Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timborjesson View Post
    Yes,

The heroic grind to get optimized items was awfull, I'd rather have the choice to reforge than to farm an item for ages.
    You could only reforge 40% of it. If you wanted to get the perfect set you still had to grind and with the hit and expertise often being impossible to get low enough.

OP, NO!!!! You know that Blizzard will tune bosses for it and PVP opponents will have done it so in the end it is a pointless exercise.

Not to mention that we now can use the same gear for several specs. That would mean reforging every time you change to your secondary spec. I am resto/feral at the moment and I would love a feral spirit build........

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. If that means bringing back Hit then no way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Absolutely, nothing bothers me more than getting a nice new purple with versatility on it. I know reforging doesn't remove it, but it certainly would ease the pain of seeing that god awful stat on my gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    No, it was a stupid mechanic and it serves no purpose.

You get a piece of gear. You run a simulator. It tells you how to reforge. You go to a reforger. You pay the 20g. You use that item.

That's how it goes, with every single piece of gear you get, for the entire time reforging exists. That isn't fun, it isn't interesting, and it serves virtually no purpose.
    I think Rucati hit the nail on the head. I've seen a few threads about reforging in the past few days and most of them boil down to people feeling like the aren't min/maxed. What people don't realize is nothing has changed. Before there was BiS w/ reforging. Now there is BiS w/o reforging. It doesn't change anything because everyone is in the same boat. (I hope I worded that correctly so people would understand) Now you can get an upgrade and use it, rather then waiting for a service like AskMrRobot and hearthing etc.

In addition I found that when reforging was added I was most excited about the ability to get enough hit on my gear because at the beginning of an xpac that was always a pain. With hit/exp/etc being removed I hardly see a true need for it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    Absolutely, nothing bothers me more than getting a nice new purple with versatility on it. I know reforging doesn't remove it, but it certainly would ease the pain of seeing that god awful stat on my gear.
    Is versatility actually good for anyone so far? Haven't seen anyone giving it any credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    You know that Blizzard will tune bosses for it and PVP opponents will have done it so in the end it is a pointless exercise.
    Irrelevant. The problem is that arithmetic decisions over gear upgrades still exist; it's just that the steering wheel has been ripped of the moving car, and a lot of players still seem to believe it means the road is straight.

Yes.

The reason Blizzard gave for removing reforging, alongside the reduction in gems & enchants, was that they wanted people to be able to win a piece and put it on immediately, without feeling they have to first go reforge everything again.

They've gone some way towards that. However, there's still a problem. Because secondaries are poorly balanced, you can't always tell whether a new piece is actually going to be better, unless you go and run some sims first. Although that happens in fewer situations - typically just when going from low ilvl, good stats to slightly higher ilvl, worse stats - it's even more of a pain. Reforging doesn't fix it entirely, but it's a lot easier to have confidence that this new piece will be better if you know you'll be able to slightly fix the stats on it. And previously you had to reforge EVERYTHING to precisely get back to hit cap; now you just reforge one piece. Yes, I'd like it back.

Deleted
    I do not miss reforging, not even a little bit.

It ended up being something you let an addon control at the cost of possibly several hundred gold for one upgrade because it had to reorganize everything for best possible result, and it was another step of:

"Oh yey loot, now all I need to do is enchant it, gem it, reforge it, upgrade its item level... on second thought I would rather keep my current item..."

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    No, it was a stupid mechanic and it serves no purpose.

You get a piece of gear. You run a simulator. It tells you how to reforge. You go to a reforger. You pay the 20g. You use that item.

That's how it goes, with every single piece of gear you get, for the entire time reforging exists. That isn't fun, it isn't interesting, and it serves virtually no purpose.
    Agreed. Reforging is great for min/maxers, but was an unneeded complication for me. Also, no reforge means Blizz can balance encounters for the gear as-dropped and not assuming its min/maxxed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Irrelevant. The problem is that arithmetic decisions over gear upgrades still exist; it's just that the steering wheel has been ripped of the moving car, and a lot of players still seem to believe it means the road is straight.
    It's definitely not as curvy as it was before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Yes.

The reason Blizzard gave for removing reforging, alongside the reduction in gems & enchants, was that they wanted people to be able to win a piece and put it on immediately, without feeling they have to first go reforge everything again.

They've gone some way towards that. However, there's still a problem. Because secondaries are poorly balanced, you can't always tell whether a new piece is actually going to be better, unless you go and run some sims first. Although that happens in fewer situations - typically just when going from low ilvl, good stats to slightly higher ilvl, worse stats - it's even more of a pain. Reforging doesn't fix it entirely, but it's a lot easier to have confidence that this new piece will be better if you know you'll be able to slightly fix the stats on it. And previously you had to reforge EVERYTHING to precisely get back to hit cap; now you just reforge one piece. Yes, I'd like it back.
    I'm pretty confident that this is an overstated issue. I've seen VERY few specs able to demonstrate that that an ilvl increase can ever be detrimental (outside of trinkets which are an exception to the rule). People overestimate the difference between best and worst secondary, forgetting just how much more important primaries are. For most classes and specs, the difference between and optimal and suboptimal is not even 6 ilvls, so unless there's gems included, chances are you can go blindly on ilvl in almost any case.

Im glad they removed it as it wasnt interesting in anyway. The vast majority of players did nothing but hit a couple of buttons on a mod and forget about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like it back. I made a topic about it yesterday aswell, over at general discussions: here. If you have any arguments for or against it, feel free to post them there aswell. Currently gathering feedback before I post a more indepth suggestion on the EU forums.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphia View Post
    Is versatility actually good for anyone so far? Haven't seen anyone giving it any credit.
    Apparently its second best stat for warriors.

And NO to reforging.

Deleted
    Yeah I would like to have it back.

Part of me says yes, I want reforging back. But I think what is most relevant is WHY do I want reforging back? The answer is because I want the ability to test various different builds with different stat configurations (or sometimes different talent configurations which sometimes require different stat configurations). THAT is what I want.

That being the case, what I would really like is for Blizz to let us use the PTR for such purposes. I’d like to be able to login to the PTR as a max level character and be able to choose my gear, my gems, my enchants, etc all at a click of a button from a list of all the items the current content offers. All without cost and all with ease so that I could redo the whole setup with just a few clicks.

Blizz says they don’t like people making decisions based on simcraft. They want people spending time in their game and keeping their subs long term. This is the kind of thing raiders want. Not garrisons or pokemon. This is the kind of thing that would keep them glued to their screens for hours on end.

And if it is in PTR, what difference does it make? Live servers are what matter. Don’t allow current raid tiers so that fights could be practiced. Instead setup a few boss scenarios (patchwork, medium movement, high movement, single boss, council fights, etc) that people can go in and test these various setups against.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like it. Don't want it back.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of people saying that they didn't like it. I didn't like reforging either. Having to go reforge every time I got an upgrade was annoying. However I want reforging back because honestly it's the right thing to do. So many of the pieces of loot might as well just drop as shards. X.x
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Yes Blizzard promisse was that all secondary would be very valuable for every class/spec. They failled miserablya at that, some classes got the shaft hard on Highmaul with no options and only secondary that are terrible for them, theres no harm in having reforging if you dont need to match a expertise/hit cap. All youd do would be reforge the worst stat in an iten for the best stat for your class, there would be no changing all the reforjes on every piece of gear everytime you egt a new loot.

Yes, theres so many items with bullshit versatility on them that I want to reforge into something useful. There's only one option for most slots in Highmaul and they all have average/horrible stats for my spec, not having reforging is a slap in the face.

The problem wasn't reforging - it was hit/exp and various haste caps etc that made reforging a pain.