Leveling a caster in WoD

So I would like to level a caster in WoD, mainly for pvp. I love dot classes and I'm having a difficult decision between priest and warlock right now. I've played both before and enjoy them equally, although I wouldn't mind being able to offspec heal which warlock can't offer. That aside, what do you all suggest I level? Spriest or lock?

things to consider:

Which is best in PvE, because I do some of that.

Best for rbgs

Best for arena/ how many different compositions they are viable in.

Thanks for your help!

You really want to level a caster and play pvp? There is only one choice: Affliction warlock. If you have played today as a caster you will notice some got their pvp weapons and what a ******* joke situation melee (mostly DK, Ret, Combat Rogue and Feral) currently is. Super frustrating.
    <inactive>

Affliction is great for 3v3 and RBG. Haunt damage is pretty real.

Spriest is a glass cannon that gets fucked unless you have a good mage to peel. Godcomp seems to be the most viable Spriest comp. However when you get sick of getting your face beat in you can go disc and roll over teams until you run into DKs constantly dispelling your bubbles. As for PvE Spriests seem to be in a better spot than Warlocks.

If you want a class that isn't pidgeon-holed into a niche role you can just play Druid. Amazing in PvE regardless of spec, good in PvP as Boomy, can provide offheals for your partners, good CC too. Great in PvE, 2v2, 3v3, and RBGs and you can go Resto if you feel like healing or if you get bored and want to try melee you can just go Feral and get easy rating.

hunter :P /10chars

casters are pretty boned at the moment besides warlocks

So the general consensus on which caster to level is.....finish gearing up my ret paladin.

Are spriests really glass cannons? If so this would most likely push me towards warlock.

If you want to play a pvp caster just do it. The only caveat I'd give is that if your MAIN activity in pvp will be 2v2 arena, you will have a significantly more difficult time with a caster as compared to melee. Not saying it can't be done, but it is harder. In 3v3 you have a lot more flexibility with ranged/melee/healer comps. In RBGs it's pretty open.

Also, if raiding is a consideration, melee dps is the hardest role to find groups for.

Priest simply because you can not heal as warlock or Druid which you didnt mention that you can also heal/Cast/Melee. Having the ability to perform a different role will increase the comps you can play and to me just makes a class more playable for that reason.

I like to have one melee and one caster every xpac, I raid/pvp with both. I've bounced back and forth between lock/mage, I wanted to try something new (spriest, I hate boomkins new playstyle)

I just want a good list of pros and cons on spriest versus warlock. My one pro for spriest is that I can offspec heal, which I like. Pro for lock is that I've been playing it forever.