Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I PvP on non-humans to show my skill, tauren, orc, and goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    EMFH the same for 10 years yet only now, first 2 weeks in the season, the ladder is crowded with humans and alliance. Looks like people just ignore a lot of variables and narrow things down as much as it's needed to fit their rhetoric.
    Wrong. Fist EMFH hasn't been around for 10 years, so it's safe to say you know fuck all about anything. Second, it was a major gripe in Cata and a lot of top end players went alliance. Only after some work to racials for MoP (undead's touch of the grave) and also Blizzard putting stats on the the escape trinket did some of the top players move back to Horde. The start of WoD Orc hardness and undead will of the forsaken had been nerfed also aiding in top players seeing the much higher benefit of having EMFH. No one is ignoring variables, the top end players don't swap factions and move an entire PVP guild for funsies, they do the math and they weigh the stats.

Deleted
    In other competitive games when one faction gains anything higher than a 2-4% advanatage its considered broken and usually fixed.
    But in wow apparently 95-98% of top 500 arena/rbg being alliance is ok and 1 race out of 13 making up 50-60% of the ladder is ok also, because every top pvper in the world has no clue what there doing because alliance racials aren't even that good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you make a thread called "PvE is only for Horde" next?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    Wrong. Fist EMFH hasn't been around for 10 years, so it's safe to say you know fuck all about anything. Second, it was a major gripe in Cata and a lot of top end players went alliance. Only after some work to racials for MoP (undead's touch of the grave) and also Blizzard putting stats on the the escape trinket did some of the top players move back to Horde. The start of WoD Orc hardness and undead will of the forsaken had been nerfed also aiding in top players seeing the much higher benefit of having EMFH. No one is ignoring variables, the top end players don't swap factions and move an entire PVP guild for funsies, they do the math and they weigh the stats.
    Tell that to the guy I quoted, he said it's been around for 10 years. It's in the game since wrath and since then suffered minor modifications like CD or so but it was always a free trinket.

Fact of the matter is this: Top PvP ladder in mists was Horde for America, Alliance for EU, EMFH was the same. Aka skill > racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    It doesn't increase your damage by 20% - And even if it did, lining both the proc and on-use trinket together on top of your cooldowns is something you're going to rarely do. (Unless it's at the start of the fight and you're playing triple DPS, who cares)

- - - Updated - - -

No it doesn't that's ridiculous, I could get 1 more crit than you and win, 1% is nothing. I'd like to see the evidence that the human racial ends out giving even any DPS more than the other racials tbh.

And don't get me wrong, I used to bitch about this stuff all the time - But right now it's really not worth talking about.
    It's sad how 100% wrong you are. And it's not just 1% you fuck. Even if it was 1% you need to multiply that by how many human players you have and minus any human players they have. EX: You have 3 human players the enemy have 0 human players, simple math dictates that you have a 3% higher chance to win assuming you start with a comp/skill vs comp/skill is 50/50 you gain 3% giving you 53/47. You have done nothing but rolled human and made sure your partners are human and gained a 3% advantage, and as I said before it's more than a 1% overall buff.

Quote Originally Posted by makoi6 View Post
    In other competitive games when one faction gains anything higher than a 2-4% advanatage its considered broken and usually fixed.
    But in wow apparently 95-98% of top 500 arena/rbg being alliance is ok and 1 race out of 13 making up 50-60% of the ladder is ok also, because every top pvper in the world has no clue what there doing because alliance racials aren't even that good.
    Want me to snapshot the 5th week of the season 9 ladder when EMFH was the same and prove to you that it's not about racial? Since everyone dullfully ignores it's been only 2 weeks of this season and is already snapshotting ladders left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    Hey smarts, when you have a free trinket slot you can use an on use dps trinket which, you guessed it, GIVES YOU MORE BURST.
    Let me get this straight: So the extra trinket which is on use 400 versatility gives you around 4.5 % increase: thats 4.5k damage over 100k. thats 1 tick of say vampiric touch... forsaken touch of chaos deals that much, orc blood fury will deal that much, troll berserking would squeeze that much in, if a tauren crits twice over that 100k dmg it would deal that much.... instead off QQing over that 0.5-1% dmg... go QQ because all the 100 top players are the same 100 players that were rank 1 last season but switch to alliance... I can guarante you if those 100 went horde, the top 100 would be horde.

Deleted
    Tell that to the guy I quoted, he said it's been around for 10 years. It's in the game since wrath and since then suffered minor modifications like CD or so but it was always a free trinket.

Fact of the matter is this: Top PvP ladder in mists was Horde for America, Alliance for EU, EMFH was the same. Aka skill > racials.
    Yes racials were somewhat balanced in mop, orc/ud racials were strong enough to be competitive with human so you could go ally or horde.
    Then they nerfed horde racials and buffed human ones, making alliance the clear option.

- - - Updated - - -

Want me to snapshot the 5th week of the season 9 ladder when EMFH was the same and prove to you that it's not about racial? Since everyone dullfully ignores it's been only 2 weeks of this season and is already snapshotting ladders left and right.
    You think all the top US players are going to swap back horde or something?

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    It's not one less trinket to buy. You will still most likely want 2 pvp trinkets for the set bonus.
    Exactly, and unless I'm missing something the only 2nd trinket that gives you the set bonus negates the human racial. As a human which 2 trinkets should I be using for a free iwin button?

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Exactly, and unless I'm missing something the only 2nd trinket that gives you the set bonus negates the human racial. As a human which 2 trinkets should I be using for a free iwin button?
    There are 4 pvp tirnkets now that give u the bonus. The traditional one, stats + get out of shit every 2 mins. The proc one, base versatility, chance on hit procs 520 str/agi/int. The on use on, give 88(?) str/agi/int, on use gives 520 versatility. Finally the health one, gives xstat, and increases your health by like 17000(?)

Well good, Horde was the dominant pvp faction long enough.

Also I find it pretty funny that people NOW are super bothered by the human racial, even though medallions now have half a stat budget making EMFH only worth HALF a trinket opposed to a full trinket like it was previously. Point being that the human racial was actually more powerful in the past, yet people now get their panties in a twist over it. I think alliance getting viable dps racials in addition to EMFH is what triggered it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    Let me get this straight: So the extra trinket which is on use 400 versatility gives you around 4.5 % increase: thats 4.5k damage over 100k. thats 1 tick of say vampiric touch... forsaken touch of chaos deals that much, orc blood fury will deal that much, troll berserking would squeeze that much in, if a tauren crits twice over that 100k dmg it would deal that much.... instead off QQing over that 0.5-1% dmg... go QQ because all the 100 top players are the same 100 players that were rank 1 last season but switch to alliance... I can guarante you if those 100 went horde, the top 100 would be horde.
    It doesn't matter if the best players would still be the best if they weren't human; they're human because that's the best.

Horde and Alliance on EU were like 60/40 not like now on US where it's 78/22. And do you just blindly regurgitate things other people say? Also EMFHS being around since Wrath still doesn't mean it's been around for 10 years, try 6. Do you also know what wasn't a thing back then during Wrath? Lets go do the list shall we. First you could not pay to faction swap, you had to re-roll and lvl a new toon. Second you could not swap your race via paid service, again you had to re-roll. Third there were no account bound achievement so again you would lose all of you titles and achievement progress if you re-rolled. I know you are going to say "but Vurdah you could faction swap and race change in Wrath" and yes you could but only towards the very end of wrath, so people had already been playing one faction the entire expansion which brings me to the fourth thing on my list. You had to have a team to be able to queue for arenas and if you left said team or changed faction you lost all rating and any chance as rank.

Horde dominate PvP for 10 years, it's fine.. Large amount of Horde PvPers swap to Alliance, thus putting their skill on that faction, Alliance shows higher rank in PvP.. the world is falling apart. Wat.

the racial is strong not due to static dps increase, but due to burst dps increase. A human that pulls burst cds with 2 trinkets up is forcing way more cds and kills than a nonhuman, because hes burst is an estimated 125 % (900 mainstat is the 690 pvp trinket proc) mainstat stronger.

Wich means that u need like 25% more hp to survive the burst phase, or a 25 % dmg reduction cd.

Anybody who says other never went into arenas, and is a stupid idiot.
    A humans hunter chimaerashot in mop endphase did 140 k dmg crit, a nonhuman never more than 110 k. Human icelance critted for 120k , nonhuman for 90k.

Americans are not on the same high level in pvp than for example europeans, where human was the way to go since cata at least.
    In Europe no serious RBG team takes u if you are nonhuman and are on a class allowed to be human.

All competitive pvpers i have met in the course over 10 years, have all gone alliance long before this came up in this very America-centered Forum

Only now, after the Blizzcon, where Human power was shoved up americas hordes ass, they realized this thing by checking their logs and asking themselves " oh how the fuck did this guy did 30 k more dmg with icelance than my icelances do?"

And the answer is very simple: he was human.

Quote Originally Posted by makoi6 View Post
    Yes racials were somewhat balanced in mop, orc/ud racials were strong enough to be competitive with human so you could go ally or horde.
    Then they nerfed horde racials and buffed human ones, making alliance the clear option.
    EMFH is the same free trinket since it was introduced in the damn game. That's 8 years of the same racial that clearly didn't give such a groundbreaking advantage as you make it out to be. 8 years of the same EMFH. What part of that can't you understand?

You think all the top US players are going to swap back horde or something?
    I think all the top US players are going to be top no matter what race they play at. They were top in mists when EMFH was the same and they played horde, they were top in cata when EMFH was the same and they played horde, and....surprise, surprise! They are top now as well. But after 3 or more expansions of being in the top, it's clear as daylight that NOW, 2 weeks in the season, they won't even be in the top 200 without them being humans this time around. There's absolutely no doubt.

/sarcasm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well good, Horde was the dominant pvp faction long enough.

Also I find it pretty funny that people NOW are super bothered by the human racial, even though medallions now have half a stat budget making EMFH only worth HALF a trinket opposed to a full trinket like it was previously. Point being that the human racial was actually more powerful in the past, yet people now get their panties in a twist over it. I think alliance getting viable dps racials in addition to EMFH is what triggered it.
    Im bothered because they NERFED the best horde racials, while human racial remained untouched, they BUFFED most ally racials so now they have a super strong human racial that was untouched and insanely strong dwarf racial, while hordes best ones got nerfed into the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should just disable all racials in rbg and arena, imo
    im cool pls respodn

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    the racial is strong not due to static dps increase, but due to burst dps increase. A human that pulls burst cds with 2 trinkets up is forcing way more cds and kills than a nonhuman, because hes burst is an estimated 125 % (900 mainstat is the 690 pvp trinket proc) mainstat stronger.

Wich means that u need like 25% more hp to survive the burst phase, or a 25 % dmg reduction cd.

Anybody who says other never went into arenas, and is a stupid idiot.
    A humans hunter chimaerashot in mop endphase did 140 k dmg crit, a nonhuman never more than 110 k. Human icelance critted for 120k , nonhuman for 90k.

Americans are not on the same high level in pvp than for example europeans, where human was the way to go since cata at least.
    In Europe no serious RBG team takes u if you are nonhuman and are on a class allowed to be human.

All competitive pvpers i have met in the course over 10 years, have all gone alliance long before this came up in this very America-centered Forum

Only now, after the Blizzcon, where Human power was shoved up americas hordes ass, they realized this thing by checking their logs and asking themselves " oh how the fuck did this guy did 30 k more dmg with icelance than my icelances do?"

And the answer is very simple: he was human.
    There you have it folks. EMFH is nothing without skill, proven by America. Being a human won't turn your arena matches into a simple formality. You have to back it up with skill.