Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Quest With Most Feeling in WoD?

What quest, for you, hit you the most in the feels?

I'd have to say it's a tossup between [A Pilgrimage Gone Awry] and [An Old Friend], with Gar'rok in Nagrand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Shovel quest in hillsbrad. I got feels all over me. And other things like blood and brain tissue too.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2014-12-13 at 10:46 PM.

Far away in the Barrens, a quest that made me for one of the few times in my gaming career cry; a quest where you visited shrines to fallen Shu'halo chieftains. The story was... was...

Legend of Stalvan. Alliance first long quest chain Prior to Cata ofc.

The thread is about WoD's quests :P

I can't really think of one that had feeling, probably the quest where we raided Garrosh's base and the moment we fought again.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The thread is about WoD's quests :P
    Well in that case it'd have to be down to either the Talador or Nagrand endings. The feels... the tears.

You know the event quest in Blasted Lands for WoD? Those gave me the most feelings, feelings of disgust.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    And justice for thrall, finishing hellscream's long tragic story was the height of the expansion for me.

I believe the quest is Darkness Falls. It's the end of Shadowmoon Valley (essentially) and the defining moment of the Shadowmoon Clan's fate. While the bit with Maraad and Yrel in Shattrath was inspirational it wasn't nearly as "touching."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    And justice for thrall, finishing hellscream's long tragic story was the height of the expansion for me.
    Yep Thrall showing up out of nowhere to kill steal did really upset me too

The Battle for Thunder Pass. Seeing the aftermath and seeing Gan'ar's frostwolf pawing at the rubble after he dies made me so sad
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a quest in Talador, but when you approach that quest giver and they get bombed and die. Wasn't expecting it in the slightest.

its not a quest per say but the gara tame line. its the only tame i actually cared about. i really enjoyed it and i was left feeling abit sad at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Not really a quest in Talador, but when you approach that quest giver and they get bombed and die. Wasn't expecting it in the slightest.
    That was one of my biggest WTF moment of my wow career. I spent a few seconds looking around thinking that it was a bug or something. You just don't expect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave it more thought.

Admiral Taylor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Definitely Admiral Taylor for the Alliance. Also, when I was leveling my Horde alt and saw Mankrik as a kid giving a quest, I knew it wasn't gonna end well

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Also, this expansion should be called World of Widowcraft... Nerzhul's wife Rulkan hates him, so we go and kill him, she's our follower. Shelly Hambly's husband dies (and appears as a ghost in your garrison), and she's a follower. Miall's guy dies, bam, follower.

Velen Sacrificing himself and passing the Gift of the Naaru onto Yrel. Such an important and sad moment. So many things going on in literally only a handful of frames within a cinematic. All without any dialogue from either Yrel or Velen. Blizzard did a top notch job with that one, I'll say.

The Iron Wolf killing Asha when facing Lokra. For that matter, that whole storyline in that village whose name I forgot where it's basically the hunter-gatherer Frostwolves having their lives ruined by the Iron Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.