Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hello guys.

I am being blamed by guildies for low healing done when compared to the other healers and i would appreciate any help you can give me. I am an experienced holy paladin but i somehow struggle in this expansion. I have been away from the game for two or three years and just returned a month ago so my gear is not optimized as i have only raided in antorus and remotely because my guild no longer runs heroic.

Here is my armory link : https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...her/mpouliakos

I will give you the stats too as i sometimes log out as retri :

Int: 71049
    Crit: 46% (15202)
    Mastery: 51% (10504)
    Versatility: 4% (1845)
    Haste: 11% (3964)

As for legendaries, I am not in possession of prydaz and i roll with Velen's future sight and Ilterendi. I do not have eonar's compassion or the trinket from sea star of the depthmother or any other trinkets from antorus which is why i have to use carafe which i know is not as good as the afformentioned ones.

Here are the logs of our latest kill:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=7

A lot of my healing is overhealing and i can really not explain that. On one of our tries i even had 140% overhealing. I was assigned to heal (focus) the guys that went inside the pod in our kill so i had some beacon swaps here and there. Bear in mind that I am not new to healing so i am hardly selecting wrong targets or anything.

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks in advance!

Edit : I am not using Judgment of Light because we have a prot paly and he was using it and according to him they dont stack.
    Last edited by Linkin2895; 2018-01-21 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    I am sure there are more experienced players here to help you but i would like to share my point of view.

- You should be using "Judgment of Light" if i am not mistaken they stack which contradicts what your paladin tank told you.

- Not sure if Devotion Aura is your choice or the RL asked you to use it but if you dont struggle by a mechanic that will lead to a wipe due to high damage i think that Mercy or Sacrifice are more helpful ( there is a debate between these two , i aint going to get into that , use whichever suits you more ).

- If i am not mistaken you were using Beacon of the Lightbringer. Beacon of Faith should be your choice in pretty much every case. ( If you were using it ignore that line)

Apart from these i have nothing else to mention. Stats are ok considering the item level and Velen's isn't bad at all. Maybe other fellow paladins can provide further input.

Thank you for your input. I ll answer your questions; We had a few tries where i had Judgment of light on, but he noticed that his own did 2 times my healing and said that they dont stack. Can anyone answer this ? If protection and holy judgments of light can both be active?

Devotion aura was my choice, after coordinating with the rest of the healers. We decided that because we are stacked up during this boss's heavy damage phase, it just seamed a lot better having the whole raid to take 20% less dmg than taking the full damage and then healing it up. My usual preference is in fact Aura of Sacrifice.

I was using beacon of the lightbringer because when i had beacon of light it was a lot of overhealing and also because it buffs up Light of Dawn which i used heavily in this fight.
    Is my ilvl low? I thought that since heroic drops 945 i am ok as far as ilvl goes.
    Are there any issues rotation-wise?
    Again, thank you for your assistance.
    Last edited by Linkin2895; 2018-01-21 at 11:58 PM.

Early in the expansion judgment of light did not stack. But It has stacked for quite a while now and both will heal the raider each time he attacks the target. I run with another holy pally and a prot pally and all 3 heal the raider each time they attack the target.
    Last edited by pendragyn; 2018-01-22 at 03:37 AM. Reason: typo

I've always been one to use Aura of Mercy, but I feel like Aura of Sacrifice is really good this tier (due to the Aura Mastery on use)

When you have Aura of Sacrifice, do you beacon yourself? or do you beacon both tanks and heal yourself?

I haven't used it, so just curious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin2895 View Post
    Thank you for your input. I ll answer your questions; We had a few tries where i had Judgment of light on, but he noticed that his own did 2 times my healing and said that they dont stack. Can anyone answer this ? If protection and holy judgments of light can both be active?

Devotion aura was my choice, after coordinating with the rest of the healers. We decided that because we are stacked up during this boss's heavy damage phase, it just seamed a lot better having the whole raid to take 20% less dmg than taking the full damage and then healing it up. My usual preference is in fact Aura of Sacrifice.

I was using beacon of the lightbringer because when i had beacon of light it was a lot of overhealing and also because it buffs up Light of Dawn which i used heavily in this fight.
    Is my ilvl low? I thought that since heroic drops 945 i am ok as far as ilvl goes.
    Are there any issues rotation-wise?
    Again, thank you for your assistance.
    1. Judgement of lights stack
    2. Beacon will more than likely ALWAYS do some overhealing since its kind of rare to see both tanks take damage at the same time (that doesn't devalue beacon of faith though)
    3. Sac or mercy will definitely be a better cooldown healing wise compared to devo, and if your healers are complaining about your low heals when you all agreed you would take devo, they are dumb. You don't need devo for any fight, even with multiple holy paladins (don't let anyone tell you otherwise). It's an over rated CD.
    4. Your ilvl is pretty average
    5. Just make sure to use judgement off cd to keep judgement of light buff up
    6. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    I've always been one to use Aura of Mercy, but I feel like Aura of Sacrifice is really good this tier (due to the Aura Mastery on use)

When you have Aura of Sacrifice, do you beacon yourself? or do you beacon both tanks and heal yourself?

I haven't used it, so just curious.
    You beacon the tanks most times, if not always - on Eonar fight, for example, since i follow around one of the two tanks and stay away from the rest of the raid for some time, i beacon myself. But the damage you take from Sacrifice should not be that bad to have to beacon yourself. Same with heals, most times the aoe healing is enough to keep you at full hp when no damage dealing mechanics are involved.

Hi all I’m having some serious issues with my healing. It feels like as my gear has gotten better somehow my healing has gotten worse. I’ve read various guides etc. Something just isn’t clicking. Help please! Logs and armory below:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&type=healing

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...laran/empoxnor

Quote Originally Posted by Frenetix View Post
    Hi all I’m having some serious issues with my healing. It feels like as my gear has gotten better somehow my healing has gotten worse. I’ve read various guides etc. Something just isn’t clicking. Help please! Logs and armory below:

you aren't casting enough. your downtime is 55+%.
    Cats, cast, cast.

(also you aren't using artifact at all. And CD usage overall can be improved.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dikka View Post
    you aren't casting enough. your downtime is 55+%.
    Cats, cast, cast.

(also you aren't using artifact at all. And CD usage overall can be improved.)
    The CD usage I had a feeling about. I know I need to be more aggressive with them and anticipating the right moment. As far as downtime goes, a lot of that is because people aren’t taking damage so I just don’t cast anything. Is this wrong?

15+ Year Old Account

NOT AN EXPERT, but here's a couple of things.

1. Your downtime is WAY too high. 55% means you were literally not doing anything for MORE than half of the fight. You cast ZERO Holy Lights during that entire fight which is an acceptable filler. Don't be afraid to cast it on the tanks when no one is taking damage, or even on targets with HP more than 90-95%. It can proc your Pantheon trinket flower which is a lovely passive heal.
    2. Your mastery effectiveness. I'm not sure why it's so low (60%) but it shouldn't be anywhere bellow 80% on stacked up fights like Garothi Worldbreaker. Small fix bellow:
    3. Your Rule of Law uptime is 7%. That's pretty bad, Rule of Law is one of those abilities that feel kinda irrelevant and just another button that is there to annoy you, but it's wonderful! You should always keep it on 1 stack and just pop it anytime it's about to get to two stacks. The way I got in the habit of using it more was by making a WeakAura that just popped every time it was on 2 stacks.
    4. Your legendaries are not very good, nothing you can do here really. When you get either the Holy Ring, Prydaz or the Light of the Martyr Cloak replace your ring and then the trinket.
    5. You don't have Sea Star of the Depthmother. STUPID good trinket, doesn't even compare to anything else even in super low ilvls. I still have a 915 and it's MUCH better than my 985 Pantheon trinket. IF you have it, then replace your legendary trinket with literally any other legendary you have. Yes, it's THAT good.
    6. Your Aura of Sacrifice HPS seems to be kinda low. ~9k HPS is not very good, you should be aiming for 30k at least. Make sure you keep your Holy Shock, Light of Dawn and Judgement when popping Aura Mastery and then spam away. You should also make sure to pop it when you KNOW damage is about to come. Try to not overlap with other healers unless you're trying to shit on someone specific (e.g. you see a druid popping Tranq, pop aura mastery, top everyone up in 2 globals and fuck their Tranq up :P). If you don't feel comfortable with it, just use Aura of Mercy.
    7. Use Tyr's Deliverance! It wasn't used a single time in that fight, it's a GREAT spell for fights where there's consistent but not high ticking damage.

Hope that helped!
    Last edited by Vordie; 2018-02-05 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post
    4. Your legendaries are not very good, nothing you can do here really. When you get either the Holy Ring, Prydaz or the Light of the Martyr Cloak replace your ring and then the trinket.
    Thanks for all of the great input so far. Btw, I thought Velen’s was supposed to be the “best” legendary. Is that false?

velen's is still strong but lost some relative strength since you have 3 or 4 viable trinkets this tier (sea star, eonar's, amanthul's, highfeathers) compared to last tier only having sea star. (honorable mention to arcano which i've made my peace with and given up on)

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all of the great input so far. Btw, I thought Velen’s was supposed to be the “best” legendary. Is that false?
    Velen's is really good but it's an extra cooldown so it needs to be used correctly to be effective, AND it takes up the valuable spots of Sea Star & Pantheon Trinket. The Judgement Ring is BiS and then the 2nd BiS is up for debate. I'd say for chill raiding, Prydaz is your 2nd BiS.

Here's some more information on legendaries from the Paladin Discord (join here), lots of information there.

Where exactly in the log would it say I had 55% downtime? I think this is a result of being scared to overheal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where exactly in the log would it say I had 55% downtime? I think this is a result of being scared to overheal.
    https://wowanalyzer.com/report/QrjTL...4:39)/Empoxnor

Scroll down and you'll find some more info. You really shouldn't be afraid to overheal as a paladin, overhealing is mostly an issue with classes that actually have to care a lot about their mana consumption and long fights. A paladin is generally pretty good when it comes to mana, especially in the early and very short fights of the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post
    Velen's is really good but it's an extra cooldown so it needs to be used correctly to be effective, AND it takes up the valuable spots of Sea Star & Pantheon Trinket. The Judgement Ring is BiS and then the 2nd BiS is up for debate. I'd say for chill raiding, Prydaz is your 2nd BiS.

Here's some more information on legendaries from the Paladin Discord (join here), lots of information there.
    According to the below spreadsheet it seems like Valen's is better than Seastar by a fair margin. Is it worth even using the normal version of the Seastar?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1712747333

15+ Year Old Account
    According to the below spreadsheet it seems like Valen's is better than Seastar by a fair margin. Is it worth even using the normal version of the Seastar?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1712747333
    I'd say so, yes. That sheet assumes that you're using Velen's Future Sight VERY optimally. Also, replacing it opens up a spot for a different legendary like the ring, neck or back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea. The opportunity cost of wearing velens eats into that quite a bit.

Deleted
    Hey all,

I'm returning to healing after some time away from it and could do with your collective help. Information is as follows: -

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...draenor/keylos

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Crc4BXZNK8dmywfG (Only recently started logging for the purposes of feedback - Please let me know if there are any issues viewing it)

I'm worried that I'm not pulling the amount of HPS that I should be. My gear is okay (i943) but my Crit is only 29% :/ and my Leggos aren't close to being BiS. According to some averages I found for my ilevel I should really be hitting near 1m HPS and not 600K...

Any help you can provide is appreciated, I look forward to your feedback!

Keylos.