Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Up-to-date 6.0 Arena Statistics

http://pastebin.com/UcLpX0FK (Updated 20th Dec)

Some statistics that I hope you will find interesting. This data takes into account only the top 1k players above 2k rating in both the US and the EU 3v3 bracket. Enjoy!

EDIT 4th Dec: Updated specialization IDs, no speccs should be missing now.
    EDIT 5th Dec: Included Racial Stats
    EDIT 20th Dec: Updated stats now that the season has been out a bit longer and some balance changes has been made.

Old pastes for comparison:
    http://pastebin.com/KqEUvxhj (Updated 5th Dec)
    Source

I found this very interesting, and shows that even (especially?) in the top layer there are some huge imbalances currently.
    Last edited by Fakie; 2014-12-20 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Updating with data from Dec 20

Most of those aren't that surprising. I'd say the most "demanding" issues is share dominance of Disc Priests and Ret paladins. Honestly the BIGGEST issue (to me anyways) Is the sheer lack of dps shamans and monks in general healing and dps... And maybe the warlock thing but honestly, Destro isn't really what I'd consider an "arena spec", much like arcane mage, so not that surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retardins and huntards need to be nerfed to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Retardins and huntards need to be nerfed to the ground
    Hunters aren't even OP aside from Lonewolf killshots. Meh survivability and easy to LOS and generally hurt their damage output, along with high focus costs for anything substantial. All of this hunter buzz is 100% over kill shot and almost every kill shot story involves Lone wolf and a battle ground. hunters are played so much because it's a mobile ranged and people generally feel comfortable playing them. Hunter has always been popular. Ret? Ret has rarely been what I'd consider highly popular.

Hunters only appear strong because of their absurdly good synergy with Ret Paladins. Ret needs to be nerfed, that's pretty obvious, but it's hard to nerf them without destroying the class entirely.

Disc just got fixed today with their shields absorbing less, so it'll be interesting to see how that changes things. But I'm really surprised Druids are so low on the list, feel like I've seen a lot of Druids.

As for DPS classes, not really sure, both Shaman specs need a lot of work to be viable. Monks seem okay, but could use another defensive. Other than that though, DPS classes all seem to be in okay shape right now.

Isnt it a bit early to start making statistics?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a player that has mained priest for ages it is sickening how priests become good ONE season and then ev1 instantly rerolls them. I have to endure so much "lolfotm" trashtalk it's unbelieveable. At this point I wish they'd just remove silence, give us fear back baseline and let us pick one of our old ccs. Then all this shit would stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    As a player that has mained priest for ages it is sickening how priests become good ONE season and then ev1 instantly rerolls them. I have to endure so much "lolfotm" trashtalk it's unbelieveable. At this point I wish they'd just remove silence, give us fear back baseline and let us pick one of our old ccs. Then all this shit would stop.
    I'm not normally the one to talk about "good old times", but I seriously miss the days when leveling wasn't a boring formality, gearing took time, and everyone didn't have 9000 max level alts ready to be FotM-ed the moment a spec becomes OP.

Like 3 months ago I was the only retri paladin in any given random BG. Nowadays they're everywhere. Literally the only alliance player I've seen on Stormscale since WoD hit was a human retri pala. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Isnt it a bit early to start making statistics?
    It's early, but it's easy to see how some classes completely dominate others, and I don't see that changing much without Blizzard's interference.

EDIT: Added updated stats to OP which includes racial distribution.
    Last edited by Fakie; 2014-12-05 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    I'm not normally the one to talk about "good old times", but I seriously miss the days when leveling wasn't a boring formality, gearing took time, and everyone didn't have 9000 max level alts ready to be FotM-ed the moment a spec becomes OP.

Like 3 months ago I was the only retri paladin in any given random BG. Nowadays they're everywhere. Literally the only alliance player I've seen on Stormscale since WoD hit was a human retri pala. >_<
    You're probably the only one here that understands me since we sit in the same boat <3

I'm gonna reck shit with all these fotm heroes this weekend. Then tell them to gtfo when they complain I'm a fotm priest, I didn't get 2500 last season by rerolling my restodruid.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

To be honest, if they remove Silence people will probably just go Holy and it'll still be the strongest healer, Holy is pretty good it just isn't as good as Disc having the silence. I do agree fear should be baseline though since the other 2 talent options are both beyond awful, but even if that was the case whatever else they put in that row will just be picked because tendrils and mind control are so awful it's laughable.

No idea what you mean by priests have become good for one season though, Priests were top tier in almost all of MoP and Burning Crusade. Not sure on Wrath/Cata since I didn't really play much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    To be honest, if they remove Silence people will probably just go Holy and it'll still be the strongest healer, Holy is pretty good it just isn't as good as Disc having the silence. I do agree fear should be baseline though since the other 2 talent options are both beyond awful, but even if that was the case whatever else they put in that row will just be picked because tendrils and mind control are so awful it's laughable.

No idea what you mean by priests have become good for one season though, Priests were top tier in almost all of MoP and Burning Crusade. Not sure on Wrath/Cata since I didn't really play much.
    I was gone from wow for a long duration, started playing again season 14 (griev) and since then it's been restodruid/restosham. I have to admit I don't know the state of priests before that.

Tendrils/psyfiend/MC were all ok for some sort of usage, they have never been awful talents. They gave a lot of variation aswell since they were all used vs diff. comps. So yeah remove silence, make fear baseline and give us psyfiend back.

Tendrils/psyfiend/MC were all ok for some sort of usage, they have never been awful talents. They gave a lot of variation aswell since they were all used vs diff. comps. So yeah remove silence, make fear baseline and give us psyfiend back.
    They're awful now was my point. Tendrils no longer has its own DR, so it'll DR with all roots, and on top of that they only have like 20k health and no resilience so they die instantly anyway. MC shares DR with Polymorph now, so it's also completely useless because the only use it ever had was in 2s running Priest/Mage for infinite CC loops. And Psyfiend was the most broken nonsense of all time, it has no place in WoW.

They should remove Silence, make Fear baseline and back to a 30 second CD, and then scrap the whole row of terrible CC talents and give us another row of healing/defensive skills, the game doesn't need more CC at the moment from any class, but especially healers.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Specs that stands out on the lower end:
    Priest Holy: 2 (0.58% - 0.11%)
    Shaman Enhancement: 13 (8.97% - 0.71%)
    Shaman Elemental: 4 (2.76% - 0.22%)
    Monk Windwalker: 17 (40.48% - 0.93%)

Didn't copied Hunter/Rogue and Lock specs as they represent the same role (melee/ranged dps)
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Specs that stands out on the lower end:
    Priest Holy: 2 (0.58% - 0.11%)
    Shaman Enhancement: 13 (8.97% - 0.71%)
    Shaman Elemental: 4 (2.76% - 0.22%)
    Monk Windwalker: 17 (40.48% - 0.93%)

Didn't copied Hunter/Rogue and Lock specs as they represent the same role (melee/ranged dps)
    Once Disc inevitably gets nerfed Holy will be played more, it's still strong just doesn't have the utility Disc has, so there's no real reason for anyone to play it currently.

Both Shaman DPS specs are a complete mess and need a miracle to fix. If you just give them raw damage they go back to one shot machines, but I don't even know what type of utility they need. Ele needs a way to create space and get casts off, Enhance I actually think might be alright if they nerf the other melee, there's just currently no reason to bring an Enhance over a DK, Feral, Warrior, Ret, etc. so if the other classes (mainly Ret, Feral and DK) get nerfed that'll help Enhance. But honestly, I don't have the slightest clue what they could do to help Elemental, it needs a damn miracle haha.

As for Monks, they're actually kind of strong right now I think, just a combination of again other melee being better and I feel like not very many people play Monk to begin with. Just from what I've seen in Ashran and even just in trade chat, seems like Monks are pretty rare. I have no numbers to back that up, but just feels that way. They could probably use some defensive skill though, they die kind of fast.

Not an awful start to an expansion/season balance wise - considering a lot of season releases will see the most OP spec reach 20-30%.

There is nothing currently I would consider overpowered. Some classes are overtuned, some are undertuned - can't get much better.

Biggest surprise to me is druids as 4th place healer, contrary to early predictions. Could be a comp issue, could be purge prevalence with priest/shaman as top two healers. Ret healing was nerfed and Disc was "fixed" in that shields were made to correctly crit for 150%. Perhaps they'll tweak hunters, as they are strong in their current state with mobility, cc, high damage, and deterrence. My shaman has been demoted to alt status and the comparison between elemental and hunter is mind boggling right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spicybbq View Post
    Biggest surprise to me is druids as 4th place healer, contrary to early predictions. Could be a comp issue, could be purge prevalence with priest/shaman as top two healers. Ret healing was nerfed and Disc was "fixed" in that shields were made to correctly crit for 150%. Perhaps they'll tweak hunters, as they are strong in their current state with mobility, cc, high damage, and deterrence. My shaman has been demoted to alt status and the comparison between elemental and hunter is mind boggling right now.
    Resto Druid lacks what all other healers have. Either a silence/interrupt or a offensive purge (disc has both).

Disc needs to be toned down. Either add cast times on silence and purge if theyre going to keep both OR let
    them keep one of them as it is currently. Having both of them is really unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by spicybbq View Post
    The problem isn't other healers having a dispel tbh, it's all the DPS having a dispel. Good luck living on a Resto Druid if you fight Prot War/Frost DK/X, because both DPS classes have dispels built into their damage abilities. Hunters are the same way, though they need to use Globals on it, the only issue I really have with Hunters is their traps, the only remaining instant cast 7 second CC in the game.

But if you fight like Disc/Prot War/Hunter, you're not going to have any buffs the entire game. I don't really care that Hunters have dispel, they always have, but there's absolutely no reason that Glad Stance warriors or DKs need it. Offensive dispels in general seem really broken right now, in that if you fall behind you have no buffs at all because the enemy team just spam dispels, and if you're ahead the enemy team has no buffs at all because your team does the same. It definitely needs to be changed in some way, that's for sure.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two warlock specs sharing the very bottom of the DPS representation listing. No surprises there.

Not that affliction is even great in PVP anymore, but somehow the other two specs are even worse.