Deleted

MW trouble on Butcher Heroic

Hello,
    I can't post links, sorry for having to copy paste:
    NOTE: I do know about my Chi waste, already corrected that through a day of practice in PuGs.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/WBQA23KL4hNvGfry#
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Anmei/simple

I've attempted the fight with my guild, healing setup: Resto Druid, Disc Priest, Holy Priest, MW Monk (me).
    Out of all those, I'm producing the lowest HPS on extended fights. I am not standing in melee. I've done some homework and found out that I was wasting buttloads of Chi and through improving that aspect went from 22-24k HPS to 27-28k HPS average while simply spamming Uplift while doing some minor single target healing.
    I got that improvement from healing PuGs and also in one of the PuGs I was put on tank duty, so I had to heal the tanks mostly, which amounted to me reaching 35k HPS and running out of mana around 15%.
    Now, my problem is, I can see all those Monks on WarcraftLogs pushing 40k+ HPS on 22 man groups. How is that even possible (just standing in melee group and RJW?)?
    Is there something terribly wrong with my itemisation and/or healing style?
    Last edited by mmoc2588612435; 2014-12-13 at 04:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should ask to be in melee, yes. It helps with SCK/RJW and you can go into Crane Stance while the damage is low.

Which level 90 talent did you take? I ask because I don't see any healing done by any of the 3 possible choices. Did you take one of them and simply not use it? That's a potentially large source of healing you're missing out on right there.
    Twitter: @Monkioh
    Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/monkioh

i hope im reading the logs right. im new to this but here it goes

some things i see are that you have chi burst but i dont see you using it at all? any talent in that set is a free heal so its worth using whenever you can, especially if you are having mana problems. if you dont like the cast time, get chi wave instead. also i dont see you really using RJW, so maybe for the fight get chi torpedo (again another free heal) or xuen for eminence healing. you need to be using everything you have. if you are still having mana problems, look at getting chi brew or ascension. i dont really find powerstrikes that useful for healing. i cant tell if you used life cocoon or not, but make sure you do because it will boost your hots on that target and is really good if you are on tank duty.

with two druids it can be pretty hard and so it is very very important to communicate your revival and for them to communicate their tranqs. if any of those over lap one if not all of you will be pretty much screwed hps wise.

your stats and such look fine to me, just seems like you havent gotten very lucky with gem slots.

you are looking good so far tho! good luck! monks can be tricky.

Deleted
    I was sitting on RJW most of the time, decided against using it due to mana problems every time I was in a situation I could use it effectively. Later on in PuGs, I switched to Xuen and used it on CD. I think using Chi Torpedo would require me to be in melee and so far I wasn't allowed to.
    My Chi Burst usage was terrible, yeah. I was pretty scared that somebody would die, so I kept using instant heals with Uplift as the only cast time spell.

I'm gonna try Chi Torpedo next time I get to do the fight and ask to be in melee again. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by mmoc2588612435; 2014-12-13 at 04:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Person View Post
    I'm gonna try Chi Torpedo next time I get to do the fight and ask to be in melee again. Thanks for the help.
    Chi Torpedo is awful for this fight if you're going to be in the melee as far as I understand it. If you torpedo out you'll make the groups uneven which will cause the other melee group to start taking stacks of the debuff which will cause wipes. I'd take RJW if you're going to be in melee and try to only use it when you're group is eating the debuff.

Deleted
    You can jump right before using Torpedo/Roll and you're going to only move a couple of yards. It's a popular way of avoiding wasting time while using Chi Torpedo.

Deleted
    The larger the group for butcher the easier it is for me to heal - but when we tried it as a small 10man it was a nightmare (even though a few ppl were undergeared alts). I was in the melee and RJW was expensive, uplift didn't do enough fast enough and surging rinsed me as I ofc also had to help out with the other stacked group. But in our normal raid comp of 20+ ez pez. Damn the nicheness.

Is RJW not good in a 13man-team? I have tried it and got about 31k hps......then oom when boss 27%hp.I just heal four people taken cleave(including me)....my ilv is 647

Just find a log warcraftlogs.com/reports/qB1vc6rQHbfz4VYP#

It seems that he used SooM+SM+EM and got 39k hps at ilv640?
    another diffrent is we chage when stack3,that log change at 2.

Quote Originally Posted by frank161616 View Post
    Is RJW not good in a 13man-team? I have tried it and got about 31k hps......then oom when boss 27%hp.I just heal four people taken cleave(including me)....my ilv is 647

Just find a log warcraftlogs.com/reports/qB1vc6rQHbfz4VYP#

It seems that he used SooM+SM+EM and got 39k hps at ilv640?
    another diffrent is we chage when stack3,that log change at 2.
    It is always good if you can heal 6 or more people with it. It is not an efficient spell at all though, so if you are going oom use chi torpedo instead as you can use the rest of your mana for more uplifts and get more hps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    It is always good if you can heal 6 or more people with it. It is not an efficient spell at all though, so if you are going oom use chi torpedo instead as you can use the rest of your mana for more uplifts and get more hps.
    Because of how strong RJW is, it's is almost always better to take more mana regen via trinkets and use RJW than to take xuen or torpedo and use trinkets with no regen and more throughput. I'm using RJW + Everburning Candle + Stage 3 Winged Hourglass and I am not having mana issues, while still pulling considerable HPS. You don't want to spam RJW, you want to use it at times when it's going to be used to it's fullest or near fullest potential.

Standing in melee and using RJW is very potent healing. Also, as Monkioh said, Fistweaving during lower damage portions of the fight (i.e. while the group you are standing with in melee isn't the one taking stacks or anytime before your melee group has taken 2 stacks of the cleave.) I basically fistweave until my melee group hits three stacks, then I switch over to Serpent, toss out my ReMs, RJW as much as needed, and then rinse and repeat until the fight is over.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing with RJW as has been said, is it target caps at 6. If you're using it on less than 6 in a stacked group, you're wasting mana AND throughput.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!