Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldS View Post
    Thanks for the response, I will try the advice you listed. Tonight I'm being taken through EN M 7/7 from friends guild to gear me up as they need Hpala. I have incredible bad luck when it comes to legendary, I haven't seen one drop for me yet. I'm currently working toward last artifact trait, need 3-4 more points. I got 4 trinkets 2x Int + affix that gives me mana Amalgam's Seventh Spine + Sac and 2x that has set specific stat which are Heightened sense and unstable arcanocrystal. Which one would be best to use to maximize my healing output.
    Best output currently would be first your stat stick and then you need to decide if you are in need of extra mana regen or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure which trinkets I should use.

I have a;
    850 Horn of Cenarius
    840 (~1100 intel and +~850 versatily) / I dont remember the name
    845 nightmare bloom (1177int, 915crit)
    865 heightnened senses
    Last edited by reemi; 2016-11-23 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I'm not sure which trinkets I should use.

I have a;
    850 Horn of Cenarius
    840 (~1100 intel and +~850 versatily) / I dont remember the name
    845 nightmare bloom (1177int, 915crit)
    865 heightnened senses
    Heightened senses and nightmare bloom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HPLathus View Post
    Heightened senses and nightmare bloom.
    maybe im wrong but heightened senses seem to proc only once or twice every fight...

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    maybe im wrong but heightened senses seem to proc only once or twice every fight...
    normally it has a 20-30% uptime.

Deleted
    Hi. Recently (like wedsneday night) switched to my hpal for raiding, and I think I'm familiar enough with what I should be doing to come ask for advice around here

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&type=healing (I'm Tardrott)

Killed M. Ursoc tonight (first kill for us, yay), and I was wondering if anyone could spot any blatant mistake I should be fixing asap in my playstyle.
    I'm not too concerned about my hps / ranking, as I was assigned to tank babycare / melee spot heal, and played without JoL nor Aura of Mercy so padding the meters wasn't my goal anyways.

I'd be grateful to get some input on what I might have done better here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Hi. Recently (like wedsneday night) switched to my hpal for raiding, and I think I'm familiar enough with what I should be doing to come ask for advice around here

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&type=healing (I'm Tardrott)

Killed M. Ursoc tonight (first kill for us, yay), and I was wondering if anyone could spot any blatant mistake I should be fixing asap in my playstyle.
    I'm not too concerned about my hps / ranking, as I was assigned to tank babycare / melee spot heal, and played without JoL nor Aura of Mercy so padding the meters wasn't my goal anyways.

I'd be grateful to get some input on what I might have done better here

Thanks
    You should be running Judgment of Light on ursoc. Use it before each charge and roar. Profit.

JoL is not padding the meters, it's an amazing ability on that fight due to the sheer amount of aoe healing needed and lessens the healing the other healers need to do. Your overall healing was low for any holy paladin.

Grats on the kill, but holy paladins shine on this fight if you run mercy/JoL

Deleted
    Hello Guys, i hope you can help me to improve my healing. So i think with my gear i can do alot of more HPS i think so. How can i reach my goal? What do you think i make wrong in the logs? In Mythic i play often with Aura of Sac and Beacon of Faith. I prefer more Mastery as Vers. I can switch between this Stats: Crit: 40,18 % / Haste:8,85/Mastery:28,49 %/Vers:6,18% or Crit:41,45/Haste: 8,85%/Mastery:33,72/Vers: 2,03%. I think so Mastery scalled better as Vers. in the moment. I hope so you can help me Thank you

Logs: Search for Zyerina-Eredar at warcraftlogs.com

Http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eahdrin/simple

Just confirming my gearing is in the right direction. Trinkets in the sacred shield are the highest hps. Got them both last week. I have pretty much every trinket available from mythic dungeons/en. Kind of confused on how to use the Jewel. Am I to use it off CD, use it on the tanks, and does anyone have a WA that can track the cd and how many charges are up.

Posting my logs although my guild has fallen apart and my gear /trinkets have changed since these were posted.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...10/#metric=hps

Should have beacon of faith/light and aura of mercy in raids. Also judge of light if there's no protection pally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunetrain View Post

Just confirming my gearing is in the right direction. Trinkets in the sacred shield are the highest hps. Got them both last week. I have pretty much every trinket available from mythic dungeons/en. Kind of confused on how to use the Jewel. Am I to use it off CD, use it on the tanks, and does anyone have a WA that can track the cd and how many charges are up.

Posting my logs although my guild has fallen apart and my gear /trinkets have changed since these were posted.

Should have beacon of faith/light and aura of mercy in raids. Also judge of light if there's no protection pally
    Jewel is not really good imo.

Alright so I have a log I'd like some of the more data-reading adept minds to browse. Normally, my guild runs three healers for everything even though we only have 10-12 people (they like to overcompensate) so there's no way really to try maximising my play since there's just so much healing available.

Tonight, we 2-healed and I had a chance to stretch my legs a bit, and I was hoping for an analysis of my performance.

Logs are here

Anything about spell-choice/usage, up-time on CDs, positioning etc would all be helpful, and anything you notice about other players can be passed on as advice too.

Thanks

With only 4 heroic bosses it's hard to spot more specific improvements (Cenarius would have been a good log to look at), however, your uptime on Rule of Law is good and your raw HPS is fine as well. You could make some slight improvements on Prism and Bestow Faith uptime but if there was little damage coming out (as I could imagine in a 10 man H raid), probably better to spend the GCDs on DPS.

What struck me the most was your lack of Chain of Thrayn heals. The heal is very potent on tanks. The total health restored is very predictable so it's hard to overheal with it, it's instant, it's on a low-ish CD, and it doesn't beacon transfer so you gain "more" out of casting it on Beacon targets anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    With only 4 heroic bosses it's hard to spot more specific improvements (Cenarius would have been a good log to look at), however, your uptime on Rule of Law is good and your raw HPS is fine as well. You could make some slight improvements on Prism and Bestow Faith uptime but if there was little damage coming out (as I could imagine in a 10 man H raid), probably better to spend the GCDs on DPS.

What struck me the most was your lack of Chain of Thrayn heals. The heal is very potent on tanks. The total health restored is very predictable so it's hard to overheal with it, it's instant, it's on a low-ish CD, and it doesn't beacon transfer so you gain "more" out of casting it on Beacon targets anyway.
    Do you mean to cast BoF on the tank as a heal? I guess I could do that; I wasn't sure it was worth doing since it's about the sameprice as a Holy Light and HL usually seems to heal for more than 15%. (Also, isn't CoT losing its heal part when the new Legendary changes hit? I forget what's happening with those).

With Prism, I probably could be better yeah; I don't run it in M+ and so I sometimes forget I have it in the raid and it sits off CD for a bit. BF I tend to try using it on CD on one of the tanks as best I can - I'll look to be more diligent with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunetrain View Post

I personnally like to either pop jewel on myself when I'm popping CDs / sacrifice, pop it on the tanks when I know damage is coming / on pull so we can dps a bit more, or on dps in portals on dragons. I really like it for 5 man content, not so much for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    Do you mean to cast BoF on the tank as a heal? I guess I could do that; I wasn't sure it was worth doing since it's about the sameprice as a Holy Light and HL usually seems to heal for more than 15%. (Also, isn't CoT losing its heal part when the new Legendary changes hit? I forget what's happening with those).

With Prism, I probably could be better yeah; I don't run it in M+ and so I sometimes forget I have it in the raid and it sits off CD for a bit. BF I tend to try using it on CD on one of the tanks as best I can - I'll look to be more diligent with it.
    With regards to the first point: HL will heal in the 200-500k (+80-320k beacon transfer depending on transfer) ballpark. Tanks have about 4-5M HP, so BoF will heal 600-750K. On average, even accounting for HL crits, the base heal per mana is equal or better. On a non-tank, lets say a Windwalker who has 2.5M HP, BoF will heal for 375K. With beacon transfer(s), this means HL can do more raw healing and has a better heal per mana. The main point here is: in the case of healing tanks, I would prioritise Shock > IoL Flash = BoF > IoL HL. If you're healing a non-tank, then prioritise Shock > IoL Flash > BoF = IoL HL. In both cases, if there's some urgency or you have to move then prioritise BoF after Shock.

CoT is indeed losing its passive, it's being shifted over to Uther's Guard. But the new passive is better and boosts your AW healing by a further 25%, so you won't have to worry too much about spamming BoF soon :P

Deleted
    Hey Guys,

I would like to get some help from you.
    In my 1-day progress raid I main a ret paladin but was asked to help heal mythic encounters when 1 heal is missing or when we need 5 healers.
    Well, this log is me healing the second time as a holy paladin (i mained a priest since vanilla) and I did not perform the way I wanted to.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/4HbdyPfzgWcQY9tD

Can you please help me out?

Cheers,
    Bizer

Quote Originally Posted by Bizi View Post
    Hey Guys,

I would like to get some help from you.
    In my 1-day progress raid I main a ret paladin but was asked to help heal mythic encounters when 1 heal is missing or when we need 5 healers.
    Well, this log is me healing the second time as a holy paladin (i mained a priest since vanilla) and I did not perform the way I wanted to.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/4HbdyPfzgWcQY9tD

Can you please help me out?

Cheers,
    Bizer
    Doesn't seem that bad considering. I would recommend trying to get more crit on your gear, however, if that's practical. I'd personally consider dropping 5-10 ilvls between a piece with no crit and a piece which is crit dominant, more on jewelry.

Main thing is you're missing Light of Dawn casts. Not sure if you just missed it as a spell or what, but it's a pretty huge loss. Especially since you're running Lightbringer instead of BoF, and since you're running Divine Purpose.

You may also consider running BoF instead (beacon your tank and one of your ranged, preferably one that tends to soak a lot of flowers). Performance between the two is pretty comparable on this fight, but in order for Lightbringer to really be competitive you have be hitting your LoDs. That said BoF is essentially as good or better than Lightbringer on pretty much every fight right now, so you may just want to switch to BoF in general.

You're also missing some Bestow Faith casts. This isn't really a huge deal, but Dragons is a pretty mana intensive fight and the main advantage of BF is to help with mana. For that same reason, you may want to consider going JoL instead of SW since you appear to be the only possible source.

[Holy] Choice between two pieces of gear - pretty unsure. HALP!

Ok heres the situation...

I have the chest from Nightbane 875 Haste/Mastery (blech)
    I have a 880 chest Crit/Versa (Yey)

I have the trinket from Mana worm in Karazhan - 860 version. Powered up by nightbanes chest - 24500 per mana ball

I JUST got an 860 socketed Amalgam's Seventh Spine

Anyone see where this is going yet? lol

Using the Nightbane trinket/chest combo its brought me down to about 40% crit which I am not fond of at all. Switching that out, for the 880 chest and Amalgams Spine brings me back up to 44% crit.

I would say mana is def an issue on progression/prolonged fights. My gripe about mana balls is their inconsistency in where or if they spawn. But something tells me the Amalgams wont be any form of fix over that.

Some other trinks I have (this list... dont hate me I just got really lucky w some of this stuff)

860+ stat sticks int/crit
    870 socketed Coccoon
    865 non-socket vial of nightmare
    870 socketed horn of cenarius
    875 Ethereal Urn (nightbane trinket)

I do sim my character... my oom time is still hovering at the 5:20 mark (though I feel I extend that pretty well). What would you other hpals be doing ya think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noules View Post
    Doesn't seem that bad considering. I would recommend trying to get more crit on your gear, however, if that's practical. I'd personally consider dropping 5-10 ilvls between a piece with no crit and a piece which is crit dominant, more on jewelry.

Main thing is you're missing Light of Dawn casts. Not sure if you just missed it as a spell or what, but it's a pretty huge loss. Especially since you're running Lightbringer instead of BoF, and since you're running Divine Purpose.

You may also consider running BoF instead (beacon your tank and one of your ranged, preferably one that tends to soak a lot of flowers). Performance between the two is pretty comparable on this fight, but in order for Lightbringer to really be competitive you have be hitting your LoDs. That said BoF is essentially as good or better than Lightbringer on pretty much every fight right now, so you may just want to switch to BoF in general.

You're also missing some Bestow Faith casts. This isn't really a huge deal, but Dragons is a pretty mana intensive fight and the main advantage of BF is to help with mana. For that same reason, you may want to consider going JoL instead of SW since you appear to be the only possible source.
    Thank you so much for your help! I will try to include more Light of Dawn in my rotation and increase the Bestow Faith casts

Quote Originally Posted by Revain View Post
    Ok heres the situation...

I have the chest from Nightbane 875 Haste/Mastery (blech)
    I have a 880 chest Crit/Versa (Yey)

I have the trinket from Mana worm in Karazhan - 860 version. Powered up by nightbanes chest - 24500 per mana ball

I JUST got an 860 socketed Amalgam's Seventh Spine

Anyone see where this is going yet? lol

Using the Nightbane trinket/chest combo its brought me down to about 40% crit which I am not fond of at all. Switching that out, for the 880 chest and Amalgams Spine brings me back up to 44% crit.

I would say mana is def an issue on progression/prolonged fights. My gripe about mana balls is their inconsistency in where or if they spawn. But something tells me the Amalgams wont be any form of fix over that.

Some other trinks I have (this list... dont hate me I just got really lucky w some of this stuff)

860+ stat sticks int/crit
    870 socketed Coccoon
    865 non-socket vial of nightmare
    870 socketed horn of cenarius
    875 Ethereal Urn (nightbane trinket)

I do sim my character... my oom time is still hovering at the 5:20 mark (though I feel I extend that pretty well). What would you other hpals be doing ya think?
    Urn + Spine if you are having mana problems

Urn + 860 stat stick if no mana problems.