Tried healing in arenas....

I used to heal as mw in mop and the perma cc chains that made me spent half the time sitting there doing nothing drove me insane.

In wod i heard they did some cc removal thing so I thought hey! nice I can play my game now .

And here I tried as disc. oh god...not sure whats going on here stun > silence > blind > etc > stun again > wob wob wob.

I find the cc is actually worse now for some reason. atleast in mop i had a little 3 sec window to get some heals off. now i barely have enough time for 2 gcds to put bubbles on my team mates before i go back into this cc hell again.

what on earth did they actually remove in regards to ccs.

Deleted
    I hear you brother. I was looking forward to their new strategy in WoD with bigger healthpools (relatively), lower burst and less cc. But some classes can still kill me in a few globals after my cds are down, and I'm still sitting in cc as much as before.

Nothing has changed.

So you guys whine on one thread that Healing is OP and on other thread that you cannot heal ?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    at 1904 right now 2.3k mmr, healers just have to worry about purge spam. Cc is fine, just like it was last xpac

I find healing fine, you have to learn to los the other team. If you're out in the open healing, of course you're going to get cc'd. I play druid and almost all teams with a purge can destroy me once the healing debuff gets up there. That's the only problem I have with this expac.

Ya, the point is they sheered up TYPES of CC, not the volume of CC in general.
    If they removed all CC as you feign, then PVE would be effected.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

If they removed all cc the game would be dead. Who would want to play a game where you just tunnel vision the other team all day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trinket is hard amirite.

Quote Originally Posted by r1dik View Post
    If they removed all cc the game would be dead. Who would want to play a game where you just tunnel vision the other team all day?
    ^qft
    If they removed most/all cc from arena, they would be braid dead as F...

You just have to learn/know when to trinket the right CC, and hope your teammates eat Traps etc.
    I cant really talk though, my teammates are carrying me hard (Junglecleavelol)

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

Deleted
    I generally don't like how long stuns and roots last. The latter of course gives away my class of choice: warrior
    I'd rather have more diversification of CC and shorter durations than longer durations on just a few spells. Give back -spelloutput (old overpower) instead of 4 seconds of locked schools of magic. CC feels horrible because somebody else takes control of you and often it's so easy to apply and not think much about it (disengage root, frost nova, auto root on autoattack, blood horror). As for stun-openers, they are at least somewhat harder to execute but seeing that you can begin the fight whenever you want (stealth) it becomes a matter of running a PvE like rotation rather than something with skill behind it. All the while the CC'd is hammering his only option because the outcome of a stun opener is predictable. low health, need defensive CD. Pulling insignia instantly against a rogue just invites the rogue to reset instantly, having the advantage of you not having a trinket for 2min while he just used his first vanish and his partner (for example feral) didn't even show himself. (of course this is worst case scenario)

Proposed changes:
    - Interrupts are different for different classes.
    All interrupts stop the cast from finishing.
    Caster interrupts lower output of that school for x seconds instead of locking it out.
    Melee interrupts will put the interrupted ability on the cooldown it would have had or if it doesn't have any CD it goes on x seconds CD (locking out that one spell but not the school)

It feels bad to not be in control of your character and in cases of interrupts it doesn't feel good to be blocked from a school because someone "kicked" you. CC should not be as controling as the name states but should rather be based on lowering output than number of actions someone can do. The whole game would be more fun this way for both sides.
    Blizzard correctly removed cast-slowing abilities like mind-poison and curse of tongues but i feel output lowering like overpower would be more fun for the CC'd than simply not doing anything for that time.

As for roots, they are rather difficult to design. You need to give people the means to get away form melee but roots can also be a very effective means to simply pacify rogues, enhancers and warriors for 12 seconds unless they want to use way to important abilities to get out of them. It's interesting to see Blizz remove Shattering through, as it only does counter 2 classes (paladin and mage) but leave mechanics in the game that effectively only counter 3 by such passive means (as far as I know DKs can break roots fairly often without using a DPS or Def CD, correct me if I'm wrong. they can still pull someone to them though).
    I'd like to see roots work more like a short 100% slow that dissapates quickly to a normal slow. 1sec root and then 5 more seconds until you're back at 50% movement speed. Yes it would only block charge/intercept/shadowstep/etc for one second but that's the point of it. Roots are boring for the one being rooted. 8 seconds of meh and then a sheep/frosttrap? That's just stuipd. Of course you'd remove or otherwise balance the slow removal from burst of speed. Maybe have BoS increase in cost each time it removes a slow or give the remove slow a 3 sec iCD (duration of BoS).

10+ Year Old Account
    Mistweavers are among the bottom of the food chain healing-wise. Out of Life Cocoon, they're easy to tunnel now. Unfortunately, while the buffs MW got helped them out in PvE, they haven't gotten much love for PvP yet.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Yea i think arenas q r a little low just becasue of the merge everyone in 1 q

Deleted
    hug that pillar

CC is better, but a little too much stun and kick, and they fixed the Death bug for Disc, so I can finally shit on Hunters again.

But the biggest issue is the entire healing model in WoD, healers just need to purge, and then the hybrids heals the team, this is just wrong.

Just put some neat little 120k+ absorbs on people so it doesn't matter if you sit CC.

#EzLyfOfADisc
    #WeSaidWe'dNerfDiscLolJk

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Just put some neat little 120k+ absorbs on people so it doesn't matter if you sit CC.

#EzLyfOfADisc
    #WeSaidWe'dNerfDiscLolJk
    Hello Purge, bye shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethidia View Post
    Hello Purge, bye shield.
    Luckily you don't see Shamans in Arena.

Last edited by Anzen; 2014-12-19 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Luckily you don't see Shamans in Arena.

Luckily also Hunters/Priests/Locks/Mages can remove the shields :O Ohh and Shamans are top 5 represented in 3s above 2k, I see plenty of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethidia View Post
    Luckily also Hunters/Priests/Locks/Mages can remove the shields :O Ohh and Shamans are top 5 represented in 3s above 2k, I see plenty of them.
    Except there are so many trash buffs by the time you've actually gotten to the shield, you've lost the window. As a healer you have to give up many globals to be able to get to that, which is counter to a shaman's style. They have a very reactive healing style with little cc, so their purging will get interrupted. Also it means they have to run after a healer which is itself probably trying to LoS, so there needs to be a safeguard like hots or shields, which they don't really have.

The only reason shamans are viable in threes is because of ret paladins. If ret wasn't there, shamans wouldn't be either.

Deleted
    Healing is for girls Real men go dps hehe