Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Technically it's blizzard who is failing you.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    PvP is is billion times more fun than it was in Mists of Pandaria.
    Because you are ret.

The only reason why I don't bitch about rets is the fact that they will be bad by the next season. History always repeats.

If you see the last changes, lava burst deal 33% more damage against players, you can realize that is a fact that PVE > PVP to blizzard in class balance, and thats hard to hoolinka change by itself!

Some specs are way superior like ret, but bad ppl complain a lot about ferals , omg FERALS SO OP, look at sodapoppin using LOS to 5x1, NERF FERALS!!! and dont realize that in a real arena ferals are fine and not SO OP, they die really easily but in general all classes/specs are "balanced" (not shamans though) in this start of expansion wich is a rare thing because almost every expansions the FOTM wont be nerfed until the finish of the season or the lauching of a xpac.

I agree that ashran sucks, and we need the world pvp back better, ashran is not the solution, wow needs the 1 shot pve players back again or things that make a PVP player feel superior against a fuck pve player that dont even have the pvp skills on the action bar.

We also need cooler pvp set bonus, better gear choice, if i want to stack multistrike in my fuck feral or haste in my arms i will be able to do it, and coolers pvp skills like symbiosis back again

Deleted
    Did all of you forget the horrible early PvP of MoP?
    BM hunters basicly killing everything with "Send pet".

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Isn't the PvP community a very small minority just like mythic raiders? Most people that queue for BGs are the same types that queue for LFR, and just want some casual whimsical brawling, nothing serious.
    Even if this is the case, then it shouldn't matter to the "casuals" if they tweak specs/classes to be more balanced in arena/mythic raiding (catering to the small percentage and the casuals at the same time).

Quote Originally Posted by Kilop View Post
    Did all of you forget the horrible early PvP of MoP?
    BM hunters basicly killing everything with "Send pet".
    Add arms warriors oneshotting people with TfB stacks to that

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the issue much. The only one I would actually consider is a lil bit out of balance is feral druids. That's all. Ashran queue is long, sure, but that's based on a shitty old system, nothing to do with the PvP department. I can live without new BG's, Nemesis quests are tedious, so it's fine, it's only for the determined. Don't want that, go back to Arena/RBG.

PvP needs no change, it needs balance.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heelflip View Post
    If you see the last changes, lava burst deal 33% more damage against players, you can realize that is a fact that PVE > PVP to blizzard in class balance, and thats hard to hoolinka change by itself!

Some specs are way superior like ret, but bad ppl complain a lot about ferals , omg FERALS SO OP, look at sodapoppin using LOS to 5x1, NERF FERALS!!! and dont realize that in a real arena ferals are fine and not SO OP, they die really easily but in general all classes/specs are "balanced" (not shamans though) in this start of expansion wich is a rare thing because almost every expansions the FOTM wont be nerfed until the finish of the season or the lauching of a xpac.

I agree that ashran sucks, and we need the world pvp back better, ashran is not the solution, wow needs the 1 shot pve players back again or things that make a PVP player feel superior against a fuck pve player that dont even have the pvp skills on the action bar.

We also need cooler pvp set bonus, better gear choice, if i want to stack multistrike in my fuck feral or haste in my arms i will be able to do it, and coolers pvp skills like symbiosis back again
    Ah, yeah i play with a Feral, who get globaled inside stuns.
    Sure Feral is fine for high end 3v3 arena, but so was Gladiator, and they still nerfed it even trough there where no Gladiator Warriors in high end 3v3.
    So what do they exactly nerf for?, My bet is that you will see a Feral nerf incoming, because appearently Blizzard balances the game based on popular consensus and not arena 3v3 performance. How else do you explain the Gladiator nerf that virtually killed the whole spec for pvp?, Because it is a tank?, really? they said a few weeks ago that it was not a tank, and i agree, the loss of Defensive Stance makes you feel extremely squishy vs magical damage.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2014-12-15 at 09:43 AM.

Deleted
    Class balance aside - Holinka is a stubborn developer. No amount of testing/feedback will sway his decision associated with his PVP design because he's blind to what's wrong. His development is his baby and anybody that criticises it is wrong according to him.

Ashran needs to be optional. These 200 conquest points are not a bonus, they are MANDATORY. 6 - 7 weeks of the bonus = a gear advantadge over a person who can't get into Ashran.

Keep in mind that until blizzard finally separates pve from pvp, the balance problems are caused also by pve department because obviously they have more power.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    WoW is a PvE game.
    PvP is just a added mini-game in wow comparable with pet battles.

Of course one man is not to blame, they all are... They've actually managed to make a zone that's shit twice. First, it's shit because it's shit. But there's another reason for being shit, and that is because it's inaccessible. There's no fucking way you can get on that shit zone in less than 2 hours on my server, and must be pretty lucky to get in in 2 hours. You can't even torture yourself for the "mandatory" CP, because you can't get in. It's fucking fabulous. They could have just made TWO fucking new BGs, instead of another "server zone" disaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Ashran needs to be optional. These 200 conquest points are not a bonus, they are MANDATORY. 6 - 7 weeks of the bonus = a gear advantadge over a person who can't get into Ashran.
    Math says otherwise. A decent player will be getting around 2k points a week without Ashran, 2.2k with them. You need 27000 in total. So at 2k points each it would take you 14 weeks, if you get 2200 because of the bonus then it will take you 13 weeks, that isn't a 6 or 7 week bonus, it's a 1 week bonus. That's hardly game breaking.

The much bigger problem is being able to get gear out of RBGs/Ashran/Coliseum, that can actually have a massive impact because if you get an extra piece every week then you can get full gear in 7 weeks instead of 14, which is obviously a massive impact.

That's kind of my only complaint, there's obviously some other issues too, such as Rets having far more utility than any class should have, but balance really isn't all that bad. 5 perfectly viable healers, and all DPS classes are viable as well, not sure that's ever happened before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    It makes me wonder how he's still employed let alone still holding his title.

Almost everything WoD PvP related is broken. And I'm not even talking about the class balance, that's the least of the issues right now.

Coliseum is full of game breaking bugs and it completely unfair to half of the classes. Losers are able to steal loot from the winners. The Glad Sanctum is also buggy as shit, my Nemesis quests have been reset so many times, I don't even bother to pick it up any more.

Trashran is literally unplayable for an entire faction. And when I say literally, I mean literally. It ranges from 2-8 hour queues for my realm and requires you to be sitting outside the zone in in order to get in. NO ONE is going to fucking park their asses outside Trashran for 2-8 hours to get in. The last week or so it popped while I was off doing other shit. I have yet to be able to join for the last week to get my 200 CP, and it looks like it's not even happening.

No new BGs/Arenas. This is the first expansion with zero new BGs/Arenas.

If the guy spent less time on twitter defending his ignorant views and giving interviews trying to defend his stupid decisions, then maybe those things would have been fixed by now.
    I really tried to find something, anything wrong in your post, but... yeah, you are spot on. Agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Yep, when a team consistently under performs, the first one that goes is the coach.
    I don't know, look at Borussia Dortmund, not even one of the best coaches in the world can help if the ones calling the shots let go of all the players that made up the core of the team. Could be the same here, maybe Holinka is a great dev, but the whole PvP department is so incompetent that he can't do anything to fix that. PvP has always been shitty in WoW, so uhm, blaming the current state of it on one person is pretty dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    WoW is a PvE game.
    This argument makes me sick because pet battles are a minigame and they got a spectator mode when arena players have been asking for that for -years-.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've come to the conclusion that Holinka and the other Blizzard higher ups believe that a FOTM based balancing plan to be the best for the game. Just think every season probably a 3rd of pvpers are rerolling a new class. Right now you have the fotm rets and ferals, next season they will probably be crushed with nerfs like warriors just were, and another class will rise up, probably warriors and mages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    WoW is a PvE game.
    Why would a pve game be based around having two factions at war with each other, and having players be on those two factions... PvP game from the start.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that Holinka and the other Blizzard higher ups believe that a FOTM based balancing plan to be the best for the game. Just think every season probably a 3rd of pvpers are rerolling a new class. Right now you have the fotm rets and ferals, next season they will probably be crushed with nerfs like warriors just were, and another class will rise up, probably warriors and mages.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would a pve game be based around having two factions at war with each other, and having players be on those two factions... PvP game from the start.
    Uhm... Because that's the very core of the story, and because it's based upon a "faction vs faction" RTS game - come on now, this isn't freaking rocket science we are dealing with!

PvP has always been nothing more than an after-thought in WoW, and at sometimes nothing more than a tumor, affecting the major aspect (see PvE) in a plethora of negative ways.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Uhm... Because that's the very core of the story, and because it's based upon a "faction vs faction" RTS game - come on now, this isn't freaking rocket science we are dealing with!

PvP has always been nothing more than an after-thought in WoW, and at sometimes nothing more than a tumor, affecting the major aspect (see PvE) in a plethora of negative ways.
    They designed the game from the start so players would be on two opposing factions and fight each other. You PVE trolls needs to wake up to that fact already.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    They designed the game from the start so players would be on two opposing factions and fight each other. You PVE trolls needs to wake up to that fact already.
    ... Because of the legacy of the franchise. Derp.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann