Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thank you for making Mythic>Blues for PvP.

As someone who would rather PvP in games with good PvP, but still occasionally goes into WoW's PvP with friends I just want to thank whoever decided to make mythic gear better for PvP than blues. Seriously, thank you. I don't want to completely gear up again before I'm relevant. Sure my mythic set pieces aren't quite as good as conquest gear, and I still need to grind a trinket, but this is so much nicer.

"Completely gearing up again" Would literally have taken you a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    As someone who would rather PvP in games with good PvP, but still occasionally goes into WoW's PvP with friends I just want to thank whoever decided to make mythic gear better for PvP than blues. Seriously, thank you. I don't want to completely gear up again before I'm relevant. Sure my mythic set pieces aren't quite as good as conquest gear, and I still need to grind a trinket, but this is so much nicer.
    merp

edited.
    Last edited by Sinyc; 2014-12-18 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    You are upset that gear that is 10-16 ilvls higher is stronger than honor gear?

Honor gear roughly equals Honor gear in PvP and Honor gear is stronger.

Conquest is stronger than Mythic.

Not sure what you are complaining about.
    If you had read his post you would see that he is not complaining, but rather happy that he can use his mythic gear for pvp and still be roughly at the same gear level as people in full pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    "Completely gearing up again" Would literally have taken you a few hours.
    "A few hours" is about all I pvp per season.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also, thanks for making the BiS pvp gear warforged mythic gear with or without gem slots. By thanks I mean no thanks, Blizzard.

Good. I never want to see what happened in MOP in the last part of the expansion where PvP gear was USELESS outside of arena/rbgs. The way gear works now with upscaling in PvP combat is fucking amazing, it means we wont just have <1% of the population running around in full mythic in world pvp zones (like timeless isle) having 30-50%+ more stats in PvE geared compared to most people in full PvP gear who don't raid.

I use to be a hardcore raider back in TBC/WOTLK in top 20 world guild so im not just some biased guy whos never raided before...yeah I get what you're saying...but guess what when I raided back in TBC our gear (besides glaives) were fucking shit in arena and we all sucked it up and got PvP gear as well. At the time I was thinking like you...but now I realize why its better than PvP gets scaled up...its to avoid exactly the fucked up situation the game was in in the last part of MOP.

can't wait for the burst classes with mythic trinkets....

Deleted
    PvP Gear should ALWAYS be better than PvE Gear. Sadly (again.....) it isn't and won't be.
    Yeah, THANK YOU Blizz.. not

It is completely reasonable that PvP blues are worse than mythic. It's not everyone else's fault you only have a few hours to play per season.

As long as the Conquest gear is better, that's fine with me.
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    It is completely reasonable that PvP blues are worse than mythic. It's not everyone else's fault you only have a few hours to play per season.
    Conquest gear is better than heroic blues in PvE, so things are pretty balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Edorien View Post
    Conquest gear is better than heroic blues in PvE, so things are pretty balanced.
    Yep. I'm quite amazed that anyone actually has a problem with how things are working now.

Except mythic stuff trumps conquest and every minmaxing pvpers will be funneled to brf mythic once it opens.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    They can always just up the amount the conquest gear scales upward when BRF releases.

I could be wrong but I thought they were disabling sockets, trinkets effects, pve set bonuses, etc on pve gear in pvp. I agree 695/701 ilvl mythic gear might still be a problem for off pieces, but considering how well everything else is designed atm they might have something up their sleeve for when BRF opens up.

Can anyone confirm whether or not pve trinkets / set bonuses / sockets work in instanced pvp?

[edit] I could care less about world pvp. As long as we don't have timeless isle 2.0 I don't see why anyone else would care about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    Yep. I'm quite amazed that anyone actually has a problem with how things are working now.
    It's actually working just fine right now.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    Good. I never want to see what happened in MOP in the last part of the expansion where PvP gear was USELESS outside of arena/rbgs. The way gear works now with upscaling in PvP combat is fucking amazing, it means we wont just have <1% of the population running around in full mythic in world pvp zones (like timeless isle) having 30-50%+ more stats in PvE geared compared to most people in full PvP gear who don't raid.

I use to be a hardcore raider back in TBC/WOTLK in top 20 world guild so im not just some biased guy whos never raided before...yeah I get what you're saying...but guess what when I raided back in TBC our gear (besides glaives) were fucking shit in arena and we all sucked it up and got PvP gear as well. At the time I was thinking like you...but now I realize why its better than PvP gets scaled up...its to avoid exactly the fucked up situation the game was in in the last part of MOP.
    Back in the day PVE gear was as commonly used as pvp gear. Especially if you had access to T6 offsets to get the 4set bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    ye I used to run 4 pvp and 4 pve set bonuses back in SWP times

I think at the moment it works best as it can.

Pvp conquest gear is better than normal and hc raid gear(at lest in warrior case)
    PvE Mythic gear is better than SOME pvp items.

Finally there is sense to play pve and pvp LIKE IT
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.