Deleted

Healing tonics and Healthstones?

Okay so i know this isn't really a monk question, but more of a tanking question. So i just read on reddit that healing tonic heals for 68k while healthstone heals for 50k ( they both scale with resolve ), so i have 2 questions
    Can you use healing tonic more than once in a figth? or does it work like the rest of the potions?
    Can you use both healthstone and healing tonic in a figth?

Deleted
    Healing Tonics are no longer pots.
    Healthstones are weaker Healing Tonics, you can only use one of them in each fight.

If you raid in a competitive Guild, Healing Tonics are mandatory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TherealNerz View Post
    Healing Tonics are no longer pots.
    Healthstones are weaker Healing Tonics, you can only use one of them in each fight.

If you raid in a competitive Guild, Healing Tonics are mandatory.
    So just to clarify i can use healing tonics more than once per figth?

Deleted
    no you cant. you can only use ONE healthstone OR healingtonic per fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    Healing Potion + Alchemy = 100K HP~ It's so amazing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    Healing Potion + Alchemy = 100K HP~ It's so amazing...
    Only if you use the crappy 620 trinket, unfortunately. If it wasn't for the low ilvl, the 40% hp potion passive would make it worthwhile.

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    Only if you use the crappy 620 trinket, unfortunately. If it wasn't for the low ilvl, the 40% hp potion passive would make it worthwhile.
    It gives 771 Agility; It's BiS Pre-Raiding when paired with the Trinket from Everbloom's first boss for Rogues. ;D

Note that there's one more option for your tonic CD: Shieldtronic Shield is a 51k absorb that lasts 15s. So it's exactly 75% of a healing tonic but has the advantage of being an absorb instead of a heal. It's cheap to make; 6 true iron ore makes 5 shields.

I haven't tested if it works with Resolve or not, but if it does then you should carry both these and healing tonics and use whichever one is right for the situation. Notably you can use the shield as a way to prepot with your tonic CD, where prepotting with a heal is obviously pointless.

As an alchemist, I haven't discovered the recipe for Healing Tonic. Anybody know how to get it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellante_mazrigos View Post
    As an alchemist, I haven't discovered the recipe for Healing Tonic. Anybody know how to get it?
    I do.
    It is on google.

First.Aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=109223#taught-by-spell

I miss LMWHTFY.

Healthstones are useless.

Tanks should have a potion, Draenic Armor Potion for example.

As well as Healing Tonics and Shieldtronic Shields.

The potion is on a separate CD.

The tonic and shield are on the same CD. While the shield absorbs about as much as the Healthstone heals, it is an absorb. This means it does not overheal and you do not waste any healing potential.

This makes for an interesting choice, 70K hp heal or 50K hp absorb. Use the absorb if you are going to take damage, use the tonic if you are really low on HP. Then use the Armor potion or whatever potion you choose when you need it. The armor potion will be a physical damage absorb(in that it raises your armor) while the shieldtronic shield absorbs all damage.

I also prepot on a pull as the MT, both the Armor potion and Shieldtronic shield, this lets me pull without worrying so much about pulling back and possible making a mistake and turning my back to the boss for a split second.

I've been intrigued by the shieldtronic shield. You might be able to use it while under 35% HP and get a few extra uses out of Expel Harm/Desperate Measures that you wouldn't get with a tonic. Not sure if its enough to justify the lower healing though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are an engineer, you can use the belt-shield as well.

This isn't on the potion CD. Macro it to Fort Brew for bonus 20-25% absorb because the damage reduction from Fort Brew actually does magic to the shield.

Health Pot + Engineering Belt Tinker in one fight, pretty awesome.
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid

Huh, really? Good to know. I dunno that I'd give up my rocket belt just yet, even though it's on the potion timer now, but it's something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    I do.
    It is on google.
    Hah, completely noobed out, hadn't even read on wowhead that it was from first aid, just saw the alchemy symbol under taught by, and thought "fack, haven't found this".

Healthstones arnt useless, as they interact with resolve for tanks, so they becomne 160k healing beasts.
    Last edited by Dona; 2014-12-20 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dona View Post
    Healthstones arnt useless, as they interact with resolve for tanks, so they becomne 160k healing beasts.
    So do Healing Tonics. But healing tonics heal for more base

Anyone know if Shields scale with Resolve like Tonics/Healthstones do? If so they would be amazing in high-resolve situations.