Leveling outside LFD: disc or shadow?

I'm wanting to work up a priest mostly via solo questing. Do folks favor discipline or shadow for that?

(I figure I can always break down and heal some, and I like disc for that. This is about times when it's my character alone with the universe.)

Absolutely shadow. Shadow is a really smooth leveler with strong dots and shadowfiend+fade for rares/elites. I'd definitely get the reflective shield glyph too. On my priest I rarely dropped below 80% health multidotting everything. When you need topping off just DP something and let it die to the DP.

Disc is much slower. Haven't actually tried it myself, but I've seen discs tickle quest mobs and it didn't look very efficient

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Absolutely shadow. Shadow is a really smooth leveler with strong dots and shadowfiend+fade for rares/elites. I'd definitely get the reflective shield glyph too. On my priest I rarely dropped below 80% health multidotting everything. When you need topping off just DP something and let it die to the DP.

Disc is much slower. Haven't actually tried it myself, but I've seen discs tickle quest mobs and it didn't look very efficient
    Pretty much this. Glyph of Mind Harvest was useful while leveling... One MB/DP would kill just about anything. DP heals / PWS (with reflective shield) are more than enough to keep you topped off and you can kill much faster as shadow.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Thanks, both of you!