Thread: Stephen Colbert

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Stephen Colbert

One of the best characters on television is forever gone. Or, is, forever?

Goodbye the Reverend Sir Doctor Sen. Stephen T. Mos Def Colbert, D.F.A., Heavyweight Champion of the World** la Premierè dame de France. May the chant of "Stephen! Stephen!" ring out for all eternity.

I tip my hat to you.

what?
    10 chars..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    One of the best characters on television is forever gone. Or, is, forever?

Goodbye the Reverend Sir Doctor Sen. Stephen T. Mos Def Colbert, D.F.A., Heavyweight Champion of the World** la Premierè dame de France. May the chant of "Stephen! Stephen!" ring out for all eternity.

I tip my hat to you.
    You do realize he's going to network television and his new show is going to be late show with stephen colbert.

Deleted
    who?
    /10char

I'm seriously curious to see what his new persona will be for the Late Show. I couldn't give two shits about the Late Show when it was Letterman, but I'm very interested to see what Colbert does with it. It won't be his right wing satire persona anymore, but the guy is really an outstanding interviewer when he isn't joking around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You do realize he's going to network television and his new show is going to be late show with stephen colbert.
    You do realize I was talking about the character Stephen Colbert, not the actor Stephen Colbert, right? Some people...

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    what?
    10 chars..
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    who?
    /10char
    There are other ways to show you're not interested in American politics. Also, there's Google. And Wikipedia.

Also, I'm wondering if Colbert broke some record with the celebrities, actors and politicians he had on the last episode. There were a few...

I know wrapping that in spoiler tags is a bit silly since there seem to be nobody here from the Colbert Nation, (and it also doesn't really give out much important information) but whatever. Just in case there are, and they've not watched it yet.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-12-19 at 03:09 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I didn't watch the show that often, but it seemed like he always had a knack for discussing news, politics, and world events more bluntly and plainly than anyone else, all while being pretty entertaining to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I didn't watch the show that often, but it seemed like he always had a knack for discussing news, politics, and world events more bluntly and plainly than anyone else, all while being pretty entertaining to watch.
    Same. I was always entertained, I just don't think about politics unless one side is really being a bitch in the media that week, and even then... they are all the exact same idiots in a suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I figured he'd be replacing Craig Ferguson, but it makes sense he'll be the new letterman. Hopefully he gets to loosen up a bit, he's gotta be tired of playing the hypocrite republican, or whatever that schtick is supposed to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
    I figured he'd be replacing Craig Ferguson, but it makes sense he'll be the new letterman. Hopefully he gets to loosen up a bit, he's gotta be tired of playing the hypocrite republican, or whatever that schtick is supposed to be.
    Ferguson actually decided to quit after it was known that Dave was quitting. But, yeah... While Colbert is apparently religious, which I think is his biggest flaw, he's definitely not an uptight conservative, or Republican. Can't wait to see what kind of a format he'll put his talk show in.

Personally, I think he should copy Graham Norton from the UK, and do it like he does; have all the guests on the couch at the same time, and then discuss shit with them one at a time. Jonathan Ross (another UK talk show host) even is copying Norton in that he's now having the first guest stick around with the second one - albeit this was done in the American model often as well - but also the first and second with the third, and so on. I just feel like Norton does it the best, having all of them on the couch simultaneously. It just simply works, period, and it's not the stuck up American model that's been used by everyone.

I just hope it won't be the same old "monologue, chat with band/sidekick, a bit, (maybe another bit), guest, (maybe a bit), second guest, musical guest", done. It's just so - pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ferguson actually decided to quit after it was known that Dave was quitting. But, yeah... While Colbert is apparently religious, which I think is his biggest flaw, he's definitely not an uptight conservative, or Republican. Can't wait to see what kind of a format he'll put his talk show in.

Personally, I think he should copy Graham Norton from the UK, and do it like he does; have all the guests on the couch at the same time, and then discuss shit with them one at a time. Jonathan Ross (another UK talk show host) even is copying Norton in that he's now having the first guest stick around with the second one - albeit this was done in the American model often as well - but also the first and second with the third, and so on. I just feel like Norton does it the best, having all of them on the couch simultaneously. It just simply works, period, and it's not the stuck up American model that's been used by everyone.

I just hope it won't be the same old "monologue, chat with band/sidekick, a bit, (maybe another bit), guest, (maybe a bit), second guest, musical guest", done. It's just so - pointless.
    Conan has been keeping multiple guests on at once for years, so your labels are pretty terrible. Hell, Carson was doing it multiple decades ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Conan has been keeping multiple guests on at once for years, so your labels are pretty terrible. Hell, Carson was doing it multiple decades ago.
    Yeah. Except not. Conan has had the format of two guests (plus musical guest) per night forever now.

I'm talking about 3-4 guests on the sofa at the same time, and at the best case scenario, 3-4 very big name ones.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-12-19 at 09:54 PM.

Now where is my friend going to get all of his buzzwords and news?

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea about "Carson", if you mean Carson Daly, because I don't watch shit like that.
    You. Have. GOT. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

Johnny. Fucking. Carson. Cripes dude, are you for real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Except not. Conan has had the format of two guests (plus musical guest) per night forever now. No idea about "Carson", if you mean Carson Daly, because I don't watch shit like that.

I'm talking about 4-5 guests on the sofa at the same time, and at the best case scenario, 4-5 very big name ones.
    Johnny Carson.

And for Conan it depends on the guests. When I worked for the show when he was still in NY, there were times he had 3 guests and Andy Richter all on the chair and couch. It would start with one, and then the second would come out and the first would slide over.

If you mean they all come out at once, that is more of a panel show and is a completely different format. And if you want that, Bill Maher has been doing that for a long time too.

Deleted
    He'll always be Chuck Noblet to me.

Strangers With Candy is a classic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You. Have. GOT. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

Johnny. Fucking. Carson. Cripes dude, are you for real?
    Oh yeah, THAT Carson. Well I knew him. I just thought him as "johnny", not as "carson".

Anyways, he didn't have 3 (sometimes 4) people on the couch at the same time, for the entirety of the show, did he?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, THAT Carson. Well I knew him. I just thought him as "johnny", not as "carson".

Anyways, he didn't have 3 (sometimes 4) people on the couch at the same time, for the entirety of the show, did he?
    Not every episode, but there were times he had 5+ out there at once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Not every episode, but there were times he had 5+ out there at once.
    Well, fair enough. That's how Graham Norton does his show, every episode, and it is, as a format, like PERFECT. It's an actual TALK show, and people actually talk to each other. It's great.

I just wish Colbert does something like that, instead of the worn out shit that has been done several times before, and which is being done by everyone else right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw Mark Hamill and George Lucas there.

Lets just say Mark look like he had some stuff to make his face look a bit better than it previously did.
    Hey everyone