Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which Melee are in a good place in PvP (that isn't Feral/Ret/DK)?

The continuous nerfs to Windwalker monk have left me perplexed and utterly depressed. Sure, we can still perform alright, and if you're REALLY good, you can even get over 2200 rating. Keep in mind this is not a OP/NERF flame war thread, I'm just trying to figure out what to switch to.

Paladin and Feral don't interest me. I tried feral along side with my Monk, and they feel like one trick ponies. The second you're stunned without your trinket up you're dead. I feel like I also lack the tools that other classes like DK or Rogue bring to the table, other than being able to heal my partner.

I'm thinking Rogue or Warrior..They've GOT to be in a better position than Monks right now. I really do love the monk play style, but my lack of defensives, my continuous incoming nerfs, and the utterly ridiculous change to Fists of Fury (making it require a target) has left me wanting to retire him.

Gladiator stance warrior doesn't interest me very much, but fury looks like it's a lot of fun with the recent tuning it received in a hotfix. 20% backstab buff to Sub is a nice change as well, maybe they aren't just CC bots anymore? I'd like to actually dish out some damage here.

I'd love to play a DK, they've always been fun, but my arena partner is also a dk, and I'd rather not play the same class. DK/DK/Disc sounds silly, heh.

Sub isn't the best pvp spec now after the 20% backstab buff?

Yea.. since last night we've been running with me as BRM and him as UH in blood, it's pretty funny, and very easy.. but I shouldn't have to go tank spec to make my class viable =(

10+ Year Old Account
    All melee classes are doing pretty good in PvP in general. Some are better in certain situations than others.

ei, Rogues are great for Arenas/BGs but they are shit for Coliseum/Ashran. Conversely, DKs are doing good in Coliseum/Ashran and BGs, but not so hot in Arenas. Rets are doing good everywhere as is Feral. WW Monks are sucking in Arenas/Coliseums but doing good everywhere else. Warriors are so-so in Ashran/Coliseum, but they are good at Arena/BGs.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Rogues. They are perfectly balanced in PvP IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashran in general is pretty bad for melee. Sure it's possible to get kills, but unless you're on a nicely balanced group, it's bridge fighting 99% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is 0 reason to bring a warrior or enh shaman to a team over a Ret or Huntard. Rogues though are in a similar spot as DKs, with an overpowered skill set in one area, control for rogue, damage for dks, and an ability to exploit that skillset with another class.

Rogue is the only other choice really, if you are not going to play melee as Ret/Feral/DK. Warriors are going to be dead until a redesign probably next season. Enh might never get any love.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Well there's not many left to choose from. Warrior and enha are both so-so and have to rely on good teammates to make it work. Rogues on the other hand are both stupidly OP and stupidly easy to play, got to spec combat though.

Anyway if your arena partner is a dk, just spec brewmaster and faceroll easy ratings. I'm not even kidding, that comp is a joke in 2v2.
    Gotta disagree with you there on the rogues being op. Imo the only thing op about rogue At the moment is 8s kidneys and that's only in combat. Rogue dmg is subpar and combat needs time to stack to red buff. Compared to rets rogue dmg is mediocre. And personally I find sub rogue challenging to play but as you said combat and ass are pretty easy. I play ret rogue and Dk and I feel im working much harder on the rogue only to do less dmg...

I like this time of year its good now just until they nuerf them lol

Rogue as lots of control.. how can you ask for more damage?

Pvp is not all about damage..

Dk's for example have lots of damage, but are the most kitable class in the game.

You can never have the full kit.

As a combat rogue (as I said) you just tunnel a healer for the whole duration of a match, never touch anything else. Kidney killing spree during red buff, gz 2.6. Not op at all? I'm not even exaggerating, that's how you do it?
    Well I think that's a problem with melee in general at the moment but my point was combat can do that sure, but they need time to stack to red buff compared to dks and ret who can burst you harder on demand. Rogues have less uptime on the target than rets and need time to get going so I don't think that's op, minus 8 s kidney.

Only melee that has a right to complain is Enhance shaman. Everything else works fine and has its place.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

10+ Year Old Account
    I stand corrected, I just armoried that nexxer rogue.

It's 2.7. By burst of skill kidney spreeing a healer for 5 min.
    Without the broken kidney the spec wouldn't be threatening at all IMO.

Op Q; anything but enh sham works for melee right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    mindblown how you didn't put combat rogue in there.

or

you were talking about monks OP, have you tried BM? Venruki plays it sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Windwalker Monks. Aside from needing a little survivability, they are the closest to where 'average' or 'balanced' is as far as melee go. Warriors and Enhancement are below that, and everything else is above it.

Ww is litterally the worst spec in pvp, terrible survivability, bad damage on plate wearers, no utility, it's like picking a rogue without stealth, every high rated monk runs brewmaster
    Warriors are ok and i'd even dare to say good, arms brings good rot damage and fury an insane single target dps/burst

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Rogues. They are perfectly balanced in PvP IMO.
    other then 8sec kidney and bos...

but other then that....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Ww is litterally the worst spec in pvp, terrible survivability, bad damage on plate wearers, no utility, it's like picking a rogue without stealth, every high rated monk runs brewmaster
    Warriors are ok and i'd even dare to say good, arms brings good rot damage and fury an insane single target dps/burst
    I'm sorry to break your 'nay-saying' bubble but it's really not as bad as you make it out to be. WW is completely fine in all areas except survivability - it needs another defensive, and that's about it. Otherwise, it's in a perfect spot.

Brewmaster's taken because of the fact they can pretty much do similar damage (like all tanks I've noticed) as well as survive a lot longer and the utility brought with their statue is great. That's not a problem with WW, that's a problem with BM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    I'm sorry to break your 'nay-saying' bubble but it's really not as bad as you make it out to be. WW is completely fine in all areas except survivability - it needs another defensive, and that's about it. Otherwise, it's in a perfect spot.

Brewmaster's taken because of the fact they can pretty much do similar damage (like all tanks I've noticed) as well as survive a lot longer and the utility brought with their statue is great. That's not a problem with WW, that's a problem with BM.
    People believe a class is underpowered when they bash their head against a keyboard and don't see any results. WoD PvP is actually really well balanced. Obviously not perfect, but its not out of control.

BoS is only OP for flag running, and even then i'd rather have a tankier class be fc. as do pretty much any rbg team. all the bitching and crying in the world only managed to get it's cost increased. if they nerf it any further then we have two useless talents for that tier.

p.s. shadow reflection will KS you as well making it 12 seconds of stun. it's pretty hilarious in 2's. a lot of people die before the second kidney goes off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futon View Post
    Only melee that has a right to complain is Enhance shaman. Everything else works fine and has its place.
    Enhance Shaman? That's a funny way to spell: "Every fucking melee save Rets/DKs/Ferals."