Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooja View Post
    When the "cast bar" moves from right to left, it's just a global cooldown indicator. Basically there should ALWAYS be a bar of some sort moving in that spot, either because of a cast (left to right) or a global cooldown triggered by instant casts (right to left).
    Thanks for clearing this up as i dont use gnosis :P, I might actually get it though as it looked quite nice vs the standard Elvui cast bar.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorthi View Post
    The best way to do it is following:
    1. clone your castbar (using the copy castbar option); set bartype to "Multi-Spell Timer"
    2. go to "Hide castbar" tab, enter following timer configuration:

gcd hidden="exact name of the original castbar" : any

This will always show either casts/channels or your global cooldown, but never both at the same time (and always prioritizing casts/channels due to the hidden="castbar name" option). To get a similar result to Ariadne's solution, you also have to invert the bar direction.
    Thanks mate. Always wondered how I can make my Surge of Light Flash Heals trigger GCD bar and now it does. <3

I was wondering if there was a way one could acquire your UI Ariadne in it's current state. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTyke View Post
    I was wondering if there was a way one could acquire your UI Ariadne in it's current state. Thanks!
    Same! That is BA and clean!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just now compared my two methods of dot weaving in Skada and here's what I got:

(4 Orbs) MS > SWP > VT > MB > DP > Insanity x2 > MB > DP > Insanity x1 > MB was yielding higher DPS than the method that was just shown above just in my personal case. I'm 99% sure I was doing it correctly, but it was 15k for my method to 14.6k for the method in this thread. I am very curious as to why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraug View Post
    I just now compared my two methods of dot weaving in Skada and here's what I got:

(4 Orbs) MS > SWP > VT > MB > DP > Insanity x2 > MB > DP > Insanity x1 > MB was yielding higher DPS than the method that was just shown above just in my personal case. I'm 99% sure I was doing it correctly, but it was 15k for my method to 14.6k for the method in this thread. I am very curious as to why that is.
    That is how I've been doing it as well, the other method didn't yield as much DPS for me either, but I wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

using the same thing yealding better results atm. but as you menioned its quite a small difference.

The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

(4 Orbs) MS > SWP > VT > MB > DP > Insanity x2 > MB > DP > Insanity x1 > MB
    ...and then? Are there still Insanity ticks available? SWP and VT are still ticking (just about to end), so... we MS or Insanity for... 2 ticks, before the next MB?

10+ Year Old Account
    This was incredibly useful.

Thank you!

Deleted
    Thanks for the video. I have one question. I can dotweave relatively well and consistently well but something has been nagging at me. I have just below 20% haste raid buffed, how many mind spikes should I use between mind blasts, 2 or 3? I can just barely mind blast after the 2nd mind spike so it seems that the 3rd mind spike might be delaying the dotweave slightly.

Deleted

Yes, that's one variation I've seen and discussed with one of the guys in my guild. It does yield one more Insanity tick at the cost of not doing anything for 0.5 second because you can't cast DP instantly after MB. My rotation is based of the guides out there so people have a consistency when reading the guides and watching my video. Having said that though, I don't think the difference between the two rotations are large enough to be noticeable on a DPS meter. I haven't noticed much difference at least when I tried them both.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTyke View Post
    Sorry, there isn't. You just have to copy the WA's yourself from the link I posted earlier in the thread and try making it yourself if you want a similar UI.

Deleted
    Hi Ariadne thanks for the video really helps, i have some problems with gnosis tho. It cant get it to show ticks of mindflay during DP and it doesn't hide my current bar. Is there anyway you can maybe post your settings or maybe upload your string? Would be very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Thanks for the video. I have one question. I can dotweave relatively well and consistently well but something has been nagging at me. I have just below 20% haste raid buffed, how many mind spikes should I use between mind blasts, 2 or 3? I can just barely mind blast after the 2nd mind spike so it seems that the 3rd mind spike might be delaying the dotweave slightly.
    As far as i know you should be able to pull off 3 mind spikes at around 17% haste.
    I dont have the numbers at the moment. but including the gcd it should work our just fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgotta View Post
    Hi Ariadne thanks for the video really helps, i have some problems with gnosis tho. It cant get it to show ticks of mindflay during DP and it doesn't hide my current bar. Is there anyway you can maybe post your settings or maybe upload your string? Would be very helpful
    It should work if you follow the steps outlined in this thread. But here are the strings: http://pastebin.com/yeu6CM48

The cooldown of mindblast changes based on your haste. I believe Blizzard did this intentionally for the sole purpose of preventing haste "plateaus" or softcaps. Because of this, no matter what your haste is, you should always fit in 3 spikes between mindblasts. The haste will reduce the spike cast time, but also reduces the CD on mindblast at an equal % improvement, as to never result in a "cap" where you would switch from 3 to 2 spikes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooja View Post
    The cooldown of mindblast changes based on your haste. I believe Blizzard did this intentionally for the sole purpose of preventing haste "plateaus" or softcaps. Because of this, no matter what your haste is, you should always fit in 3 spikes between mindblasts. The haste will reduce the spike cast time, but also reduces the CD on mindblast at an equal % improvement, as to never result in a "cap" where you would switch from 3 to 2 spikes.
    Well when heroism is used, I can easily fit 2 mind spikes rather than go up to 3.

Well when heroism is used, I can easily fit 2 mind spikes rather than go up to 3.
    You're definitely experiencing some downtime there, where MB is still on CD and you could use another MS even if it clips .2 or .3 seconds over...
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Quote Originally Posted by Lorthi View Post
    The best way to do it is following:
    1. clone your castbar (using the copy castbar option); set bartype to "Multi-Spell Timer"
    2. go to "Hide castbar" tab, enter following timer configuration:

gcd hidden="exact name of the original castbar" : any

This will always show either casts/channels or your global cooldown, but never both at the same time (and always prioritizing casts/channels due to the hidden="castbar name" option). To get a similar result to Ariadne's solution, you also have to invert the bar direction.
    I'm having trouble how to set this up. Firstly: inverting the newly copied bar's direction changes direcition of both casts and GCDs, while in Ariadne's video casts go right, and GCDs go left.
    Secondly, the new bar doesn't show ticks nor latency.
    Last edited by solshine2510; 2014-12-25 at 01:25 AM.

No you can't. If you are only casting 2 MS between every MB, you are sitting there for like 0.4sec doing nothing. Rule 1# of "How to do proper Dps": NEVER stop casting. NEVER. You just broke rule 1#. Don't break rule 1#, it's not good for your Dps.

This is not the proper way to DotWeave, and I suggest that anybody who is using this rotation should reconsider what they are doing. You are getting 8 Insanity ticks from this, compared to the 12 you are getting from the one shown in the video. The only way you could possibly get higher dmg from this, is if you are MAJORLY fucking up the one in the vid. Funny enough, I'm pretty sure that this is the rotation we will be using once we get our t17 4set, with a 3rd MFI sequence at the end, but regardless, it's shit atm.

How to DoTWeave properly:
    - Never cast DP directly after MB (which you do twice in your rotation).
    - Don't spike your DoTs off early (which you are also doing, since your rotation is over prematurly)
    - Cast SW:P before VT to make them end at the same time

This results in a few different combinations depending on which GCD you start on (there are 4 different possible GCDs to start on).

Rotation 1# - Starting on the 1st GCD after the MB that gives you 4 OR 5 orbs:
    MB (5) > SW:P > VT > DP (2) > MB (3)> MFI > MFI > MFI (3 GCDs, 2 casts) > MB (4) > filler > DP (1) > MFI > MB (2) > MFI > MFI (2 GCDs, 1 cast) > (this is where your DotWeave rotation would usually end) filler > MB (3) > filler > DP (0) > MFI > MB (1) > MFI > MFI > resume MS/MB spam.

The bolded part is for extending for a 3rd MFI sequence during Hero (especially good with Hero AND Shards of Nothing). Yes, your DoTs will expire sometime while you are doing the extra MFI sequence, but that's better than spiking your DoTs off too early (and way better than not DoTWeaving at all). If starting on 4 orbs, the rotation is exactly the same, just subtract 1 from each orb-count behind the MBs and DPs. The downside with starting at 4, is that you can't extend the Weave during Hero, because you lack 1 orb at the end.

Rotation 2# - starting on the 3rd GCD after the MB that gives you 4 orbs (the one Ariadne is using in the vid): MB (4) > MS > MS > SW:P > MB (5) > VT > DP (2) > MFI > MB (3) > MFI > MFI (2 GCDs, 1 cast) > DP (0) > MB (1) > MFI > MFI > MFI (3 GCDs, 2 casts) > MB (2) > resume MS/MB spam.

This one can also be extended during Hero, but I very much recommend using the above one for that. If you analyze both rotations, you can see that this one is 3 GCDs away from your 3rd orb when it ends, while the above one is 1 GCD away. In this one, your DoTs are also applied 2 and 1 GCDs earlier than in the above one, resulting in them them falling off even earlier in your 3rd MFI sequence.

Rotation 3# - Starting on the 2nd GCD after your 4th orb: MB (4) > MS > SW:P > VT > MB (5) > filler > DP (2) > MFI > MB (3) > MFI > MFI (2 GCDs, 1 cast) > DP (0) > MB (1) > MFI > MFI > MFI (2 GCDs, 1 cast) > MB (2) > resume MS/MB spam.

This rotation is pretty much the same as 2#, except that the actual Weave is started later, which results in your DoTs falling off earlier. The only time you would ever use this, is if the movement in the fight prevents you from doing 1# or 2#, but I can't think of a single fight in the entire game where that can happen.

........ Seriously, don't stop casting.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2014-12-25 at 02:52 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

So do you guys delay mind blast while casting the 3 insanity?