Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    The amount of people who played before the nerfs and still play now, and the main reason why said nerfs even happened (read: sheer popularity of the talent) all prove you wrong on this one.

Mhm. So just because it wasn't on the blueprints on day 1 but was still added waaaaaay before the game came into existence means they never intended for 2 factions to wage war with each other in a game named WARcraft. Riiiiiiight.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Dks have the worst mobility of all the melee classes, and they can dispel at range to compensate for that. 1 gap closer at 24s CD is less than what every other melee has, and if you argue chains then i'll argue that you either do that or dispel unless you're fresh into combat or fresh out of a CC u just ate fully (aka very situational).

2. Multiple times in a row really leaves you with no damage output for a hefty amount of seconds, unless of course you don't know how runes work and therefore you don't know how dks work and therefore you have no place to talk about this altogether.

3. Since dispeling requires the same runes their main damage abilities require, dispelling a 60k shield would probably help their teammates do more damage more than it would help them, because of what I said at #2. I can either dispel a shield or obliterate through it, not like glad warriors who (used to) do both at the same time.

4. Go play a dk more seriously than a mere alt if you want to be taken seriously.
    Right, so lets remove Icy Touch glyph from the game as it clearly is so horribly UP by your explanation. I said having the disspell in the normal rotation was OP and that it gets tweaked is fine. They removed it from PvP warriors and in PvE it's nearly an unused glyph.
    DKs do a decent enough job sticking to targets and death grip, unlike charge, has additional abilities such as ignoring terrain, LoS pulling someone and peeling over a 30 yard range and cliffs. So pretending it's the worst of all gapclosers while it's only the most infrequent is silly.
    DKs also deal more than enough damage, can turn into healbots and have ranged capabilities to keep targets in fight or do (decreased) damage while being kited.

I'm not saying that warriors are totally worthless by comparison, that just isn't true. But as for stating gladiator is too strong just check the arena ladders and you'll see that it's actually less represented than arms and fury on top level PvP. So why remove the disspell from gladi stance completely? Because Disc were having a too hard time. Yes, 6second disspell in rotation is too strong but NO completely removing it from PvP isn't balanced either. If anything, we can expect buffs to prot warriors since they aren't faring as well as other tanks in PvP, which will bring buffs or consequently nerfs to gladiator warriors.

Also, how guaranteed is your obliterate to deal +60k damage? Disspelling a shield is probably still better than powerering through it.

Edit: From what I see DKs don't have a too hard time sticking to targets, not anymore than pallys or warriors have.
    Last edited by mmocdbbb194638; 2014-12-16 at 11:50 AM.

I knew he was failing for a long time. You kinda know balance is in the shitter when attacks and abilities start getting tweaked with numbers ranging from 20% to 60% in the fucking live version.
    Last edited by Random Word; 2014-12-16 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Am I the only one tha doesn't think wod pvp is a disaster? There are things that need some tweaks but generally it's whatever .. Season 1.

Ashran I dunno.. I lose interest before I get in lol. kt <3
    Nope, I agree with you completely. The only things that I would say need to be changed are Combat Rogues having 8 second Kidneys + 4 second Kidneys immediately after with their clone thing. And Ret Paladins having entirely too much utility.

Other than that, I don't think this season is bad at all. All 5 healers are perfectly viable, and all DPS are viable with the exception for Ele Shamans. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Deleted
    Meh I havent had that bad experiences as OP with Ashran. For me it's been quite fun but the fault is the fundamental design of the place.

> If one faction dominates the other then obviously the weaker faction is going to have a bad time.
    > If it's balanced no one has fun as no one can win and receive their weekly conquest.

What they need to do with Ashran is to make it random who you go against and make it instanced like BGs. I know it's not as good as the idea of realm communities but IMO that went out the window with the first patch that merged a load of French people into my Ashran games. This will also allow quicker queues as you could have more battles open.

Ignoring Ashran (which isn't really the main pvp of the game, I think arena PVP so far has been the best balanced expansion start to date. So many specs viable. Ofcourse 100% balance is impossible but I'm seeing a lot or specs performing well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, what are you guys talking about? He's doing such a fab job.

Everyone knows how stupidly OP WW Monks are right now in PvP so they actually listened to everyone who complained and nerfed them!

everyone being nobody

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    What they need to do with Ashran is to make it random who you go against and make it instanced like BGs. I know it's not as good as the idea of realm communities but IMO that went out the window with the first patch that merged a load of French people into my Ashran games. This will also allow quicker queues as you could have more battles open.
    And make Ashran about fucking pvp. Still seeing players from enemy factions running past eachother and questing in the same area without attacking eachother, and if you start ganking, you're called an asshole for disturbing the peace.

What are fucking pve-ers doing in a pvp zone? You don't see this kind of shit in battlegrounds.

When I see red text in a pvp zone I attack and expect to be attacked, not have a picnic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    And make Ashran about fucking pvp. Still seeing players from enemy factions running past eachother and questing in the same area without attacking eachother, and if you start ganking, you're called an asshole for disturbing the peace.

What are fucking pve-ers doing in a pvp zone? You don't see this kind of shit in battlegrounds.

When I see red text in a pvp zone I attack and expect to be attacked, not have a picnic.
    I agree but in my Ashran it is all out war and everyone attacks everyone. They should add more grinds IMO for cool cosmetic stuff like kill 100,000 players in Ashran for x mount or something or awesome transmog to get players fighting more. But then again the entire zones falls over from the fundamental problems I listed in my first post.

The 200 Conquest should be a reward for killing 1000 players or something (assuming the queues are to be sorted). The win objective is just too hard for a failing faction and just luck based / easy to leech on a winning faction. Like you said make it about the pvp.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2014-12-16 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    yeah that guy really needs to get laid off

Trashran is the most disgusting piece of dogshit I've ever seen, we might aswell mindlessly zerg in the barrens. Forcing us to do it for conquest points? good thinking there tardlinka, it's not like the pvp community complained for years about the forced rbg participation, let's force them to sit in queues for 8 hours and then zerg for another 10 hours in Trashran if they want to maximize their cq gain, good thinking!

While the pvp has generally improved since MoP, it's a horrible time to be a caster. Melees didn't lose a single gap closer, most melees kept their entire shitty instant cc, meanwhile casters were nerfed into oblivion. Time to play melee, then.

Going into this expansion PvP was the thing I was looking forward to the most. With Ashran and, what I understood, a sub-zone of high level content in pretty much every some that would each be like a mini-Timeless Isle and the Nemesis quest I was thinking "hell yeah, this will be the Timeless Isle PvP ganking all over again". Given that these sub-zones that, as far as I recall anyway, were supposed to be similar to the Timeless Isle were just some crappy daily quest hubs that people run to once a day for their Apexis Shards, and that Ashran is just a zergfest rather than a large isle with equally important objectives scattered all over the place I was hugely disappointed. As my realm is low on Allies (I'm Horde) there is no way for me to go out and gank people for the Nemesis quest like I did on Timeless Isle. And on Ashran, the only way to get the quests done, it's just a boring zerg where I stand on a safe distance spamming Moonfire with Lunar Inspiration as that is basically the only thing I can do as a melee player. I am so hugely disappointed by all of this. A lot of it has to do with how nice Timeless Isle was. This content is just utter crap.

The Coliseum I can't say I'm very disappointed with, because I didn't really know it would exist prior to the release of WoD and only just realized what it was like a week ago. But... it's really boring too. Not sure what the fuck they are thinking: zerg-fest on Ashran and 30 people in a small Arena. Why do they think that putting a lot of players at the same place creates fun PvP? It's the complete opposite you damned stupid fucks. That's why Arathi Basin is still one of the best battlegrounds; because even tho there is a lot of opposing players to find (15), you usually only fight a few at any moment because they will be spread out at as there are 5 objectives of equal importance. Zerg-fest Ashran and a crowded room full of players just means that you have to hope that you won't be the one who happens to get targeted by 5+ other players; because you can't do shit if that happens. And that is not fun. If it's you against 1-3 others, you can do stuff. If it's you and a friend against 1-3 others, you can really do stuff. That's PvP. The fact that they don't understand this after 10 years of creating content for this game is a huge disappointment to me, and I really cannot grasp what the fuck they were thinking going into this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post

Everyone knows how stupidly OP WW Monks are right now in PvP so they actually listened to everyone who complained and nerfed them!

everyone being nobody
    Totally not because WW monks are doing far more damage than everybody else and needed to be brought into line.

Wind walkers are suffering on their ability to go toe to toe with other melee. Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post

everyone being nobody
    Is it really that hard to go take a look at PvE and maybe go take a guess on that being the reason for your nerf? Use your brain please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Am I the only one tha doesn't think wod pvp is a disaster? There are things that need some tweaks but generally it's whatever .. Season 1.

Ashran I dunno.. I lose interest before I get in lol. kt <3
    No I actually think it might be their most balanced first season ever - that doesn't mean everything is perfect obviously, but it's generally a success

While I agree the multiple sources of RNG conquest gear is kind of weird - the problem there is the social hassle and the feeling of obligation - but generally it gears us up much quicker than past seasons I think (or maybe my spriest and hunter have just been lucky so far) - and that's a good thing, because it lowers the barrier to entry to new players and alts: you don't have to start at the beginning of the season and keep up every week, or lose.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

You should not argue about class balance . Any balance is terrible since the start of wow. Whole pandaria hunter dominated all and retri ''walking autoatack'' was joke . In stupid 1v1 everyone just escaped it because no charge, no grip ...noting. 90% of all retri paladins just swith at boring holy. Nobody complain that retri is too weak. Only few retri paladins. Too much cc just managed to stop retri when pulled the wings and Arms warrior distributing largest dmg without any wings. Monk with invicible self heal and [roll] almost without cc was horrible idea .Warlock just fear everything and then chaos bolt it because one stupid chaos bolt gave larger dmg than 50% of full hp of pvp player.

And now? It just turned. Panda op things are now weak and vice versa weak on panda are now strong. Pople who playing casters or warrior, monk just can't complain. They had their op expansion.

For me is panda most horrible on pvp since Burning Crusade. Panda just no more thanks god.

What really is wrong now ? Healers. I do not understand why healers must ALWAYS be invicible. Invicible since Burning Crusade. Heal should be equal to dmg or only similiar to dmg. To much heal is reason for to much boring bgs and arenas and just everything in pvp. (my view)

Another thing is pvp rewards . It will never be balanced in 1v1, so Colliseum is good to have fun but on the way hc rewards it's just bad idea.

And last thing --> Ashran. Ashran is maybe good idea but ''not work idea'' . One faction just winning and second faction just afking for bones and nemesis quests.

+ very big quele. This is bad for fun and for people who want just some pvp for fun. Some 200 Conquest plays no role. In Ashran you can get conquests for a few minutes when you know how.

So stop complaining on the balance class. It was and it will be always horrible.

YOUR class is simply just not dominate. Deal with it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    You should not argue about class balance . Any balance is terrible since the start of wow. Whole pandaria hunter dominated all and retri ''walking autoatack'' was joke . In stupid 1v1 everyone just escaped it because no charge, no grip ...noting. 90% of all retri paladins just swith at boring holy. Nobody complain that retri is too weak. Only few retri paladins. Too much cc just managed to stop retri when pulled the wings and Arms warrior distributing largest dmg without any wings. Monk with invicible self heal and [roll] almost without cc was horrible idea .Warlock just fear everything and then chaos bolt it because one stupid chaos bolt gave larger dmg than 50% of full hp of pvp player.

And now? It just turned. Panda op things are now weak and vice versa weak on panda are now strong. Pople who playing casters or warrior, monk just can't complain. They had their op expansion.

For me is panda most horrible on pvp since Burning Crusade. Panda just no more thanks god.

What really is wrong now ? Healers. I do not understand why healers must ALWAYS be invicible. Invicible since Burning Crusade. Heal should be equal to dmg or only similiar to dmg. To much heal is reason for to much boring bgs and arenas and just everything in pvp. (my view)

Another thing is pvp rewards . It will never be balanced in 1v1, so Colliseum is good to have fun but on the way hc rewards it's just bad idea.

And last thing --> Ashran. Ashran is maybe good idea but ''not work idea'' . One faction just winning and second faction just afking for bones and nemesis quests.

+ very big quele. This is bad for fun and for people who want just some pvp for fun. Some 200 Conquest plays no role. In Ashran you can get conquests for a few minutes when you know how.

So stop complaining on the balance class. It was and it will be always horrible.

YOUR class is simply just not dominate. Deal with it
    just because a class was 'op' at some point doesn't mean it should be crap now as a punishment

it was blizzard's fault not the players'
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-12-16 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Healers must be able to easily outheal 1 DPS and hold their own against 2 DPS, or there would no point of having healers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Healers must be able to easily outheal 1 DPS and hold their own against 2 DPS, or there would no point of having healers.
    Right, because healers should never be expected to get help from their dps partners and it should be just them doing Sisyphus' work of holding out against 3 dps-ers.

Funny. When a dps whines, you just tell him to get a healer. When a healer whines, you call for buffs.

I will not blame one person, but Ashran has been a total disaster. Yes, que times on a populous server are bullcrap and of course you cannot do anything else yet sit their and wait. Then when u get in the play of the map is pretty stupid. The chokepoints for both factions, I guess is to create a kill zone and extreme pvp but it is not pvp at all. You again basically fight a pve boss and snipe people behind the boss. I have yet to play melee but I feel for you, charging in and getting focused by 30 plus people.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    Right, because healers should never be expected to get help from their dps partners and it should be just them doing Sisyphus' work of holding out against 3 dps-ers.
    I've been playing a lot of God comp on my Druid lately, admittedly I'm not the best Druid, but I do alright. What I can say is even with a Spriest and a Mage peeling for me I still get trained against almost every cleave team, and I still lose to a lot of them. Yes, if I was better I would probably live longer, but if my opponents were better I'd probably die faster. My team is good at peeling and counter pressure, but some games it doesn't matter. As a healer, if I couldn't outheal one person I'd be beyond useless. Every arena team would just be 3 DPS, and healers would be virtually nonexistent.

Of course you get help from your partners, that's why 2 DPS will destroy one healer without help, but even with help 2 DPS will still eventually kill him. With the only possible exception being Monks, I haven't played as a Monk but they don't really seem like they can get cleaved down very well with all their mobility, not too sure though on that one. The other 4 healers can all be cleaved to death pretty fast though, unless they play with a Ret Paladin for BoP.