Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Resto Druid lacks what all other healers have. Either a silence/interrupt or a offensive purge (disc has both).

Disc needs to be toned down. Either add cast times on silence and purge if theyre going to keep both OR let
    them keep one of them as it is currently. Having both of them is really unbalanced.
    I'm not saying discs aren't op, but can't a resto shaman also silence/interupt and purge?

[QUOTE=Aoibhe;30992498]I'm not saying discs aren't op, but can't a resto shaman also silence/interupt and purge?[/QUOTED]

Disc also gets penance on the run, instant shields, castable stacking shield, and AOE instant fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoibhe View Post
    I'm not saying discs aren't op, but can't a resto shaman also silence/interupt and purge?
    Disc has a lot more tools to work with. One of the few things that keep resto shaman somewhat useable is burst healing when the target gets low via their mastery, and because Elemental and Enhancement are the epitome of suck in PvP.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Apart from shitty class balance which has been and will forever be a problem in this game, I think we should worry about racial imbalance. Classes come and go and there aren't going to be specs that dominate the game forever, as we all know. But races are different thing entirely. We need some drastic chance in racials in order to balance from there. Classes are "easy" to balance in the sense that they just tune numbers or add another line of text to the spell. Racials are a defining trait that people will pick in order to play the best race. It is extremely unsettling to see nobody playing horde.

I really hate all the human FOTM rerollers. I still dont understand why blizzard can't realize that human racial is fucking op and nobody in their right mind going for rank 1 will ever play anything but human. Fuck... not even just human, stoneform is fucking retarded. It is a ghetto cloak of shadows. Gnomes have a ghetto trinket that doesn't share a CD with medallion. Night elf can completely juke the one spell that can define a game. What can horde do? Shitty stun that will most likely incur DR... an okay silence that will also incur DR... Those two spells can change the game I won't deny that, but they aren't going to be consistently pulling ahead like the top 3 alliance racials.

So TL;DR Please balance racials then nerf XYZ into the ground like everyone tends to want.

only way to make ele viable is lava burst starts critting for 50k, no seriously you can't cast anything else, you can't kite you can only stand still and dps, so your spells need to start hitting 3 times harder simple.

^this is obviously a stupid solution but im willing to bet it's more than blizzard can think of right now.

Deleted
    The thing that stands out the most to me is 53% humans.

The answer has been out there for years, just disable racials in arenas...
    (this would be a pretty big nerf to retlols too, which would be just awesome)

10+ Year Old Account
    52% human, huge surprise, right guys?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    Apart from shitty class balance which has been and will forever be a problem in this game, I think we should worry about racial imbalance. Classes come and go and there aren't going to be specs that dominate the game forever, as we all know. But races are different thing entirely. We need some drastic chance in racials in order to balance from there. Classes are "easy" to balance in the sense that they just tune numbers or add another line of text to the spell. Racials are a defining trait that people will pick in order to play the best race. It is extremely unsettling to see nobody playing horde.

I really hate all the human FOTM rerollers. I still dont understand why blizzard can't realize that human racial is fucking op and nobody in their right mind going for rank 1 will ever play anything but human. Fuck... not even just human, stoneform is fucking retarded. It is a ghetto cloak of shadows. Gnomes have a ghetto trinket that doesn't share a CD with medallion. Night elf can completely juke the one spell that can define a game. What can horde do? Shitty stun that will most likely incur DR... an okay silence that will also incur DR... Those two spells can change the game I won't deny that, but they aren't going to be consistently pulling ahead like the top 3 alliance racials.

So TL;DR Please balance racials then nerf XYZ into the ground like everyone tends to want.
    They would also have to make sure PvE doesn't get affected as well. The reason why Horde was the only way to go if you're serious about endgame was because their racials made them OP in PvP and PvE, so much to the point that Alliance end-game guilds like Method faction transferred, just to keep up in the World First Races.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    They would also have to make sure PvE doesn't get affected as well. The reason why Horde was the only way to go if you're serious about endgame was because their racials made them OP in PvP and PvE, so much to the point that Alliance end-game guilds like Method faction transferred, just to keep up in the World First Races.
    Yeah that is true. Although, nowadays the racials aren't as much of an influence in raiding as they are in PvP (that I know of, I could be wrong). The passives are really where people can min max. But having every man for himself nerfed isn't going to be THAT much of a change in a raid but will be HUGE in an arena game. You don't even have to nerf the ally racials. I hate that balance is usually 'achieved' through nerfs and not buffs. I can't really say what could be done, but buffing horde racials might just make them better. For example, the orc racial is trash. It's good at low gear levels but when its the third/fourth season in the expansion, the AP it gives is laughable while humans get two trinkets that will scale with ilvl.

This is my first post on MMO-champ in years, and basically I'm just really disappointed in Blizz atm.

It's sickening that Alliance has such a huge racial advantage and Blizz apparently is okay with it. I've always played both sides, but decided to mainly go Horde this time because the expansion seemed more Horde specific and my guildies felt the same way.

It's funny how in the Q and A yesterday, Blizzard basically said "lol, it's not a big deal."

After looking at the top rated players right now, the only thing thing I can think of is that Blizz really means "lol, so much money" while soaking in the faction change / server transfer money coming in. So greedy, Blizz. Really losing some respect from me and I'm sure many others.
    Last edited by Rathys; 2014-12-06 at 05:10 AM.

I was amazed to see how high Affliction is, its a good spec but with double melee it does not survive long...It needs Howell back as base line..

..and who in his right mind is playing Ele!!

"racials weren't the only factor for faction changes, people want to play with their friends"

I deciphered that code and came up with this, I'm only an amateur cryptanalyst though so

"we made a killing off people switching to alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Rathys View Post
    This is my first post on MMO-champ in years, and basically I'm just really disappointed in Blizz atm.

It's sickening that Alliance has such a huge racial advantage and Blizz apparently is okay with it. I've always played both sides, but decided to mainly go Horde this time because the expansion seemed more Horde specific and my guildies felt the same way.

It's funny how in the Q and A yesterday, Blizzard basically said "lol, it's not a big deal."

After looking at the top rated players right now, the only thing thing I can think of is that Blizz really means "lol, so much money" while soaking in the faction change / server transfer money coming in. So greedy, Blizz. Really losing some respect from me and I'm sure many others.
    The funniest part is how little race matters, but the 2k players all think it's race that's holding them back, and if they were Human they'd suddenly be 2400. Top tier players will be 2400 regardless of race, if you want to sit there and pretend Yoske/Vanguards/Fuzion are only 2600 because of their race go right ahead, but it just makes you look like an idiot.

If racials didn't exist the ladder would have the same people in the same order, the only two reasons to complain about racials are that you either need an excuse as to why you're not high rated and think that racials will help you, or you're just looking for something to bitch about because you need to be mad at Blizzard for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    The funniest part is how little race matters, but the 2k players all think it's race that's holding them back, and if they were Human they'd suddenly be 2400. Top tier players will be 2400 regardless of race, if you want to sit there and pretend Yoske/Vanguards/Fuzion are only 2600 because of their race go right ahead, but it just makes you look like an idiot.

If racials didn't exist the ladder would have the same people in the same order, the only two reasons to complain about racials are that you either need an excuse as to why you're not high rated and think that racials will help you, or you're just looking for something to bitch about because you need to be mad at Blizzard for some reason.
    I'm going to have to disagree... Burst is INSANELY important to finalizing a kill. Also, some racials (Stoneform, shadowmeld) do things for certain classes well beyond the realm of just a slight boost. Stoneform is practically the only way Camouflage is even usable. It saves a cloak for rogues, etc etc. Shadowmeld can be used in various ways for druids and otherwise also. These sorts of synergies can make huge differences in how well a defense or offensive push is executed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    Yeah that is true. Although, nowadays the racials aren't as much of an influence in raiding as they are in PvP (that I know of, I could be wrong). The passives are really where people can min max. But having every man for himself nerfed isn't going to be THAT much of a change in a raid but will be HUGE in an arena game. You don't even have to nerf the ally racials. I hate that balance is usually 'achieved' through nerfs and not buffs. I can't really say what could be done, but buffing horde racials might just make them better. For example, the orc racial is trash. It's good at low gear levels but when its the third/fourth season in the expansion, the AP it gives is laughable while humans get two trinkets that will scale with ilvl.
    Then again, Release Will of the Forsaken, back when it also provided immunity to the effects it removed, was the most OP racial ever, and was one the reasons why Forsaken were such a popular race at the time.

As for say, the Orc racial, maybe have it boost AP by a percentage instead of flat amount, allowing it to scale with gear?

I also find it interesting how Arms is still strong as heck in PvP, as the shift of the spec's damage to it's abilities would make for sick burst. It is sad that it's one of those specs that works in PvP, yet is lackluster in PvE IIRC.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2014-12-06 at 06:21 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    Disc also gets penance on the run, instant shields, castable stacking shield, and AOE instant fear. [/QUOTED]

Disc also gets penance on the run, instant shields, castable stacking shield, and AOE instant fear.
    Can't resto shamans cast heals while moving? Also, don't they have totems? Totems which give them fear protection, a stun and even a shield if glyphed?

Maybe I'm confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't resto shamans cast heals while moving? Also, don't they have totems? Totems which give them fear protection, a stun and even a shield if glyphed?

Maybe I'm confused.
    Spiritwalker's Grace (allows casting while moving) is a CD, the Stun totem has a delay for it to go off, and Tremor Totem can no longer be used when Feared, meaning that you have to proactively drop it instead of reactively.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Disc has a lot more tools to work with. One of the few things that keep resto shaman somewhat useable is burst healing when the target gets low via their mastery, and because Elemental and Enhancement are the epitome of suck in PvP.
    What kind of tools? I've always been mainly shadow for pvp, but do occasionally heal. I was disc when it was popular to be holy and now I'm holy and I guess disc is op. Just this week I was in two heroics where someone mentioned how good my heals were (and I do try), they both just assumed I was disc =/. You all should just be happy priest can no longer have both fear and mc and also that we don't have mana burn ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of tools? I've always been mainly shadow for pvp, but do occasionally heal. I was disc when it was popular to be holy and now I'm holy and I guess disc is op. Just this week I was in two heroics where someone mentioned how good my heals were (and I do try), they both just assumed I was disc =/. You all should just be happy priest can no longer have both fear and mc and also that we don't have mana burn ^^
    Disc having Silence is one of those "mind-boggling" decisions the PvP dev team apparently made in WoD.

And sadly, the other spells in the Fear talent level don't cut it compare to the Fear.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Spiritwalker's Grace (allows casting while moving) is a CD, the Stun totem has a delay for it to go off, and Tremor Totem can no longer be used when Feared, meaning that you have to proactively drop it instead of reactively.
    Disc's have CD's also. You can get multiple casts off with spiritwalker's grace where as penance is a single heal with a CD. Yes, but you do have a stun and it's aoe? Um, wasn't that how tremor totem was originally? Back then you had none of those other things. You resto lot have been pretty solid for a good amount of time. Again, not saying disc hasn't.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2014-12-06 at 06:51 AM.