Thread: Holy think tank

Holy think tank

I want to create a constructive post to help analyze options for Holy as a healer and optimization. I have seen some differences in how to use Holy from top Holy priests including Jhazrun. Lets stay constructive and not criticize one another in here. No question or idea is dumb, from my experience we can shine playing a handful of ways. With that said:

Hot blanket- Smart heal fishing
    (I been looking at top parsers use Solace,Chakra Sanctuary, renew spam with CoH on CD while in sanctuary.) It offers great throughput and some strong smart heals. I feel where it lacks is emergency triag. I have tried filling in with some flash/bindings and go to reach for a PoH but have found any use of PoH even under serendipity will oom you fast. Maybe later spirit levels will allow for more of this.

Jhaz-Style
    (Perhaps the highest skill cap of Holy playstyles. Chakra Serenity, Renew blanket targets receiving damage, use surge of light procs, glyph of shield, binding heal and PW serenity to keep Renew rolling on low targets.) This style requires you to read into the fight, keeping in your mind where the damage is going out and managing your renews like a boss. I found it to be very mana intensive, in order to keep renew up I had to use so much binding that my serendipities went wasted a lot of the time. Do you burn serendipity on 2 stacks and let renews fall off or ignore serendipity accepted when needed to put out a PoH?

AoE stack
    ( Chakra Sanctuary, renew triage, throttle mana for CoP on stack points) Surge of light for serendipity buff?- Solace for mana, binding for serendipity > CoP? The spirit required for this play is not yet attainable, I can't seem to manage it and not get complaints about active time/healing meters performance.

After testing several specs, I feel that PoH and CoP could use a mana cost reduction or will shine late expansion when more spirit is available. PoM feels a little weak and devalues Divine Insight as a talent. That is about all I got for now, I would love to hear your ideas and experiences.
    Last edited by Nightstorm; 2014-12-17 at 08:05 PM.

I never realized that glyph of pws would refresh renew in single-target chakra. That is pretty clever.

On Butcher I was destroying meters with the lvl 100 talent Clarity (the one that replaces your PoH) and CoH on cd, with renew on tanks.

How is the holy word from the group chakra feeling? I haven't used it much.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromok View Post
    I never realized that glyph of pws would refresh renew in single-target chakra. That is pretty clever.

On Butcher I was destroying meters with the lvl 100 talent Clarity (the one that replaces your PoH) and CoH on cd, with renew on tanks.

How is the holy word from the group chakra feeling? I haven't used it much.
    Holy Word Sanctuary is as bad as it always was. You can theoretically precast it before long group AOE and it will do some healing, but it's still miniscule. Individual ticks are laughably weak and it's the worst ground heal by far, nothing new here.

I'm not sure about "destroying meters" with Clarity of Purpose. Even at 100% bonus healing, it heals for less than PoH and it's trivial to arrange groups for maximum PoH efficiency on Butcher. You'd get more AOE healing and mending procs in addition to that. Seems superior to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Holy Word Sanctuary is as bad as it always was. You can theoretically precast it before long group AOE and it will do some healing, but it's still miniscule. Individual ticks are laughably weak and it's the worst ground heal by far, nothing new here.

I'm not sure about "destroying meters" with Clarity of Purpose. Even at 100% bonus healing, it heals for less than PoH and it's trivial to arrange groups for maximum PoH efficiency on Butcher. You'd get more AOE healing and mending procs in addition to that. Seems superior to me.
    CoP does heal more than PoH at 100% bonus. However it's the healing per mana that's the real advantage to the spell. I still consider it garbage compared to words of mending though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    PoM feels a little weak and devalues Divine Insight as a talent.
    The thing that devalues DI as a talent is not the state of PoM, but the fact that with the new Holy playstyle you will rarely find yourself casting Heal and even less PoH, so your chance to get the proc from DI is quite close to zero.

PoM is less powerful than once, but still a large part of your healing (if casted on CD and choosing Words of Mending as a level 100 talent).

Quote Originally Posted by -Virgo- View Post
    The thing that devalues DI as a talent is not the state of PoM, but the fact that with the new Holy playstyle you will rarely find yourself casting Heal and even less PoH, so your chance to get the proc from DI is quite close to zero.

PoM is less powerful than once, but still a large part of your healing (if casted on CD and choosing Words of Mending as a level 100 talent).
    Tru, I missed that we rarely cast anything that will proc it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    Tru, I missed that we rarely cast anything that will proc it.
    At least until we get 4pc in BRF and then it'll be on like donkey dong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffel View Post
    At least until we get 4pc in BRF and then it'll be on like donkey dong.
    Can't wait *_*

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post

Here is my meters from my first Butcher kill a few weeks ago: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=healing

Ok, I certainly did not destroy anything on them (and I did fail to utilize PoM), but I had a lot of fun with CoP.

Basically I kept CoH and Lightwell (and PoM next time) on cooldown. Then CoP/PoH on melee, to expedite the CoH cooldowns. Seemed synergistic and fun to me and mana held up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromok View Post
    Here is my meters from my first Butcher kill a few weeks ago: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=healing

Ok, I certainly did not destroy anything on them (and I did fail to utilize PoM), but I had a lot of fun with CoP.

Basically I kept CoH and Lightwell (and PoM next time) on cooldown. Then CoP/PoH on melee, to expedite the CoH cooldowns. Seemed synergistic and fun to me and mana held up.
    I still don't see it outperforming renew. Here's some logs from an alt raid, probably closest raid size to the log you linked.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=healing
    obviously 1 less healer and a higher difficulty. I was planning on running FDCL and using divine star for procs... I may have forgotten I spec'd divine star until near the end.