Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Our warlocks do rather well on both the meters and percentiles. On Brackenspore they are alway competitive with me, and on Tectus they did very nice damage when it matters.

Previous FOTM rerollers are in for a cold shower though. Once the FOTM rerollers who are unable to carry their weight have left the warlock community the quality of parses will go up, and, you might become FOTM again. Hopefully the rest of you will be happy once again in BRF. As for those who were FOTM rerollers, might I suggest hunter? 5 buttons, top DPS, ggwp.

As for OP, utterly stupid to compare ALL the fights to make some kind of argument. You have to look at Mythic only, and specific fights. Once you do that you need to take into account roles. Kargath doing AoE is huge. Having even no warriors or balance druid in your group is huge. Having a DK for grip is huge. The same is true on Koragh, the raid comp for type of damage is also important there. On Brackenspore, you need to take the flamethrowers into account.
    Was 35 pages of "it's not just about the damage" not enough for you or something?

Deleted
    Warlocks have been shitting on warrior damage along with everyone else for the entire SoO tier. You guys can be semi medicore for a single tier. You can't expect to be SoO level OP every tier. Just be glad your treatment isn't as bad as shadow priest in SoO.

Now that warriors are up and rolling, warlocks wants to be put back on their old level. The golden age of SoO warlock age is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak View Post
    Warlocks have been shitting on warrior damage along with everyone else for the entire SoO tier. You guys can be semi medicore for a single tier. You can't expect to be SoO level OP every tier. Just be glad your treatment isn't as bad as shadow priest in SoO.

Now that warriors are up and rolling, warlocks wants to be put back on their old level. The golden age of SoO warlock age is over.
    Seriously, did you not even read the post above yours?

Let me spell it our for you, WE DON'T CARE ABOUT DAMAGE

We care about our mechanics being lousy, and we care about our talents, glyphs, and basic spells being littered with traps that impact us negatively for taking them
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Deleted
    Can we just close this thread please? All it does it draw in the scum from the front page like a moth to a flame.

Steak here being a prime example of just how dense people can be...

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Can we just close this thread please? All it does it draw in the scum from the front page like a moth to a flame.

I've tried 3 times to get the thread closed by reporting the initial thread and messaging S-Mods.

Deleted
    I find personnaly this thread helpful. I am reassured to see that people are able to trace mechanical problem et not just "damage problem". Novx, you criticize each post of those who speak. If for you the current warlock is perfect (what i respect), why not create a specific thread ?

taltha i miss my RoF too. I really hope that this spell will come back at 6.1 (at least when we have 2 or 3 targets). The same with snapshotting.

Quote Originally Posted by VirTu4L View Post
    I find personnaly this thread helpful. I am reassured to see that people are able to trace mechanical problem et not just "damage problem". Novx, you criticize each post of those who speak. If for you the current warlock is perfect (what i respect), why not create a specific thread ?

taltha i miss my RoF too. I really hope that this spell will come back at 6.1 (at least when we have 2 or 3 targets). The same with snapshotting.
    I criticize people who made blind claims. To say warlocks are currently terrible is just wrong and as we are currently we are still one of the strongest overall classes in Highmaul. That isn't to say the class is perfect but if numerous 6/7 and 7/7 Mythic players, those who have experienced every encounter in the tier so far, we may not be as bad as people want to claim. No, we aren't perfect & yes, we have issues as a class but to say they have gutted the class isn't right either. The problem with this specific thread is that it is just a giant troll bait. That isn't to say the OP intentionally named the thread in a way with the intention being negative but unfortunately when people see the thread title it ends poorly. There is a lot of valuable information in this thread but the name of the thread needs to be changed so that we don't need to deal with people coming in and posting "QQ" 5 times a day.

How exactly am I criticizing every post? If someone makes a post with wrong or otherwise misleading information I am going to correct them. There was a post a few days ago where a member of the community stated that Glyph of Havoc is an amazing glyph and should be used in numerous encounters....that is wrong. I corrected him, showed him why he was wrong, and he agreed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I criticize people who made blind claims. To say warlocks are currently terrible is just wrong and as we are currently we are still one of the strongest overall classes in Highmaul. That isn't to say the class is perfect but if numerous 6/7 and 7/7 Mythic players, those who have experienced every encounter in the tier so far, we may not be as bad as people want to claim. No, we aren't perfect & yes, we have issues as a class but to say they have gutted the class isn't right either. The problem with this specific thread is that it is just a giant troll bait. That isn't to say the OP intentionally named the thread in a way with the intention being negative but unfortunately when people see the thread title it ends poorly. There is a lot of valuable information in this thread but the name of the thread needs to be changed so that we don't need to deal with people coming in and posting "QQ" 5 times a day.

How exactly am I criticizing every post? If someone makes a post with wrong or otherwise misleading information I am going to correct them. There was a post a few days ago where a member of the community stated that Glyph of Havoc is an amazing glyph and should be used in numerous encounters....that is wrong. I corrected him, showed him why he was wrong, and he agreed.
    i think 1 of the main issues with the class currently is that you essentially need tri-spec to play optimally, in siege you could do just fine using whatever spec you wanted and that isnt really true anymore, bcoz if you arent a certain spec for a certain boss your dps is going to plain suck, where as other classes can stick with 1 spec and do just as well if not better than us when we use our optimal spec for the encounter, they really need to balance us out a bit more so you can do fine on any boss using any spec. not to mention fixing all those trap/useless talents and spells we have atm.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i think 1 of the main issues with the class currently is that you essentially need tri-spec to play optimally, in siege you could do just fine using whatever spec you wanted and that isnt really true anymore, bcoz if you arent a certain spec for a certain boss your dps is going to plain suck, where as other classes can stick with 1 spec and do just as well if not better than us when we use our optimal spec for the encounter, they really need to balance us out a bit more so you can do fine on any boss using any spec. not to mention fixing all those trap/useless talents and spells we have atm.
    I would agree that tri-spec is definitely a reality but at the same time you really don't have to tri-spec for the first 6 bosses. If you play Aff for Kargath, Ko'ragh, Brackenspore, Butcher, and Ogron while going Demo for Tectus you would be perfectly fine. Destruction is really only a required spec for Imperator Margok or if your raid needs cleave damage. For example, on our Brackenspore progression our itemlevel was fairly low and therefore I needed to focus pretty heavily on Shadowburn/Havoc cleaving the big add as well as on Spore Shooters while our other warlock, Kapelusz, went affliction for Boss damage because he was much better itemized for Affliction. After a week of extra mythic gear and heroic gear that wasn't an issue and now I get to sit on the fight because I have the chest and the belt is terrible (the smile being because I hate that fight).

I think people misunderstand at times what we mean when we say Tri-spec is a requirement because it really isn't for a large portion of the playerbase (Normal and Heroic). For those of us doing mythic I do agree that being able to tri-spec is definitely the optimal way to go.

Who even rolled a Warlock because they're FOTM anyway? Last data I saw was that Warlocks were still the least or second least played class in the game around the end of MoP.

Keep playing your Warlock! There is currently a shortage of Summoning Stones and Healthstones.

I'm sure they will get buffed.. eventually..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post

Think that's the real problem honestly, emotive titles do that. It's also a little mixed up with logs about damage in places and disucssion of specific mechanics issues in others; is kinda disjointed. I'm going to start a new thread on where I think the specific problems the class has mechanically. Numbers definitely need fixing a little, but as I said all through beta, numbers are just numbers, they're very easily fixable - although I think by now that horse has bolted and any further numbers changes won't happen until BRF when set bonuses and new fights come into play - Blizz have long said they balance around what's there, and right now, those things aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Who even rolled a Warlock because they're FOTM anyway? Last data I saw was that Warlocks were still the least or second least played class in the game around the end of MoP.
    I don't think people understand why a lot of others started trying warlock. Yes, warlocks were "FOTM" last expansion but they were also a class that got completely rebuilt from the ground up which interested a lot of people, myself included, and made me want to play warlock. Before last expansion I played a moonkin and my decision to change had nothing to do with being FOTM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak View Post

Wider picture IMHO. if they don't sort out the clear errors on a lot of classes (locks subject here for obvious reasons) its going to hurt the Game badly.
    they can tinker with the numbers as much as they want its the actual dynamics how a class plays will have a direct impact on the game as a whole.
    I.E If enough people just drop being a lock and an instance requires a lock for some special reason that's going to have an impact on everyone
    the worrying part all the concerns/issues people have were raised within Days of the Beta going live more than enough time for the Devs to see if the concerns were legitimate what we actually got were loads of unanswered posts and dismissive tweets

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post

Copy that.

Thread closed, has been derailed pretty heavily.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud