Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ...
2
42
50
51
52
  1. #1021
    Quote Originally Posted by Dikka View Post
    you aren't casting enough. your downtime is 55+%.
    Cats, cast, cast.

    (also you aren't using artifact at all. And CD usage overall can be improved.)
    The CD usage I had a feeling about. I know I need to be more aggressive with them and anticipating the right moment. As far as downtime goes, a lot of that is because people aren’t taking damage so I just don’t cast anything. Is this wrong?

  2. #1022
    Epic! Vordie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenetix View Post
    Hi all I’m having some serious issues with my healing. It feels like as my gear has gotten better somehow my healing has gotten worse. I’ve read various guides etc. Something just isn’t clicking. Help please! Logs and armory below:

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&type=healing

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...laran/empoxnor
    NOT AN EXPERT, but here's a couple of things.

    1. Your downtime is WAY too high. 55% means you were literally not doing anything for MORE than half of the fight. You cast ZERO Holy Lights during that entire fight which is an acceptable filler. Don't be afraid to cast it on the tanks when no one is taking damage, or even on targets with HP more than 90-95%. It can proc your Pantheon trinket flower which is a lovely passive heal.
    2. Your mastery effectiveness. I'm not sure why it's so low (60%) but it shouldn't be anywhere bellow 80% on stacked up fights like Garothi Worldbreaker. Small fix bellow:
    3. Your Rule of Law uptime is 7%. That's pretty bad, Rule of Law is one of those abilities that feel kinda irrelevant and just another button that is there to annoy you, but it's wonderful! You should always keep it on 1 stack and just pop it anytime it's about to get to two stacks. The way I got in the habit of using it more was by making a WeakAura that just popped every time it was on 2 stacks.
    4. Your legendaries are not very good, nothing you can do here really. When you get either the Holy Ring, Prydaz or the Light of the Martyr Cloak replace your ring and then the trinket.
    5. You don't have Sea Star of the Depthmother. STUPID good trinket, doesn't even compare to anything else even in super low ilvls. I still have a 915 and it's MUCH better than my 985 Pantheon trinket. IF you have it, then replace your legendary trinket with literally any other legendary you have. Yes, it's THAT good.
    6. Your Aura of Sacrifice HPS seems to be kinda low. ~9k HPS is not very good, you should be aiming for 30k at least. Make sure you keep your Holy Shock, Light of Dawn and Judgement when popping Aura Mastery and then spam away. You should also make sure to pop it when you KNOW damage is about to come. Try to not overlap with other healers unless you're trying to shit on someone specific (e.g. you see a druid popping Tranq, pop aura mastery, top everyone up in 2 globals and fuck their Tranq up :P). If you don't feel comfortable with it, just use Aura of Mercy.
    7. Use Tyr's Deliverance! It wasn't used a single time in that fight, it's a GREAT spell for fights where there's consistent but not high ticking damage.

    Hope that helped!
    Last edited by Vordie; 2018-02-05 at 06:33 AM.

  3. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post
    4. Your legendaries are not very good, nothing you can do here really. When you get either the Holy Ring, Prydaz or the Light of the Martyr Cloak replace your ring and then the trinket.
    Thanks for all of the great input so far. Btw, I thought Velen’s was supposed to be the “best” legendary. Is that false?

  4. #1024
    velen's is still strong but lost some relative strength since you have 3 or 4 viable trinkets this tier (sea star, eonar's, amanthul's, highfeathers) compared to last tier only having sea star. (honorable mention to arcano which i've made my peace with and given up on)

  5. #1025
    Epic! Vordie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenetix View Post
    Thanks for all of the great input so far. Btw, I thought Velen’s was supposed to be the “best” legendary. Is that false?
    Velen's is really good but it's an extra cooldown so it needs to be used correctly to be effective, AND it takes up the valuable spots of Sea Star & Pantheon Trinket. The Judgement Ring is BiS and then the 2nd BiS is up for debate. I'd say for chill raiding, Prydaz is your 2nd BiS.

    Here's some more information on legendaries from the Paladin Discord (join here), lots of information there.

  6. #1026
    Where exactly in the log would it say I had 55% downtime? I think this is a result of being scared to overheal.

  7. #1027
    Epic! Vordie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenetix View Post
    Where exactly in the log would it say I had 55% downtime? I think this is a result of being scared to overheal.
    https://wowanalyzer.com/report/QrjTL...4:39)/Empoxnor

    Scroll down and you'll find some more info. You really shouldn't be afraid to overheal as a paladin, overhealing is mostly an issue with classes that actually have to care a lot about their mana consumption and long fights. A paladin is generally pretty good when it comes to mana, especially in the early and very short fights of the instance.

  8. #1028
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post
    Velen's is really good but it's an extra cooldown so it needs to be used correctly to be effective, AND it takes up the valuable spots of Sea Star & Pantheon Trinket. The Judgement Ring is BiS and then the 2nd BiS is up for debate. I'd say for chill raiding, Prydaz is your 2nd BiS.

    Here's some more information on legendaries from the Paladin Discord (join here), lots of information there.
    According to the below spreadsheet it seems like Valen's is better than Seastar by a fair margin. Is it worth even using the normal version of the Seastar?

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1712747333

  9. #1029
    Epic! Vordie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenetix View Post
    According to the below spreadsheet it seems like Valen's is better than Seastar by a fair margin. Is it worth even using the normal version of the Seastar?

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1712747333
    I'd say so, yes. That sheet assumes that you're using Velen's Future Sight VERY optimally. Also, replacing it opens up a spot for a different legendary like the ring, neck or back.

  10. #1030
    Blademaster Nuniqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    42
    Yea. The opportunity cost of wearing velens eats into that quite a bit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •