Cpu Upgrade help Please help if can

Hi i have a Hp p6203w with a narra-5 mother board running a AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor and im upgrading to a Amd Fx-6300 Vishera 6-core and i was wonder if my mother board is compatible with the new processor? any help would be appraicated since cyber monday is almost over and its cheap right now lol
    Last edited by Sirk1221; 2014-12-02 at 12:37 AM.

Hey man,

Short version, there are no good upgrades for that motherboard. The FX-6300 uses a different physical connector than the motherboard has (AM3+ vs your AM2+). Sidenote: The HP website says your processor is AM3, but then says "NOTE:Only socket AM2+ processors are supported with this motherboard." It really is an AM2+ board...

I looked into the machine you have (thank you for listing the model number!), and there are really not going to be any cost effective upgrades you could do to it.

If you have the money, and are looking into a new computer for gaming, here is a link to a good (Cheap!) build (you could even reuse your existing hard drive and cd drive):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($43.66 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Patriot Viper Xtreme 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($50.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($26.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $376.59
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-01 19:52 EST-0500

Thanks man u just basically made my computer for me minus the case really lol just ordered all of that stuff still lookin around for a nice case really appreciate ur help man

Quote Originally Posted by Sirk1221 View Post
    Thanks man u just basically made my computer for me minus the case really lol just ordered all of that stuff still lookin around for a nice case really appreciate ur help man
    Congrats!

Sure thing, always happy to help. Check out the PC Masterrace Subreddit. Good community, with lots of resources (and where I got that build from, someone had just updated it yesterday, and I checked it out, good build!). Enjoy it man