Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroics full of bads these days?

So I haven't been running many heroics since the raids came out, don't need them. Just built an inn to take advantage of the scavenger fest and so ran a grim rail yesterday.

First boss the lock bitches at everyone to not kill the hulk bc the goblin is too high. I point out that if the ranged had been on the goblin the whole time they would have died closer together. "Lol gtfo noob" X has left group. Ok...bit of an overreaction there but whatev.

After the obligatory wipe bc someone's aoe pulled 3 groups in one of the train cars we are on the 2nd boss. I tell them to follow me to the back right corner to the safe spot. Mage and dk run off somewhere and die, while the healer and the other dps follow me and slowly wipe as they both are not picking up any mortars. I explain again to follow me to the safe spot and please pick up the mortars, dk dies out in the middle of nowhere again and the heals went afk sometime between the ready check and the pull 5 seconds later. Everyone leaves but the mage. New group in and I explain again. Shadow priest dies out in the middle of nowhere and asks why I didn't take the mobs off him. At which point I just left group.

Did I just win the dunce cap lottery or are heroics just this bad now that everyone who was half decent doesn't need them anymore except for inn quests.

I've noticed more shitters than usual recently.

Auchindoun, I, the healer was the only person to interrupt in the whole instance even though its filled with fucking warlock npc mobs from start to finish.
    I then swapped chars and ended up in Grimrail where the dps killed the big fella even though the little one still had 90% health. I left after the wipe, I'm not that desperate for 50 garrison resources and a satchel for putting up with shitters.

Having said that, most groups are decent or better, might just be a full moon or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did ONE heroic this week, a DPS and a healer ran ahead of me and pulled from the beginning of the instance to the first boss, ran it all back to me, and wondered why we died. I left after that.

Deleted
    They were always full of bad players

the vast majority of the skilled population have geared up and now do raids. Compared to release, a relative few now still do heroics. Also most have already completed all the inn quests, leaving fewer who still do the inn dailies. This leaves the average population of dungeons moving more towards the poor-skilled player side.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-12-19 at 01:36 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Surprisingly, the people I find on the raid finder are very.... well, ok. Smooth runs, not too quick, not too slow, safe, fun, etc. Sometimes I meet... below-average players, but if they are well-manered, the group helps the person!

Better a fun, not-so-bright person than a bad-mouthed elitist on my heroic pug random groups.

Doing Normals to try and get gear to get into Heroics is far worse. I worked up my Warrior to 100 to have for a backup Tank for our raids. Doing Normal modes was worse than pulling healthy teeth. Heroics were such a relief as, for the most part, people knew what they were doing. DPS might have still been a bit low but at least they weren't doing the stupid stuff I was seeing in Normal on every run.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I've noticed more shitters than usual recently.

Auchindoun, I, the healer was the only person to interrupt in the whole instance even though its filled with fucking warlock npc mobs from start to finish.
    I then swapped chars and ended up in Grimrail where the dps killed the big fella even though the little one still had 90% health. I left after the wipe, I'm not that desperate for 50 garrison resources and a satchel for putting up with shitters.

Having said that, most groups are decent or better, might just be a full moon or something.
    It's been hit or miss, imo, over the last week or so.

Last week I wanted to clear out several inn quests so I was queueing as heals. I got kicked from a group for yelling (after asking nicely twice earlier) at people when the double voidwalker pull in shadowmoon wiped us cause no one was interrupting. Then I ended up in grimrail and the DPS were standing in the missile targetting icons on the ground like it was their job, while doing only 7-8k dps each.

A couple days ago though I picked up BM as my offspec and I've tanked 4 dungeons since. All of them went very smoothly, only a couple of deaths, no wipes, even though we had a DPS under 10k consistently in each group.

Just now I healed another dungeon, no wipes and only a couple deaths, but DPS averages were just barely over 10k and fight mechanics like first boss in UBRS proved to be pretty tough for these guys to grasp, even with me explaining ahead of time. 653 ilvl let me carry people through it, but the bosses I was doing 25k+ HPS and I'm pretty sure that group would have had a big chance of multiple wipes without a very overgeared healer.

Deleted
    I am sorry for being shit

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's kind of scary considering how amazingly bad people were in heroics for the first couple weeks.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    Doing Normals to try and get gear to get into Heroics is far worse.
    Do PvP instead. Honor gear will be better than what drops in normals, save perhaps for the trinkets.

Anyway: I am very amused that the "make 5 mans harder!" idea appears to be failing spectacularly again. I don't think they're going to make this mistake again after this.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Silver proving grounds really hard
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    the vast majority of the skilled population have geared up and now do raids. Compared to release, a relative few now still do heroics. Also most have already completed all the inn quests, leaving fewer who still do the inn dailies. This leaves the average population of dungeons moving more towards the poor-skilled player side.
    I'm basically in that boat. I am now only planning to do some on my alt to gear him up, otherwise I don't wanna see the sea of bads in heroics. I'll only do on my main if I need since I can carry the dps as need be on heroics. But I'd agree with you. A lot of us are now out of that and have no need or desire to do any of that again.

They don't seem any different to me. Just did an arc run, and the only trouble was on the third boss, not picking up/killing adds (partly my fault as the tank) but everything else ran smoothly, no wipes, and very good dps across the board.

My overall experience with heroics was good this time around, if not extremely short lived in usefulness. Sad to see so much artwork and rather fun boss encounters become irrelevant exactly 1 month in, but also glad to bow out of them before the overgeared facepulling dps nonsense started.

Makes me ever wonder why I joined a guild where peoples backgrounds are checked....

Deleted
    the bads are getting to 100 now, so they swarm the dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So I haven't been running many heroics since the raids came out, don't need them. Just built an inn to take advantage of the scavenger fest and so ran a grim rail yesterday.

First boss the lock bitches at everyone to not kill the hulk bc the goblin is too high. I point out that if the ranged had been on the goblin the whole time they would have died closer together. "Lol gtfo noob" X has left group. Ok...bit of an overreaction there but whatev.

After the obligatory wipe bc someone's aoe pulled 3 groups in one of the train cars we are on the 2nd boss. I tell them to follow me to the back right corner to the safe spot. Mage and dk run off somewhere and die, while the healer and the other dps follow me and slowly wipe as they both are not picking up any mortars. I explain again to follow me to the safe spot and please pick up the mortars, dk dies out in the middle of nowhere again and the heals went afk sometime between the ready check and the pull 5 seconds later. Everyone leaves but the mage. New group in and I explain again. Shadow priest dies out in the middle of nowhere and asks why I didn't take the mobs off him. At which point I just left group.

Did I just win the dunce cap lottery or are heroics just this bad now that everyone who was half decent doesn't need them anymore except for inn quests.
    I'll never understand people who think 'hey does my singular, extreme example represent the norm?'

No, as if it even needs to be said, it does not. The vast majority of heroics I've run have been fine and even when there were wipes (back in the first week or two when some were fairly tough) people toughed it out and cleared stuff. Yeah, sure, I had 2-3 really lame groups, but that's just the way it goes sometimes. There is no 'norm'. The groups are going to be as RNG (for lack of a better term) as any aspect of the game itself. We're going to get lame groups, great groups, meh groups, adequate groups, disastrously bad groups, and everything in between. Why don't people ever make topics about the good groups?

"hey, had a great heroic, are awesome people taking over?" Seriously, where's that topic?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    Silver proving grounds really hard
    Judging from some of these stories, perhaps they need to up the requirement for Heroics up to Gold. I could live with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    wow players are just notorious for being shitlords

i miss ffxiv so much

i wish it actually had content. the community is so much better. the worst ffxiv player isn't even close to half as bad as the worst wow player.

it's not even fair to call them retarded because even a retard on fire could probably play better than most wow players. i could play 10x better than most wow players drunk off my ass and about to pass out.

i seriously cannot believe how fucking easy silver damage is, damage players should have to get Endless 10 to queue for dungeons.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2014-12-19 at 05:22 PM.