Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

12 Hours... That is how long it takes...?

We have to wait twelve hours ladies and gentlemen. Its amazing that they cannot just give an actual time that they will be done with it, they would just rather have us constantly sitting at our computers waiting for it to might happen, then telling us another two hours of maintenance... Then another two hours... So people that are wanting to play have had to wait an extra 4 hours of when planning to log on WoW now wasted, and they could have been doing something else with their lives while waiting for a TWELVE HOUR MAINTENANCE... :/

You must be new to WoW. Welcome to the community.

This sort of thing happens from time to time.

Or you could just go do something else without having to log in the second servers are back up....

Applying patches of this size is never a simple thing my friend. Be patient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you rather it work or be bugged? Is it inconvenient? Sure but honestly I'd rather them get shit working rather than getting in there and running into all manner of problems.

Guess I should be glad I work full time now and don't worry about this shit anymore lol. It will be up when it's up.

People have short term memory. Once this is up and running, we'll probably not see any more down time like this for months and people will forget all about it. It'll only resurface if they do extended maintenance like this in 6 months. Yet people will he like, "OMG it happens all the time". lol

Quote Originally Posted by drockrock View Post
    You must be new to WoW. Welcome to the community.

This sort of thing happens from time to time.
    And by time to time it's meant that it happens regularly enough that you just never know if they will come up early or if it will be delayed 4 times in a day. Just don't expect to find out until at the very moment servers are supposed to come up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    What patch did you have to download?
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I have been playing WoW since Vanilla, but recently they have been keeping their maintenance to a minimum.. or hot fixes... not even them fixing WoD with their back to back days of maintenance took this long and that was for the first couple days of a Expansion Release... this is just a patch.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could just do something else and check their twitter page to see if it's up.

So you have been home all day (on a Tuesday) and have nothing to do? No work, no school. no chores or kids to pick up after? Are you on disability or unemployment? Do you work from home? What is your reason for needing to log on as soon as the servers are up?

Im not raging at all guys, just saying that its kind of weird for this kind of maintenance to be happening when guilds are trying to progress through raids as soon as possible

Im off work today, already ran errands for the day. No class till later tonight..

Welcome to the World of Warcraft. This has been the case for 10 years now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trikory View Post
    Im not raging at all guys, just saying that its kind of weird for this kind of maintenance to be happening when guilds are trying to progress through raids as soon as possible
    Now you know what it's like to live in the EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheries View Post
    So you have been home all day (on a Tuesday) and have nothing to do? No work, no school. no chores or kids to pick up after? Are you on disability or unemployment? Do you work from home? What is your reason for needing to log on as soon as the servers are up?
    No one should have to justify that.

Welcome to WoW! This must be your first or second week in WoW. Shit happens. Plain and simple. Sometimes servers are up early, sometimes they are delayed for hours. It happens, sometimes it's unpredictable and they don't know wtf is going on. And before you claim "Well I pay my money blah blah blah", You're more than welcome to ask them to refund you the 12 hours, which equates to 0.25 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Trikory View Post
    We have to wait twelve hours ladies and gentlemen. Its amazing that they cannot just give an actual time that they will be done with it, they would just rather have us constantly sitting at our computers waiting for it to might happen, then telling us another two hours of maintenance... Then another two hours... So people that are wanting to play have had to wait an extra 4 hours of when planning to log on WoW now wasted, and they could have been doing something else with their lives while waiting for a TWELVE HOUR MAINTENANCE... :/
    It truly amazes me that people wait by their computers to play on maintenance day, and then complain when the servers are not up right when Blizz originally estimated.

Welcome to the world of IT: shit almost never goes as smoothly as you hope. I'm still confused about how people don't understand this.

Signature by Shyama!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    What??? Patch this size? It's only opening an instance already there. What are you talking about?