you never use tremor or Windwalk totem. Our assist heal is also really bad, AG is only good is you can use it while aoeing.

So, as you can see, Ele really isn't that good. We do have a good dps but our utility is crap. Classes like Mages, Warlocks or Hunters just bring a better DPS and better utility.

Deleted
    Instead of further pushing this outdated piece of crap, please consider registering on http://forums.summonstone.com/ for quality Q&A about Elemental Shaman.

Since apparently the summon stone forums are dead now, does anyone have a BiS list or at least a general trinket ranking?

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Yes they do benefit from haste. The elemental totem order is

Primal Fire Elemental > Both Storm Elementals > Greater Fire Elemental

Ie if you take primal ele open with fire elemental no matter what, otherwise storm then fire

Why would you open with Storm over Fire? Any particular reason?

Her-Sargeras US

Quote Originally Posted by Her View Post
    Why would you open with Storm over Fire? Any particular reason?

Her-Sargeras US
    Because you are guaranteed trinket procs and potion and will be lusting on pull for a majority of fights. If you are not lusting on pull and you won't get a second storm ele, save it for lust. That is the case even with primal ele (primal fire does more damage than storm ele, but you can also drop a searing totem with storm).

Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    Since apparently the summon stone forums are dead now, does anyone have a BiS list or at least a general trinket ranking?
    The BiS list i came up with is as follows:

You can swap out 2nd trinket for the class trinket, but other than fights like council, I dont find it very strong.

Tier:

Shoulders:[Pauldrons of the Living Mountain] (Crit/Haste) (Xhul'horac)
    Chest:[Robe of the Living Mountain] (Mastery/Multistrike) (Mannoroth)
    Gloves:[Gauntlets of the Living Mountain] (Haste/Multistrike) (Socrethar)
    Legs:[Leggings of the Living Mountain] (Crit/Multistrike) (Gorefiend)

Off Piece: Helm: [Sinister Felborne Helmet] (Crit/Multistrike) (Xhul'horac)

Neck: [Choker of Forbidden Indulgence] (Haste/Multistrike) (Gorefiend)
    Cloak: [Cloak of Hideous Unity] (Haste/Multistrike) (Fel Lord Zakuun)
    Bracers: [Bracers of Fel Empowerment] (Crit/Multistrike) (Mannoroth)
    Belt: [Torch-Brazed Waistguard] (Crit/Multistrike) (Iron Raver)
    Boots: [Spiked Throatcrusher Boots] (Crit/Multistrike) (Tyrant Velhari)
    Ring: [Nithramus, the All-Seer] (Versa/Mastery) (Legendary)
    Ring: [Loathful Encrusted Band] (Mastery/Multistrike) (Tyrant Velhari)
    Trinket: [Prophecy of Fear] (Int) (Mannoroth)
    Trinket: [Unblinking Gaze of Sethe] (Int) (Shadow-Lord Iskar)

MH Weapon: [Gavel of the Eredar] (Haste/Multistrike) (Archimnonde)
    OF Weapon: [Gibbering Madness] (Crit/Multistrike) (Gorefiend)

Thanks. How are people handling swapping to new tier? Running 2pc heroic 2pc mythic or only swapping once you have 4pc?

Well T17 4Pc is a little lackluster imo, so I'll use 2/2 until i get all 4 pieces then ill switch to 4pc T18.