Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your raids loot so far?

First week of raiding is over, for the sake of my guild deciding whether or not we should stay on personal...

What loot mode are you using? (Personal or group/NbG/ML)
    How many items per boss are you getting?
    How many raiders in your group?

Excluding bonus rolls of course.

So far we're averaging 3 pieces per boss on Normal (we're 5/7N after week 1) running with 23 raiders, which seems less than stellar.

Thanks

tl;dr, you're idiots if you use personal loot in an organised setup. Having said that, looks like rngjesus shafted you a bit.

23 raiders on ML would have netted you 5-8 items more, but more importantly you gain control of the distribution.

We did personal last week and ML this week, 3/7 norm last week and 4/7 so far this week. ML has had much better results, but the sample size is so small it may mean nothing unless everyone else is experiencing the same.

ML we're getting 3 pieces per boss in a group of 13-14 people. Personal we got 1 piece from every boss except Butcher who gave 2.

Personal also dropped zero trash loot for us, and we did 2 trash clears on heroic last night with ML on and got 4 pieces. We're sticking with ML.

7/7 heroic last week 1/7 mythic so far
    We did /roll week 1 when everyone needed gear DPS>tanks>healers were given gear. Week 2 were now master looting to make sure gear gets on people who will get the most out of it now.

Good feedback so far. What is the expected number of items per boss for a raid size of 23 with ML/NbG? I would assume average 1 per 5 players, so 4, with a chance at 5?

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    Good feedback so far. What is the expected number of items per boss for a raid size of 23 with ML/NbG? I would assume average 1 per 5 players, so 4, with a chance at 5?
    It's one piece of loot per 5 players plus an additional 20% chance at an extra piece per player above the 10/15/20/35 player breakpoint. So for instance with 23 players you will get 4 pieces plus a 60% chance at a fifth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal is best if you don't care about progression and want to be "fair" with regards to loot distribution.
    Master loot is best if you wish to allocate loot selectively and manually pick who gets loot. It helps for progression much more than personal loot does. Gear op classes/players first.

We're getting 4-5pcs per Mythic boss I believe, 5-7 per Heroic boss w/ 30 in raid.
    We have 30 raiders total, only about 24 of them are rotated into our Mythic roster.

Personally, I'm 664il w/ the potential to be 668 if I upgrade items.

Deleted
    Using personal in a guild/friends run makes no sense whatsoever. Absolute madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    What loot mode are you using? (Personal or group/NbG/ML)
    How many items per boss are you getting?
    How many raiders in your group?
    Master Loot
    5 items per boss
    Raid size 22~23 people

Last night we cleared the Walled City (1st four bosses) and had 26 loot drops (20 from bosses, 6 from trash).
    Loot distribution method was a mix of suicide kings and /roll. Highest /roll won unless you previously won an item in which case next highest /roll wins.
    It does put people who won loot at a disadvantage but since they already got loot, they're usually ok with it.

Currently we're still in gearing main specs, but when we do move to gearing our OS, the rules will stipulate MS > OS > Gold for GB > Gold for Individual.

It's fairly simple and people can individually keep track of it if they wanted to.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    0/6 so far...

Not off to a great start :/

Master looting seems pretty good right now. We are getting 5-6 pieces per boss with about 25 people or so. I personally have gotten several pieces, though mostly from bonus rolls. I've gotten 9 pieces of loot, which i think is pretty atypical. Our group isn't very plate heavy, which is nice. Apparently most of my guild has only gotten 3-4 pieces so I have gotten lucky with bonus rolls.
    Last edited by Varabently; 2014-12-11 at 09:43 PM.

14 boss kills, 6 rerolls, 1 drop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Currently we're still in gearing main specs, but when we do move to gearing our OS, the rules will stipulate MS > OS > Gold for GB > Gold for Individual.
    Just curious. In what scenario does your GB not want the gold so that individuals will get an item? Not for vendoring BoP stuff I presume?

We've used Personal for the first couple weeks but we'll be switching to ML next week now that most of us have picked up a few pieces. We're only 6/7 NM 1/7 H but everyone's gotten at least one piece.

Deleted
    The yield is far bigger with ML than with PL.

Deleted
    ML is much better than personal in a large organized group. The loot yield is calculated by formula of Loot = player number / 5, so having 15 players will net 3 guaranteed drops. 17 players will net 3 guaranteed and 40% chance for fourth drop - some bosses will drop 3 items, some will drop 4.

Not only is this better for overall loot yield, it also gives you control at who gets what. Personal loot is just total RNG, you can run into a situation where you don't get ANY loot from a boss, or raiders get duplicate loot they already have and just vendor it (while on ML this loot would get awarded to player that actually needs it)

Ya this is happening to us, week 1 personal loot went fine. Me and another were the worst off with 1 drop each, but the rest of the raid did really well, so it was all good. This week however people have got some duplicate loot, I am still on a single drop and another 3 of 2 drops. It's a pain because we have only one mail and 4 plate wearers in the raid so personal loot seemed the best route but in after next week I'd say we will be rethinking it

1 / 4 so far, including bonus rolls.

We used ML even in the first week. This week on our hc kargath kill 2 fist weapons dropped so our monk was very happy (and got hands i think with his bonusroll). This would not have been possible with personal loot.

I am quite sure personal for 1-3 IDs might work out but on the same note I don´t think it makes a difference. And since most of us don´t raid for the loot but rather the boss kills and the fun with our team it doesn´t mater that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    ML is much better than personal in a large organized group. The loot yield is calculated by formula of Loot = player number / 5, so having 15 players will net 3 guaranteed drops. 17 players will net 3 guaranteed and 40% chance for fourth drop - some bosses will drop 3 items, some will drop 4.
    So far so good.
    But what is the personel chance to get an item? The formula for ML is found everywhere on google. But if i search for personal drop% i dont find anything.

@Topic: We use ML with a Stacklootsystem so everyone should get the same from the raid.
    We killed 2 bosses last week with 30 people and 2 with 27 and we get 27 items (5 from trash).