Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arms got way too many attacks ?

Ok so my main spec is furry and i decided to try out arms for fun

and there just too many attacks...

fury got Raging blow , Wild Strike , Bloodthirst , execute

now i changed my specialization to arms and i am getting

colossus smash , Whirlwind, Mortal strike , Rend , Sweeping strike , execute , Slam if you spec into it...

so 7 abilities over 4 in fury ? its way too much i don't have keybinds for everything in arms...

Blizzard said they would trim down our abilities this expansion but they did horrible job with arms

its not fun to press 7 abilities i would much rather have only 3 and some procs but 7 buttons this really annoying rotation

Deleted
    Slam is shit and Arms cooldowns are a lot higher (you really want to let Rend expire and renew right away for bonus dmg).
    Sweeping Strike is only for cleaving.
    People argue that Arms is boring because our only rage dump is Whirlwind, which is awkward for single target fights.
    You also forgot Whirlwind for Fury.

youre gonna make me puke

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Healer View Post
    (you really want to let Rend expire and renew right away for bonus dmg).
    no you dont, it "pops" either way, it's based on dot time, not expiration
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    7 keybinds is too much? Wow.

Don't feed the trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gee, if only they made action bars with 12 buttons on them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbelly View Post
    7 keybinds is too much? Wow.
    7 comfortable keybinds for attacks ? what about all the other 20-abilities we have ? its not only our rotation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    7 comfortable keybinds for attacks ? what about all the other 20-abilities we have ? its not only our rotation
    1¬6
    alt+1¬6
    shift+1¬6
    ctrl+1¬6
    z,x,c,v,f,r

Also:
    shift/alt/ctrl+ Left click, Right Click, Wheel Click, Scroll Up, Scroll Down,

45 reasonably comfortable mouse and keybinds
    Dont know what you're complaining about.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2014-12-14 at 08:50 AM.

I'm an arms warrior and fury has too few abilities. Fury has so few abilities to choose from that it just feels weird, arms is in a great spot right now with the amount of abilities. Just give arms piercing howl and I'm satisfied. Warrior as a whole is once again really fun to play regardless of specc, but I would like to make a few changes to some abilities in speccs, and arms pulls ahead in terms of fun and satisfaction with gameplay and abilities.

If you spec into [Slam] as arms, then you deserve to struggle. Same if you use Sweeping Strikes for single target. I have absolutely no problems. Pressing 1-6, have f and g. The other "20" abilities? Not quite. Many of them are used once or twice a fight and are some sort of cooldown, defensive or offensive. So warriors get to still be utility? Well thank fuck for that because if not we probably wouldnt be top of the list to be brought to single target fights!!

Arms is really comfortable at the moment, not too much but enough to actively be doing stuff. Time for you to 'Warrior Up' boy!

Deleted
    8/10, could have been a 10 if I actually started answering properly.
    Thanks for the chuckle kind sir.

Deleted
    Arms dont have to many. Fury have to few. I'm currently playing as a prot tank switching to gladiator while questing and I always thought arms was the nobrainer spec that didnt require any skill at all, turns out to be fury being the brainless spec.

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    Ok so my main spec is furry and i decided to try out arms for fun

and there just too many attacks...

fury got Raging blow , Wild Strike , Bloodthirst , execute

now i changed my specialization to arms and i am getting

colossus smash , Whirlwind, Mortal strike , Rend , Sweeping strike , execute , Slam if you spec into it...

so 7 abilities over 4 in fury ? its way too much i don't have keybinds for everything in arms...

Blizzard said they would trim down our abilities this expansion but they did horrible job with arms

its not fun to press 7 abilities i would much rather have only 3 and some procs but 7 buttons this really annoying rotation
    I really hope this is a troll.

First off, if you are going to count abilities, do it right.

Fury has 5 non-talented attacks: Bloodthirst, Wild Strike, Raging Blow, Execute and Whirlwind.
    Arms has 5 non-talented attacks: Mortal Strike, Colossus Smash, Whirlwind, Rend and Execute. Sweeping Strikes could be counted but it is not an attack, it is an off-gcd buff. When you need to use it, you can basically spam the key endlessly, as it will only use it once the cooldown/duration is up.

The important part to remember is that for Arms, Colossus Smash and Rend are only used 1/20 seconds, which means that an Arms Warrior in general presses the same amount of buttons less often than a Fury Warrior would. It should also be noted that when Execute is available, Whirlwind and Mortal Strike are removed from the rotation, simplifying it even further. Similarly, if Slam is talented, it is used in place of Whirlwind, so it really isn't an extra attack. The only time Whirlwind would be used would be AoE situations, but if you are in those situations, you wouldn't be talenting Slam anyways.

End result? Rotationally, Arms only has 3-4 non-talented attacks (that they use at one time to inact a particular rotation). You either use MS, CS, Rend, WW for ST; Rend, WW and SS for AoE; or CS, Rend and Execute sub 20%. Neither spec has anything close to the amount of rotational abilities as a Ret Paladin or Enhancement Shaman. Even talking total keybinds Warriors are on the low end compared to most classes.

TLDR: They have the same number of attacks though Arms are used less frequently; your post is either severely misinformed or a really bad attempt at trolling.

Slam is shit and Arms cooldowns are a lot higher (you really want to let Rend expire and renew right away for bonus dmg).
    People argue that Arms is boring because our only rage dump is Whirlwind, which is awkward for single target fights.
    Renewing Rend with less than 5 seconds left still results in the bonus dmg, no need to let it fall off.

Deleted
    If warriors have too many attacks, then feral druids are inhumane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Renewing Rend with less than 5 seconds left still results in the bonus dmg, no need to let it fall off.
    Didnt actually know that. thx!

and btw, arms have no way near to many buttons. just macro charge with rend and/or hamstring. and macro ww with sweeping strikes. atleast i do that for pvp and it works perfect.

get out

/tenchar

uhm no, refresh it when it has less than 5 sec remaining, you still get the damage burst. never let it fall off.

Arms has a few more buttons than fury sure, but not so many that you run out of easy keybinds. Maybe you just arent using your keybinds effectively.
    for example, i use 1 through 5, then Shift-Q/W/E/R and Shift-A/S/D. it find it pretty convienent.

awful troll 0/10