Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Didn't read the article (sorry)
    But to your statement:

\thread lol or in StayTuned's language "the post be closed governor it is, it is"
    Christopher W "Garage House Screen."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    People have been bullied since the dawn of time, why are so many committing suicide lately? Is it a matter of under-reporting 10-20 years ago, or is it our kids really are giant emotionally out of control wimps?
    When have kids never been emotionally out of control wimps? So I'm going with the first one seeing as how suicide is seriously frowned upon.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Sure, promoting violence is so much better
    Probably will make the kids back off.

Don't tell me you forgot junior high and high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    The only parenting fail is with the parents who failed to teach their kids respect and empathy. They've now killed a boy, because he didn't fit their idiotic norm. Not because he was a bad kid, not because he did anythign wrong, but because he did something they didn't approve of.

It's not with a bend over attitude like yours that social change comes around.
    Yea "social changes". Sorry I don't need my son being bullied for other people's social changes

15+ Year Old Account
    It's terribly sad, but looking at the kid and what he did, anyone would know he would be bullied. They should definitely have paid it better attention both at school and at home.

To everyone talking about social change here. This kid has full right to do cheerleading, but a kid isn't a tool to promote social change either.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-12-10 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Probably will make the kids back off.

Don't tell me you forgot junior high and high school.
    I never raised the hand against anyone. Ever.
    Hatred just brings more hatred. A bully who is strong enough to beat you up will just laugh in your face at your attempt to "retaliate".

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    12 year olds now commit suicide? da fuq?
    This is around the age where suicide skyrockets for gay teens. Puberty and the time just before it is when it becomes very, very apparent that you are not like everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never raised the hand against anyone. Ever.
    Hatred just brings more hatred. A bully who is strong enough to beat you up will just laugh in your face at your attempt to "retaliate".
    Good on you, then. You probably had competent school staff then that didn't put up with that.

Deleted
    Yea "social changes". Sorry I don't need my son being bullied for other people's social changes
    Problem is if the kid wants to do cheerleading or something, it may not be your social change, but it's absolutley his.

It's like, if he's legit just gay, and you force him to hide it because you don't want him to get bullied because you don't care about other people's social changes... end of the day, it might not matter to you but he's the one who's going to have to live in a world where it's a little bit less okay to be gay for the rest of his life.

Sure, being out and proud isn't for everyone. Not every gay person was lineing up around the block to join in the stonewall riots. But it has to be the individual's choice whether they want to express themselves in a certain way or not. You can inform them of the dangers, explain to them what will happen and so on and try to help them make the most knowlegable descision possible but in the end the descision has to be theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Good on you, then. You probably had competent school staff then that didn't put up with that.
    No, I was bullied from 5th grade straight till 10th grade. Verbally and physically. Even the teachers didn't like me.

I just knew that everyone around me was an idiot so it didn't really bother me. Hitting back would have only resulted in more shit from my school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you "considerate" with everyone who makes the dumbest mistakes?
    Yes, but being considerate doesn't mean you have to empathise or agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Problem is if the kid wants to do cheerleading or something, it may not be your social change, but it's absolutley his.

It's like, if he's legit just gay, and you force him to hide it because you don't want him to get bullied because you don't care about other people's social changes... end of the day, it might not matter to you but he's the one who's going to have to live in a world where it's a little bit less okay to be gay for the rest of his life.

Sure, being out and proud isn't for everyone. Not every gay person was lineing up around the block to join in the stonewall riots. But it has to be the individual's choice whether they want to express themselves in a certain way or not. You can inform them of the dangers, explain to them what will happen and so on and try to help them make the most knowlegable descision possible but in the end the descision has to be theirs.
    Where is this gay thing coming from? He just wanted to cheerlead, nothing says that he was in fact gay. That's just your guy's conclusion.

Parenting fail. I would not let my boy be a cheerleader.
    Should I go into how your opinion does not constitute a failure on others that don't share it? The only parenting fail I can see in this situation is on any factors the public wouldn't fully know, like how often they talked to him about cheerleading, daily private interactions, knowledge of the bullying, and whether or not any of this could've even been prevented no matter how well the parents did. Even then, lack of full support would be more of an inattention issue rather than a full fail. The support was there since the boy was a cheerleader to begin with, but we don't know how much was there or how much the parents knew.

Letting a boy be a cheerleader is not a parenting fail, so go fuck yourself.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I was bullied from 5th grade straight till 10th grade. Verbally and physically. Even the teachers didn't like me.

I just knew that everyone around me was an idiot so it didn't really bother me. Hitting back would have only resulted in more shit from my school.
    Sorry to hear that. I had my first fight in junior high, smacked someone upside the head with a book multiple times and it got tore up by the classroom before I had my ass kicked. The dude was a football player.

Worked out for me, thankfully. I was left alone after that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

And in this case, letting him take that decision literally drove him to suicide at the age of 12. Supporting your kids is important, but so is protecting them. If they're getting bullied so bad that they have to be taken out of school something has to change. If the school doesn't handle it, seek alternate solutions.

This honestly sounds like Darwinism at play here.

Tears, kek
    Last edited by Sam the Wiser; 2014-12-11 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Should I go into how your opinion does not constitute a failure on others that don't share it? The only parenting fail I can see in this situation is on any factors the public wouldn't fully know, like how often they talked to him about cheerleading, daily private interactions, knowledge of the bullying, and whether or not any of this could've even been prevented no matter how well the parents did. Even then, lack of full support would be more of an inattention issue rather than a full fail. The support was there since the boy was a cheerleader to begin with, but we don't know how much was there or how much the parents knew.

Letting a boy be a cheerleader is not a parenting fail, so go fuck yourself.
    Sure, you can go all around and change laws, create companies just for the sake of anti-discrimination, hold seminars and teach other parents to teach their children how to be a decent human being.

Or you just don't let your child go to cheer leading and save you the trouble. Gymnastics would have done the same and doesn't have that stigma attached to it.
    I'm not saying the others aren't at fault here. I'm saying the parents could have avoided this

http://www.queerty.com/bullied-to-de...rleadersuicide

Now hate me for what I said, but I am aware of the consquences which I am unable to change. So better be safe than sorry.
    Your kind of attitude is contributory to his suicide. When people cower away from social consequence, they slow progress.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Your kind of attitude is contributory to his suicide. When people cower away from social consequence, they slow progress.
    Kids are not to be used as tools for social change. This one kids welfare is far more important than progress for some social cause..

http://www.queerty.com/bullied-to-de...rleadersuicide

Now hate me for what I said, but I am aware of the consquences which I am unable to change. So better be safe than sorry.
    I understand the "better safe then sorry" but id rather my boy say he wants to do it and mega support him through it all, So he thinks "fuck you guys im doing that i love" and make him happy. Enroll him into classes for it aswell.