101lvl rares multiple kills

hi - just a random question, can the 101lvl rares, those that drop 620ilvl loot be farmed - as in killed more than once?
    If I'm after a certain item that drops with 50% chance and wont get it on first kill, do I still get a chance on subsequent kills?

thanks, and happy new year

Rares that inhabit the level 100+ areas only appear when the Apexis dailies for that place are active, and can only be looted once per day.

The mobs themselves will respawn but drop no loot if you've already killed them that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Rares that inhabit the level 100+ areas only appear when the Apexis dailies for that place are active
    Incorrect. I frequently patrol the areas for rares on days when they're not the target of the daily because they award a good chunk of rep. They spawn on a timer just like most rares, the daily has no ties to it.

Only getting loot once a day is true, though, and they're not guarateed to drop their gear.

ok thanks, and I can confirm that rares spawn without daily hub being active and do drop loot

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    Incorrect. I frequently patrol the areas for rares on days when they're not the target of the daily because they award a good chunk of rep. They spawn on a timer just like most rares, the daily has no ties to it.

Only getting loot once a day is true, though, and they're not guarateed to drop their gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    ok thanks, and I can confirm that rares spawn without daily hub being active and do drop loot
    Not active for you, but active for someone.

Alliance and Horde can have different areas active, plus it often bugs out and keeps the areas from the previous day active as well.

But the way it's supposed to work is that the daily quest being active is required both for rares to spawn, and the Apexis Crystals and Primal Spirits to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Not active for you, but active for someone.

Alliance and Horde can have different areas active, plus it often bugs out and keeps the areas from the previous day active as well.

But the way it's supposed to work is that the daily quest being active is required both for rares to spawn, and the Apexis Crystals and Primal Spirits to drop.
    Blues have confirmed this is indeed the intention, but I too have noticed that the daily zone often "carries over" from the day before.