Has anyone tried Proving Grounds Endless lately?

So, yeah, I'm running holy and I just run into a wall at wave 7-8 on Endless. The first few waves are totally fine and dispelling aqua bombs isn't too bad with Glyph of Purification up. I try to weave in holy fire and shadow word pain when possible to help with DPS so that adds don't end up stacking. But around wave 7 when you get the add that enrages, all hell breaks loose. I have two stacks of chomp to manage and then another wave spawns as the enraged one is sitting at 15% hp. By this point, my mana is hovering around 40% and I don't feel like Hymn is a good idea because of the lackluster heal amount and long channel time. I try to pop PI to mitigate some of the mana issues and get more heals on the tank, but waves 7-8 are killing me. Any advice?

As for talents I'm running Desperate Prayer, Feather, Mindbender, Psychic Scream, Power Infusion, Divine Star, and Words of Mending. I'm not sold on Divine Star, but I might use it once an encounter, so I mostly forget about it.

New here, so I can't post Armory links, but I'm Elanti on Mal'ganis.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elanti View Post
    So, yeah, I'm running holy and I just run into a wall at wave 7-8 on Endless. The first few waves are totally fine and dispelling aqua bombs isn't too bad with Glyph of Purification up. I try to weave in holy fire and shadow word pain when possible to help with DPS so that adds don't end up stacking. But around wave 7 when you get the add that enrages, all hell breaks loose. I have two stacks of chomp to manage and then another wave spawns as the enraged one is sitting at 15% hp. By this point, my mana is hovering around 40% and I don't feel like Hymn is a good idea because of the lackluster heal amount and long channel time. I try to pop PI to mitigate some of the mana issues and get more heals on the tank, but waves 7-8 are killing me. Any advice?

As for talents I'm running Desperate Prayer, Feather, Mindbender, Psychic Scream, Power Infusion, Divine Star, and Words of Mending. I'm not sold on Divine Star, but I might use it once an encounter, so I mostly forget about it.

New here, so I can't post Armory links, but I'm Elanti on Mal'ganis.
    I did endless 30 on disc a couple days ago but have not played Holy this expac so I may be wrong, but have you tried using PW:S on allies before the chompers spawn on that wave? Also you can see who the chompers are targeting and prepare to heal/pre-shield them.

I got to wave 27 as holy but the divine hymn nerf is ran me into a wall. A little RNG might get through it.

Deleted
    I managed to get to wave 25 after an hour of wiping at waves 7-8. What helped me out was rolling my CD's efficiently; especially, Guardian Angel and Leap of Faith. I used the Guardian Angel glyph so I just put Guardian Angel on the tank when the mob enraged and kept a renew on him. That alone kept the tank alive which relieved pressure so I could heal the group up. For the times when I didn't have Guardian Angel up, I used Leap of Faith without the glyph. The spell alone makes you heal for 50% more, so I waited a couple of seconds after the enrage and then pulled the tank away as far as I could from the enraged mob, used Holy Word: Serenity on the tank and then spam-healed him. That move was very efficient for me.

Also, I preferred Solace for the manaregen and it proved to be very crucial in my run. Because, I had around 1150 spirit with 1 spirit trinket and 1 intellect procc trinket which helped heal for more while keeping my mana up. Hope this helps a little

Edit: Another tip is to use Void Tendrils for the Fireball/pyroblast spam wave because they will target the tendrils relieving pressure.
    Last edited by mmoc73cfdb7de1; 2014-12-06 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a Priest, but the way I handle all Chomps is to stand next to the mob right where it spawns. It always targets me with the stomp, making it a lot easier to manage. Specially in MoP when there were two stomps at the same time, getting both on myself made stuff easier. Would probably be easier on your mana if you can use a defensive CD for it.

I have struggled so much with this as a holy priest, but I finally managed to beat endless wave 30 on thursday. I had probably 50 or more attempts, but I am not particularly skilled so you might need less. (I handle high-stress situations and quick decisionmaking very poorly so it took me many tries to "learn" the fight properly)

You should be able to get through the first 10 waves with about 2/3 mana left. If you can not, then it's just a matter of getting used to the damage pattern and what the different mobs do.

First and foremost: It turns out you can use flasks in proving grounds! It helps quite a bit. Also, there is apparently a scaling bug that you can resolve by relogging and entering with no items equippped.

Next: Here is how I handled the waves from 20 - 30:

21. Two rippers, one flamecaller. Still relatively easy at 21. You might need to use flash heal a couple of times to keep the tank from wasting his shield wall. (you want hsield wall for the next wave)

22. One ripper, one hive singer and an aqualyte. This one can be tricky, rippers aren't completely negligible at wave 23, and with a hive-singer they can be dangerous. But there is no damage to the group other than the hive singer. Focus on keeping the tank alive and just enough group healing to keep the rest alive until the hive singer dies. Once it's dead you can just focus on tank and heal the rest using cheap spells. I would NOT use power infusion here. You might need it for wave 23.

23. Two tunnelers. This is in theory pretty easy as long as you keep everyone close to full. But you can not afford to fall behind. The reason I save PI for this wave is because clearing chomp is easily the most mana-draining part of the whole challenge. If you are unlucky you can get chomp on the tank early and at medium-ish health which can set you really far behind in terms of mana. Even if you see that you will not need PI, still use it, because it saves mana and you will need it for wave 25.

24. Flamecaller and two aqualytes. Pretty manageable. As long as both aqualytes are up, don't dispel immediately, because they can sometimes stagger. Don't bother with mass dispel unless both bombs are in melee.

25. This along with wave 9 is for me the hardest. Conqueror, hive singer and tunneler. Tunneler and hive singer for me is usually the worst thing to face, add a conqueror and it's pretty hectic. What I would do here: Keep the tank at close to full before the first aoe burst. After the first burst, circle of healing. The first chomp should go out at around the same time. Power infusion and holy word the chomp target. Renew 1-2 people if you can afford it. Right after the conqueror will enrage. Tank will usually have shield wall but use GS anyway. With PI running you should be able to afford a couple of flash heals if things get hectic. I did not use prayer of mending much, but before this wave I would pre-cast it.

26. Ripper, flamecaller, tunneler and aqualyte. Only one tunneler here. One of the more manageable waves and seems to die relatively quickly.

27. 2 conquerors and a hive singer. Sounds hard, but the hive singer dies pretty quickly, usually before it can do enough casts to put the whole party in danger. The tank will use shield wall when the conquerors enrage, which negates a lot of their damage. After the hive singer is dead, focus on keeping the tank alive. There is no aoe damage after it is dead and you can use cheap heals for the rest of the party. You can fit in a PI here and still have it ready for wave 29.

28. Ripper and 4 flamecallers. This can be pretty good or bad depending on RNG. The flamecallers cast their firebal simultaneously and can do some dangerous burst if they hit the same target. You won't have PI here and you will need to save GS for wave 30 so it's just pray that you have enough mana left from the previous waves.

29. This is the worst wave for me. Hive-singer, tunneler and aqualyte. The hive singer does a lot of damage by now and your party won't survive all its casts unless they receive some healing. In addition to that, you have to waste gcd's on the aqua bomb, but worst of all is the chomp that will decimate low hp targets and make it very hard to prepare them for the next hive singer dmg. I would do the same as on wave 25 here. Keep the tank close to full with renew, heal and flash heal until the first aoe burst, then immediately circle of healing, holy word the chomp target, power infusion and go to town with renew+flash heals+dispel. Even with PI you probably can't afford prayer of healing but if you must cast one it's better than wiping. PoM is useful here.

30. Conqueror, flamecaller and aqualyte. If you've gotten this far and have some mana left, you're pretty good to go. There is not much group damage. You have GS for the tank, and there is bloodlust available. Remember to cast mindbender after the bloodlust so it gains the benefit from haste.

So that's PI for wave 3, 5, 7 and 9. GS for wave 5 and 10

As for talents, I tried all the lv 45 talents, but ended up using mindbender. Power word: solance is completely OP when you are able to use it on cooldown. I would finish wave 20 with close to full mana with it. But wave 20-30, when I really needed the mana, I find I could not spare the GCD's to use it. Surge of light is also very good, and there is a youtube video of a holy priest beating 30 waves with it, but for me I am not skilled enough to utilize it that effectively. I think that mindbender is a good compromise. It is fire and forget and also helps a bit with dps.

From what I understand divine star doesn't seem to work on the NPC's. I picked Cascade but didn't end up using it anyway.

I would use mindbender pretty much on cooldown as long as there were mobs that would last long enough.

I don't know how much gear matters, but I was using multistrike enchants, gems and gear. And spirit in every gear slot I had it gear for it. Haste was still my largest stat however (hard to get enough multistrike). For trinkets I only had access to Ruhkan's quill and the pvp passive INT + on use versatility trinket (that I would macro to PI). I used the "cheap" flask and the provided buff food.

Deleted
    Went in as Disc today. First time with proper enchants and managed to get to wave 44 on my first attempt (gave up as I was bored) despite forgetting I had specced into Power Infusion and not using it. Spam PW:S on the party, use solace on CD and use CoW. EAA regularly and at the start of new waves. This really helped with chomp as people were fully healed and shielded. Penance and Flash Heal as needed as the damage is more like MoP. I wish I could give more detailed tactics but, aside from dispelling, that is all I really did.

I realised I can add that I found the wave with the ripper, small and large aqualytes to be more challenging for tank healing than the mogu waves. I used Pain Suppression as a reactive CD on the former wave and just used CoW for the mogu. Silence was used on singers, aqualytes or the fire adherent things depending on the wave. Shadowfiend on CD.
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2014-12-06 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    I did 37 Waves as holy. Tunnelers were a bit annoying but PW:S+Renew(+Heal/Serenity if needed) Combo worked pretty well for me. Used the Renew Glyph aswell.

Deleted
    I did up to wave 35 in the first week. Was disc in mostly normal dungeon gear, so ilvl 615~