Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Counter for Mistweaver Monks

Hey all,

My friend and I were playing 2s the other day in a Frost DK/Holy Pally comp. We were having some issues killing teams with a Mistweaver on them, since the healing from his main heal is duplicated by the Jade Serpent Statue. I had originally though that killing the statue would be the way to prevent him from healing so much, but the skill is on a 10sec cooldown, so destroying it is basically pointless.

What do you guys do to counter Mistweaver Monk+DPS comps?

i play ret pally dbl dps in 2s, but normally i just sit on the healer unless its a disc priest or resto druid and i can whittle them down, forcing CDs, until thy pop defensives, where i burst then they usually die monk, pally, and shaman healers are candy for me.

Usually I just leave against MW Monk + DPS, their bubble has a 55 second CD, they have a ton of mobility, and decent CC. If you play Healer/DPS you can win, but it's going to be at least a 10 minute game I'd imagine going into 50% dampening. If you play double DPS you basically have no chance against even a half decent MW Monk.

As frost DK/HPal you should probably just tunnel the MW Monk for about 10 minutes, you don't have the CC required to kill his partner, but Holy Paladins are pretty strong right now so they should be able to manage okay into dampening. That's pretty much the only thing you can do, but it still won't be easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell your DK friend to read what his Glyphs do.

Then tell him to sit on the MW and spam Icy Touch. Win.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Tell your DK friend to read what his Glyphs do.

Then tell him to sit on the MW and spam Icy Touch. Win.
    I'm actually the DK in the comp. I'm well aware of the purge effect from GoIT, and I use it frequently against Disc Priests. What can be purged from MW Monks? I'm not very familiar with the Monk class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    i play ret pally dbl dps
    i just sit on the healer
    i burst then they die
    I fucking hate this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreiglshock View Post
    I'm actually the DK in the comp. I'm well aware of the purge effect from GoIT, and I use it frequently against Disc Priests. What can be purged from MW Monks? I'm not very familiar with the Monk class.
    I know the mists buff can be ccd. I play frost dk too. The problem with us is that frost dks have the lowest mobility in the game. MW monks have some of the highest mobility in the game. Its hard to keep up with them. I rarely fight them but I play double dps so I actually have a chance at killing them.

How to beat MW monk:
    1. Train a player in the MW team, spamming dispel on Envelopping Mist.
    2. MW is forced to pop Life Cocoon on said player.
    3. Switch on the monk, stun.
    4. GG!

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I know the mists buff can be ccd. I play frost dk too. The problem with us is that frost dks have the lowest mobility in the game. MW monks have some of the highest mobility in the game. Its hard to keep up with them. I rarely fight them but I play double dps so I actually have a chance at killing them.
    He's playing with a paladin. Mobility shouldn't be an issue.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    How to beat MW monk:
    1. Train a player in the MW team, spamming dispel on Envelopping Mist.
    2. MW is forced to pop Life Cocoon on said player.
    3. Switch on the monk, stun.
    4. GG!
    Is Enveloping Mist the channel that is duplicated by the Jade Serpent Statue? Does dispelling it stop his channel?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreiglshock View Post
    Is Enveloping Mist the channel that is duplicated by the Jade Serpent Statue? Does dispelling it stop his channel?
    No, Enveloping Mist is a "hot" that powers up some of their other healing spells (not sure which) but it's a good idea to remove it if possible.
    The only way to stop his channels are interrupting and CC'ing him.