Shadow Priest Opener DPS and how to fix it

Hey guys, my first post here. I am a competitive Shadow priest, and from this last week of testing I felt that our OPENERS lack in damage. Compared to other classes, we really don't have a big viable cooldown. Currently our only real damage cooldown is shadowfiend (I guess you can count halo?), and quite frankly its VERY weak compared to other classes (take ret pallys wings and icy veins for example). I'm here to propose something that will give our openers more damage while not overtuning anything by any means.

- Shadowfiend now allows the use of Shadow Word Death despite the targets %. This shadow word deaths cooldown will be 3 seconds, and can only be casted once before being put on cooldown. This effect does not occur with Mindbender.

I feel this will help us line up a bit more at the start of a fight. So instead of shadowfiend just doing a minimal amount of damage, it would actually interact with our abilities. This design is similar to ret pally wings (how it reduces the CD of hammer of wrath and can be used above 35%).

Any thoughts? Overpowered, underpowered, stupid? All feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Deleted
    i just want my archangel back nothing more nothing less. but i quess nothing will happen maybe some other merf to cop.shadow is doing well now but when all classes start to collect i gear i believe we are doomed.

We just need a mechanic to generate 5 shadow orbs out of combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stasis007 View Post
    We just need a mechanic to generate 5 shadow orbs out of combat.
    I heard there was a mechanic in beta that allowed the Priests orbs to persist through death. This would be ideal IMO as you could tactically generate orbs and not spend them when an incoming wipe was expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

To be fair we don't need the burst retardins have. By the end of the fight you'll be owning anyway.

Dude, Blizzard is so "pro" they even fail to see we have no aoe, because single target facemelting yields more dps no matter how many mobs we have. You can't demand them include logic in their class tuning, because there never was any involved. Just stop caring, in the end of a fight we will be owning meters anyway.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    To be fair we don't need the burst retardins have. By the end of the fight you'll be owning anyway.
    Was going to edit my reply to say that it evens out by the end of the fight, might not have the greatest burst but we're in the top 10 by the end. Plus you have to take into consideration ToF if you use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Deleted
    To be fair i just want them to fix mind sear dps since i am very close to just taking it off my bars for pve ...
    They claim that they cant buff it because they dont want it to exceed mindflays value in singletarget, except that due to their shitty lvl 100 talent design nobody uses unbuffed mindflay anymore.

I really resent blizzard for going all out just to make every single fucking mage specc not only viable but top 3 dps material, while shadow is balanced around a cookie cutter specc with little to no viable variations in playstyle. As soon as Mages aren't 100% Top tier they start crying like little bitches and get what they want. For some reason i even started to resent people for playing Mages Mainly because its basically like being born as a well hung billionaire with wings while other classes just fall out of the womb in the middle of an indian fishmarket each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    To be fair i just want them to fix mind sear dps since i am very close to just taking it off my bars for pve ...
    They claim that they cant buff it because they dont want it to exceed mindflays value in singletarget, except that due to their shitty lvl 100 talent design nobody uses unbuffed mindflay anymore.

I really resent blizzard for going all out just to make every single fucking mage specc not only viable but top 3 dps material, while shadow is balanced around a cookie cutter specc with little to no viable variations in playstyle. As soon as Mages aren't 100% Top tier they start crying like little bitches and get what they want. For some reason i even started to resent people for playing Mages Mainly because its basically like being born as a well hung billionaire with wings while other classes just fall out of the womb in the middle of an indian fishmarket each expansion.
    Basicly this.

Its utter ridiculous how much (or should i say less) damage mind sear does. i`m not using it at all unless i`m in a guild group and they understand we are worthless on aoe fights. even multiditting with more than 4 adds works better than stupid mind sear.

to top it off. i see mages who were already doing good dps getting buffed again while shadow priest are at the end of the stick once more.
    i`m getting to the point i might switch to another class. i love playing holy but shadow just feels gutted in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    I don't understand... Mages were fine as they were, around the same spot as Spriest/balance druids/Hunters/shamans. Why the hell are they getting 20/30% dmg buffs on spells to get them way ahead of all the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    I don't understand... Mages were fine as they were, around the same spot as Spriest/balance druids/Hunters/shamans. Why the hell are they getting 20/30% dmg buffs on spells to get them way ahead of all the rest?
    Because blizzard loves them, and the mage community is full of baddies who whine very very very loudly to get their way like a petulant child.

Mind seat does not need a buff. It's a filler. Our dots hitting so poorly is the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LL Hand J View Post
    Mind seat does not need a buff. It's a filler. Our dots hitting so poorly is the problem.
    You only get the CoP +40% buff to MSear if the targets are not dotted. So I'd say it's not a filler, it's a choice, either multidot or MSear.

Quote Originally Posted by Renreb View Post
    You only get the CoP +40% buff to MSear if the targets are not dotted. So I'd say it's not a filler, it's a choice, either multidot or MSear.
    Problem is, it is a choice between shit aoe (mindsear without dots), shit aoe (mindsear with dots) and shit aoe (dots without mindsear); so no choice at all.

I am making twice the aoe damage of my 652 Shadow priest with my 619 sub rogue, lol.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though