Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Ignoring the (hunter) community will lead to serious problems

I mean, do they even read forums at Blizz. This nerf was totally unnecessary. There are a few threads about it, with really good explanations, and they still ignore their community. I just simply can not understand why do they do these reckless moves. I am not saying that there should be a feral or ret nerf as well, because it is good for my raid if they deal high dps, but please guys, buff the mage, shaman and leave other classes alone, instead of **** up everything and making ppl angry, not satisfied.

Not another "the sky is falling" thread..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a huge nerf and it actually makes the 3 specs all much closer now. This is good because people can play the spec they enjoy rather than the one that they feel forced to because its 4-5% higher.

At last I dont have to hear the "hunter is op" shit in raids anymore.
    Then again, every time a hunter tops recount / skada our class is OP...

Deleted
    Guys all class are increase dmg .wtf blizz

Deleted
    I just dont understand how you can compare yourself to any melee class, you deal physical dmg and avoid every melee mechanics but you are ranged and avoid interupts mechanics ( twins). Maybe start comparing yourself to other ranged? You can move almost non stop and stop saying bullshit about losing mastery bonus( you stack crit and multistrike) when other ranged have too lose a lot more dmg than your mastery buff...

Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    It's not a huge nerf and it actually makes the 3 specs all much closer now. This is good because people can play the spec they enjoy rather than the one that they feel forced to because its 4-5% higher.
    No they are not.

All of the buffs that classes have received have been justified, they nerfed WW monks a bit which is also justified and this nerf is, as well, justified. Honestly I think a nerf to feral probably should have been done, but I'm not all that sure on that or DKs.

I'd like to know how you know you're right and Blizzard is wrong for the nerf, where's your data and analysis? The only thing you've brought to the table is a bunch of anger over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This nerf was 100% necessary and I support it. MM Hunters are still the best ranged DPS.

I do not support the lack of buffs for the other 2 specs or the lack of nerfs to Ret Paladin, Unholy DK, and Windwalker. Those specs are super broken now.

How do you work that one out? its not even close to bringing BM closer to even SV never mind MM.

As long as mages are happy then Blizzard is happy

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    Not another "the sky is falling" thread..
    BUT THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! /s

Deleted
    It's a minor nerf, a miniscule nerf even. We are still in a very good spot.

This should actually put SV on the throne on non-single (read: most HM) target fights On some of them maybe even promote use of EM

Deleted
    SV on top? Erm... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    This should actually put SV on the throne on non-single (read: most HM) target fights On some of them maybe even promote use of EM
    MM cleave and BM AoE are both still better than SV.

SV has no niche. It's worse single-target than MM, worse cleave than MM, worse burst than both other specs, and worse AoE than BM. It has no advantage over the other specs in any situation.

I say this as someone who loves Survival: there is literally zero reason to have a Survival spec right now. It's useless.

Deleted
    "Do they even read forums at Blizz?!" [✓]
    "Does Blizz even play <insert class here>??" [✓]
    "Blizz should nerf <insert other class here>! [✓]
    "Ignoring the community is literally the coming of armageddon!!!" [✓]

10 years on and some things don't ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    This nerf was 100% necessary and I support it. MM Hunters are still the best ranged DPS.
    ''Hunters are still the best ranged'' I mean holy cow if your claiming this why dont you throw in a few dozend arguments to support this statement, because surely there must be a ton if you can say we are the ''still the best'' after 3 weeks of wod, not even doing mythic raiding.

Also I fail to see why it was 100% necessary. Yes it was expected blablah, but just tell me why it was 100% nessecary. Were we going to break raids with 4% extra dmg? I dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    MM cleave and BM AoE are both still better than SV.

SV has no niche. It's worse single-target than MM, worse cleave than MM, worse burst than both other specs, and worse AoE than BM. It has no advantage over the other specs in any situation.

I say this as someone who loves Survival: there is literally zero reason to have a Survival spec right now. It's useless.
    I think being jack of all trades can be an advantage. Ok, MM has better cleave (there's like 1 fight where you can cleave most of the time in HM, which is Brackenspore) and better single target. There are 2 single target fights, 3 if you don't go to stands on Kargath. There's one AoE fight, Tectus, 2 if you go to stands on Kargath, both are, for at least 40% of time, single target, unless you aoe/cleave Shards. These fights change A LOT, one moment you need burst, another you need cleave and then you need aoe. Don't you think that spec which is decent in all of these should overtake others? Of course that depends on how much will the MM nerf hurt in reality, because if it'll still be better than surv by 10% there's no point changing, but @3-4% I think it makes sense to trade some ST/AoE dmg for more versatility over the course of fight

Especially with more changes coming and possible SV buff, but that's as good of an argument as saying something is good, because it's good;P
    Last edited by Huggykaze; 2014-12-09 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boos View Post
    Guys all class are increase dmg .wtf blizz
    I think you missed the part where shadow priests were left out of the last 3 class balancing patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    ''Hunters are still the best ranged'' I mean holy cow if your claiming this why dont you throw in a few dozend arguments to support this statement, because surely there must be a ton if you can say we are the ''still the best'' after 3 weeks of wod, not even doing mythic raiding.

Also I fail to see why it was 100% necessary. Yes it was expected blablah, but just tell me why it was 100% nessecary. Were we going to break raids with 4% extra dmg? I dont think so.
    Obviously I'm speaking about right now. Right now, MM Hunters are the best ranged. Time will tell if these adjustments to various classes change that, but as of last night's raid I still felt I was the best ranged DPS in my raid. YMMV

It was necessary because... balance? Balance is the goal. They never, ever get it right, because they suck at math, are reluctant to change things, etc... but in the end, they *try* to get classes balanced. That means buffs and nerfs. Why do I even have to explain this? Ugh.