Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    No, don't increase ilvl. There's no need to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I see folks stating that CM's "shouldn't" be part of progression. Well.. why not? Why can't it serve in parallel to another method?

You'll see post after post about how LFR currently isn't part of progression either (though for many players it can be), yet CM gear is worse, while being far more challenging to complete. Nevermind that a full clear nets you one piece of gear, while LFR can hand out more than that.

Right now, unless you're going for medals, you have zero reason to step into a CM. There's room for raid-difficulty 5 mans in this game without rustling too many feathers, and this mode is a good way to do it.
    Isn't that what Heroic dungeons are for? If you don't want to progress then why bother with CM gear rewards?

The rewards in CM are already guaranteed. Bumping them closer to 655 will make Normal raids a bit useless; one reward every day versus 7 rewards that are not guaranteed by the raid. It makes better sense to bump them late after Blackrock Foundry to catch up with Heroic and Mythic Foundry groups.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2014-12-27 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I had no idea that CM gear was more than transmog. I've missed a lot since MoP CMs.
    The gear reward for getting Gold is transmog.

The daily quest though is just to complete the specific CM, no metal needed, and that rewards a random epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    No, don't increase ilvl. There's no need to.
    Why?

LFR offers the same loot and you can just afk that shit.

Deleted
    All you ppl care is getting new shiny epixs which is kinda amusing of this "wow community". If you dont like to do daily cm then dont fucking do it simple as that. I think daily cm rewards idea was at the start to be more likely small upgrade to heroic blue items which helps u to get in NORMAL highmaul. You guys already have free walkthrough in lfr highmaul where u dont even need to do anything. AND theres been alot highmaul trashfarmers so go check for crafting prof gear from ah you will be surprised of the price now. Personally i dont even bother to do cm now cuz im overgeared with my main char and my alt already got loot from lfr and ah. If you guys dont want to use any effort for gearing mby you should ask yourself why u are even playing videogames if you dont want to use any kind of effort for achieving something.

It would seem that, while WoW is based around raids being the main gear method and where most of the story takes place, there's definitely space for something harder you can do with a smaller group being a semi-viable gearing method. LFR is a zero communication afk snooze-fest with half the people being carried. While it should be there so everyone gets their monies worth from raid content, it shouldn't reward more for something that is mindless, anti-social and easy.

5 mans have their place, can be fun, are (usually!) smaller, so easier to get to know people running them and reward teamwork and co-ordination more. At a point when Blizz are desperately trying to bring some form of community back... it seems like a no-brainer.

While wow peaked in wrath which has some of the easiest 5 man content, everything before it, while the player base was growing was based on generally less well defined less... "easy" content. Not all of it raid.

Hard mode dungeons were popular and before that bigger dungeon content was popular (BRD, UBRS etc). There's definitely an easy niche that can be exploited. Lock 650 gear behind bronze so there's a definite level of skill needed. At that point you CANNOT say it's "another easy-mode, loot pinata for the casuals" as it does require a little time and effort to get good at, MUCH more so than LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizzy Fizzy View Post
    Finishing a CM run at the moment just for the gear is fairly easy, getting a 650 would too great of a reward and would make normal highmaul gear be a lot less relevant.
    Normal highmaul will already be near irrelevant when this change would possibly come (6.1) because of normal BRF.

Also world boss dropping 660 loot, or was it 665?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."