Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    wild guess ...2027 earliest. IF they decide to let the two code monkeys finish what they've started years ago while working on titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    wild guess ...2027 earliest. IF they decide to let the two code monkeys finish what they've started years ago while working on titan.
    - Beta play for Heroes of the Storm starts in Jan 2015.

So Blizzard has "only" a new SC2 expansion in the pipeline and Overwatch...

Pardo was proud last year they finally released a game within ONE year after the annoucement (Hearthstone), so it is quite clear new Blizzard games (expansions) will be launched within 1-1.5 year after their annoucements in the future.

Overview will probably launch before of just after the new WOW expansion on PC, with the console versions around 6-9 months later.

Target dates in view of the stockholder conferences and needed yearly revenue limits: Jan -June 2016.

Heroes of the Storm will launch around Oct/Nov 2015, with Overwatch following it 5-7 months after this.

The game was ready at BlizzCon 2014 btw...

Now the rest of the timing is related to marketing the product: cartoons, comics, miniatures etc being made.

------

My guess is that the most time as of now will be invested in the marketing and franchising of the product's figures/worlds.

Overwatch is a TYPICAL product you can sell on many levels (from toys to collector items to the final video game).

Btw: Blizzard already stated this at BlizzCon. They will create "Lore" more outside of the game than any other game of the Blizzard stable. Read comics, novels, collectables, boardgames etc ...

They simply will launch it as one huge franchise. It would not even surprise me they will add movies to it a few years down the road.

Blizzard and Activision will be all over the new franchise when it will launch.

And since the group has now expertise with marketing toys and the earlier franchised side products of Warcraft and Starcraft etc... they will launch these things the moment Overwatch will hit the street.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit that Houses like Fantasy Flight Games etc are already developping board or card games around the Overwatch theme.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2015-01-05 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2016 Simultaneous launch with consoles.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2015-01-07 at 07:06 AM.

2016, i dont think well see it in 2015, which is sad, i really wanna play it!!!!!!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The next Activision-Blizzard quarterly results meeting is February 5th, so most likely that would be the next chance at a hint for a timeline. But without more concrete info yet and taking a best guess, I think BenBos above is probably on the right track. At a high-level Blizz wants to show they are producing multiple new products throughout the year, and they will want to spread out the releases across different products. So a Heroes release mid-year and Overwatch in the Holiday season would probably be on the optimistic end but would be at least reasonably possible. I would be surprised if we don't at least get a window for the planned Overwatch release at that 2/5 financial results meeting. It might be a wide window like 2H 2015 or simply "in 2016" though.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Half Life 3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Isn't there supposed to be a beta this month or something?
    There was never as far as I am aware a fixed time stated, only that it was if I recall "early 2015" or "sooner than we think" which is very vague.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhu View Post
    Yup, I'm with you on this one. They never said that Overwatch was part of project Titan. I don't however clearly remember what they said but it was something in line that they used sketches of characters and other bits and pieces (art, models ..) from Titan.
    They said that they were able to re-use many assets from titan for overwatch which is why it will be released sooner than we would think.

Edit: http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/7/717...tch-titan-maps
    Last edited by TheSerialSniper; 2015-01-17 at 01:09 PM.

Titan was going to be an MMO with a story that sounded (to me) something like The Secret World. Set on earth, and by day you were a regular joe running a business or something (I'm guessing this would've been how professions worked) and by night you fight crime and aliens and whatnot.

Bit of an odd concept IMO, anyway they decided their heart wasn't in it and shelved it to work on Overwatch instead. Apparently Overwatch was a competing concept they'd come up with towards the end of their work on Titan. Some of the concepts are superficially similar (ie, set on earth in the near future) so apparently a very small number of concepts/designs were reused, but essentially they're completely separate projects.

P.S. I assume there'll be a technical alpha, maybe about the time HoTS launches? Anyway, I better get an invite to this one because I expect to be all up in this bitch, as the kids say these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Titan was going to be an MMO with a story that sounded (to me) something like The Secret World. Set on earth, and by day you were a regular joe running a business or something (I'm guessing this would've been how professions worked) and by night you fight crime and aliens and whatnot.

Bit of an odd concept IMO, anyway they decided their heart wasn't in it and shelved it to work on Overwatch instead. Apparently Overwatch was a competing concept they'd come up with towards the end of their work on Titan. Some of the concepts are superficially similar (ie, set on earth in the near future) so apparently a very small number of concepts/designs were reused, but essentially they're completely separate projects.

P.S. I assume there'll be a technical alpha, maybe about the time HoTS launches? Anyway, I better get an invite to this one because I expect to be all up in this bitch, as the kids say these days.
    it was more like they realized that wow's sub was increasing/staying stable and adding another mmo to the market wasn't going to boost sales only take it away from a different department. I would imagine the entire project was scrapped at all but shelved until they decide to take wow has reached it's end. Given their attitudes towards that I imagine that will only happen once people start quitting the game in mass and don't come back for expansions. Considering WOD has brought their numbers back up to Cata levels we can expect wow to live a very long time. To summarize Titan will be their retirement plan for wow unless something better comes along.

As far as release of the game goes it won't be this year for sure. The game itself had several unfinished parts. To whoever stated that it was already completed I'm afraid you're mistaken. Many of the champions needed rework and tuning. They have virtually no levels finished and they are going to want to set up deals with sony/microsoft for making console versions if they want any real revenue from it outside merchandising.

2017/2018 knowing blizzard they probably have no idea what they are doing with that game either

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    it was more like they realized that wow's sub was increasing/staying stable and adding another mmo to the market wasn't going to boost sales only take it away from a different department. I would imagine the entire project was scrapped at all but shelved until they decide to take wow has reached it's end. Given their attitudes towards that I imagine that will only happen once people start quitting the game in mass and don't come back for expansions. Considering WOD has brought their numbers back up to Cata levels we can expect wow to live a very long time. To summarize Titan will be their retirement plan for wow unless something better comes along.
    Don't know why people got so attached to Titan, knowing nothing but the codename. Blizzard has a history of investing a lot into a project and then canning it when they decide it's not up to their standards (SC:Ghost/Warcraft Adventures). I think it's pretty clear Titan is another.

Based on what they revealed I think they made the right call. Seriously doubt they'd try to make that their next MMO when WoW eventually subsides, it'd be lucky to get much more than a niche following based on their descriptions of it. Really the most likely explanation is that what they said happened, happened. They made it and didn't like it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    With Half Life 3
    dont forget L4d3

Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post
    It'll probably get scrapped due to lack of time.
    oh gosh, Starcraft: Ghost 2.0 - I would laugh so hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said that some of the tech they developed for Titan made its way into Overwatch, but not the concept. Some of the tech is even in WoW now. Titan got scrapped and melted down to be used in the other games. Overwatch benefited from some of it, but it's not just a condensed Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't know why people got so attached to Titan, knowing nothing but the codename. Blizzard has a history of investing a lot into a project and then canning it when they decide it's not up to their standards (SC:Ghost/Warcraft Adventures). I think it's pretty clear Titan is another.

Based on what they revealed I think they made the right call. Seriously doubt they'd try to make that their next MMO when WoW eventually subsides, it'd be lucky to get much more than a niche following based on their descriptions of it. Really the most likely explanation is that what they said happened, happened. They made it and didn't like it enough.
    not really attached to it, just stating that they just scrap those projects. Granted "Titan" will never see the light of day but gameplay mechanics, levels, character developement, etc will get scavenged and thrown into their other games and potential future games.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    not really attached to it, just stating that they just scrap those projects. Granted "Titan" will never see the light of day but gameplay mechanics, levels, character developement, etc will get scavenged and thrown into their other games and potential future games.
    Like I keep saying, they specifically addressed this at Blizzcon, apparently very little was migrated across.

Given the nature of Titan that's not surprising, it doesn't match the other Blizzard universes very well.

Probably 2017, 2016 at the very earliest. Ppl who are saying late 2015 must be trolling. The game was just announced like 2 months ago...
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Probably 2017, 2016 at the very earliest. Ppl who are saying late 2015 must be trolling. The game was just announced like 2 months ago...
    Beta was supposed to come out "early 2015", so if they keep their promise with that.. 1 could be reasonable expecting beta lasting less than 6 months, hence 2015 launch date.

Now sure they can go really long with the Beta, but somehow I doubt it is going to be long as there ain't many things to do anymore exept making things run proper with a large crowd and balance the classes. Now if they will add actual story content to the game, it would probably take longer.

Deleted
    My guess would be third or fourth quarter of 2016. Depending on when the "early 2015" beta will start. Been very quiet so far.