Do you cancel insanity the instant MB comes off cooldown?

Spec feels very odd right now, how do you guys go about this?

Makes sense to me to cancel it and cast the MB, but it also feels weird to cancel an insanity....

Deleted
    I don't even play with insanity, feels like waste and I am always top in the dps meters anyways.. idk how people seem to get 1/2 of someones dps.

But if you want to play the insanity build with mind blast 4x stack etc, yes u want to cast mindblast over insanity but u want to make sure you can start casting insanity before the buff ends so you get 3-4 seconds of insanity.

EmilG, do you have logs? What rotation are you using?

10+ Year Old Account
    Insanity is nothing but a filler spell.
    MB is your nuke and orb builder.

Insanity>everything else 90% of the time. This is how you properly dotweave with CoP/Insanity: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6397

7+ Year Old Account
    Insanity is weak, I would not recommend that talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Good that you know what you are talking about.

Deleted
    Yes, but you should be doing your rotation so that you can get an Insanity off straight after that MB anyway.

Once you've got your DoTs up, you hit that MB to give 5 orbs, then you need to wait a GCD before using DP. Fill this with either Halo, Shadowfiend, PW:S or glyphed SW: D. That lets you hit Devouring Plague, cast Insanity, use Mind Blast as soon as it's back off CD (giving you 3 orbs) and then you still have a second of the Insanity buff left, which will let you cast Insanity until you DP again, follow that straight away with a MB and finish off your Insanity. Then back to the MS.

MB (4) > MS > SW: P > VT > MB (5) > free GCD > DP > Insanity (1gcd) > MB (3) > Insanity (2gcds) > DP > MB (1) > Insanity for as long as possible > Resume MS/MB

Like I said before, that free GCD you want to use on either Halo, Shadowfiend, Power Word: Shield (if you have Body and Soul and need to move or you have Glyph of Reflective Shield and you're taking damage), Shadow Word: Death if you have the glyph or maybe even just Mind Flay for one GCD. From what I've seen, the Shadow Word: Death glyph is the biggest DPS increase, but in a raiding environment I think Glyphs of Vampiric Embrace, Restored Faith, Reflective Shield, Mind Flay and Fade are better, depending on the fight.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2014-12-10 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    In Single target scenarios, there is no alternative to CoP-Insanity.
    You can use CoP-SoD on Twin Ogron and Tectus though. Basically anything with at least one permanent add but that spec sucks (and plays really weird) on single target.